Options

Best Audioslave Song

2»

Comments

• Options
    upina2001upina2001 Indiana Posts: 764
    set it off

Toledo, Ohio (September 22, 1996), East Troy, Wisconsin (June 26, 1998), Noblesville, Indiana (August 17, 1998), Noblesville, Indiana (August 18, 2000), Cincinnati, Ohio (August 20, 2000), Columbus, Ohio (August 21, 2000), Nashville, Tennessee (April 18, 2003), Champaign, Illinois (April 23, 2003), Noblesville, Indiana (June 22, 2003), Chicago, Illinois (May 16, 2006), Chicago, Illinois (August 05, 2007), West Palm Beach, Florida (June 11, 2008), Tampa, Florida (June 12, 2008), Columbus, OH (May 06, 2010), Noblesville, Indiana (May 07, 2010), Wrigley Field (July 19, 2013), US Bank Arena (October 01, 2014), Lexington (April 26, 2016), Chicago Night 2 (August 20, 2018), Boston Night 1 (September 02, 2018), Nashville (September 16, 2022), St. Louis (September 18, 2022)

• Options
    elmerelmer Posts: 1,683
    theres been a new audioslave album???? Have the first one, love the opening two songs but from there I didnt enjoy it..................does anyone think that the second is a vast improvement or what???
  • Options
    Audioslave- Like a Stone
    Out of Exile- The Worm

Those aren't their most popular, but they're my favorites off of each album. The Worm absolutely rocks.
    http://www.myspace.com/dgulley
    And sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky
    A human being that was given to fly...

Check out my band, Artificial Red:
    http://www.myspace.com/artificialr
  • Options
    Cochise blows all of their other songs out of the water!

I remember when I first seen the Cochise video...I was blown away!
  • Options
    the last remaining light
  • Options
    I'm not a fan of AS, or SG, or RATM, or even Cornell for that matter - but let me say that "I am a Highway" is certainly one of the best rock songs of this decade, if not the best.
    "This guy back here is giving me the ole one more....one more back to you buddy."

- Mr. Edward Vedder 7/11/03

• Options
    elmer wrote:
    theres been a new audioslave album???? Have the first one, love the opening two songs but from there I didnt enjoy it..................does anyone think that the second is a vast improvement or what???
    you have got to be fucking kidding me...

who the fuck in the WORLD doesn't know audioslave released a new album?

what have you been dead for half a year or something?

they've had like... 4 or 5 top-charting type hits off it already...

also they've apparently got another album pretty much done.

jesus man get with it! :)

It's different.. where the first album was kind of confused... (RATM featuring chris cornell) Out Of Exile flows magnificantly.

It's much better than the first. i highly recommend it.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • Options
    I'm not a fan of AS, or SG, or RATM, or even Cornell for that matter - but let me say that "I am a Highway" is certainly one of the best rock songs of this decade, if not the best.
    RATM and AS sure sure... but how can someone not be a Soundgarden fan? :confused:
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • Options
    mrwalkerbmrwalkerb Posts: 1,015
    elmer wrote:

it's a massive dissapointment, not a good record by any means at best is like 6/10, there are glimmers of genuis in some songs but the rest are pretty mediocore. I can't belie the praise that has been hefted on this record throughout this thread, it is my conviction that Audioslave will never be more the a bucket of unreached potential.
    "I'm not suicidal, except when I drink. That's why we don't all drink at the same time, there'd be no-one alive to drive home..."
    Chris Cornell

http://www.myspace.com/mrwalkerb
  • Options
    you have got to be fucking kidding me...

who the fuck in the WORLD doesn't know audioslave released a new album?

what have you been dead for half a year or something?

they've had like... 4 or 5 top-charting type hits off it already...

also they've apparently got another album pretty much done.

jesus man get with it! :)

It's different.. where the first album was kind of confused... (RATM featuring chris cornell) Out Of Exile flows magnificantly.

It's much better than the first. i highly recommend it.
    hehehe, dont read any music press, may give it a try,
  • Options
    i didnt like out of exile when i bought it the day it came out now i just realize how tone deaf i was at the time and i now realize this cd rocks!!!! i would say audioslave is the best newer band weve seen in a long time
    6-23-06...Pittsburgh,PA

www.myspace.com/hattricks412
  • Options
    mrwalkerb wrote:
    it's a massive dissapointment, not a good record by any means at best is like 6/10, there are glimmers of genuis in some songs but the rest are pretty mediocore. I can't belie the praise that has been hefted on this record throughout this thread, it is my conviction that Audioslave will never be more the a bucket of unreached potential.
    ........well I remember being disappointed by soundgardens last studio album and ive heard considerable praise heaped onto it, so what you say makes sense
  • Options
    mrwalkerbmrwalkerb Posts: 1,015
    elmer wrote:
    ........well I remember being disappointed by soundgardens last studio album and ive heard considerable praise heaped onto it, so what you say makes sense
    See the last soundgarden record (down on the upside) was a fantastic cd for the first 8 songs then it just went to shit. as a whole it's decent but not great yet filled with great songs, that's just my take though
    "I'm not suicidal, except when I drink. That's why we don't all drink at the same time, there'd be no-one alive to drive home..."
    Chris Cornell

http://www.myspace.com/mrwalkerb
  • Options
    is it me or does AS have one recepie on how to write a song?

- slow buildup with corny lyrics, but cool because of CC.
    - buildup turns to steady kickass, but not over the top.
    - insert childish funky Morello solo that makes me laugh (zings and wahs).
    - reinsert corny lyrics.
    - turns up a notch, now it's over the top, CC screaches a bit.
    - fade out with a few more Morello zippies and weewees.
    "This guy back here is giving me the ole one more....one more back to you buddy."

- Mr. Edward Vedder 7/11/03

• Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Lost_Clay wrote:
    for me it's 'show me how to live'

ditto.............
  • Options
    lukin14lukin14 Posts: 287
    right now, my favourite is Drown Me Slowly
    life is the study of dyin'
    and how to do it right
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • Options
    #1 zero...
  • Options
    OmaramaOmarama Posts: 267
    well i'm not really an authority since i don't own any albums but off the top of my head i'd say cochise.it won me over.not too mention the bloody awesome video
    Monty Got a Raw Deal

" makes much more sense to live in the present tense "
  • Options
    thatgirlthatgirl Posts: 3,671
    "what you are" (audioslave)
    "dandelion" (out of exile)

but i LOVE all the other songs as well!!!
    "I hear Fanch has a Pimp Cup and loves Kiss. I think that's all that really matters."
  • Options
    GarnerGarner Posts: 182
    best album of our time is a bit of an overstatement don't you think?

yeah it was terrific... but cmon..

getaway car has always been a favorite of mine...

Out Of Exile (the song) was the one that i liked the most on the new album i think.. LOADS of great songs on it though.
    I said one of
    Barry Bonds is innocent