Oxegen!

2»

Comments

• Carlos DCarlos D Posts: 638
    redrock wrote:
    Sorry Carlos... No one was responding to HH's initial question as to who was going to Oxygen so we were joking at first that she would be on her own and it would be a special concert just for her then.... you said you were going, so now there's two (thus cosy), then.... you get my drift (maybe not! :o ) Basically just talking rubbish again! :D:D

Just a joke :D:D

Check the first few posts!!

:D Okay now I get ya ;)
    It may be the devil or it may be the Lord
    But you're gonna have to serve somebody.

www.bebo.com/pearljam06
  • Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    redrock wrote:
    Sorry Carlos... No one was responding to HH's initial question as to who was going to Oxygen so we were joking at first that she would be on her own and it would be a special concert just for her then.... you said you were going, so now there's two (thus cosy), then.... you get my drift (maybe not! :o ) Basically just talking rubbish again! :D:D

Just a joke :D:D

Check the first few posts!!

:D Lol, well I forgot to tell ya grr that there are three other girls coming with me... AND one of them, her sister is going along with 8 other girls so there is gonna be 13 of us altogether... I think :confused:

Oooohh, it's tomorrow :D I need to get wellies :eek:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    It is tomorrow! Yeah.... looks like wellies might be useful!

Carlos D and 13 girls.....
    :D Lol, well I forgot to tell ya grr that there are three other girls coming with me... AND one of them, her sister is going along with 8 other girls so there is gonna be 13 of us altogether... I think :confused:

Oooohh, it's tomorrow :D I need to get wellies :eek:

I know I can't believe it,I have nothing organised at all.I need to sort out what I'm bringing,who I'm going with and how I'll get out there....that's a lot to do in one day.

www.bebo.com/pearljam06
    Carlos D wrote:
    I know I can't believe it,I have nothing organised at all.I need to sort out what I'm bringing,who I'm going with and how I'll get out there....that's a lot to do in one day.
    Lol, that is! I know all that AND I'm half packed since Tuesday night :eek: . I'm so super organised. And the reason I don't have wellies is cos my sister said I could have my nieces but then my sister forgot to bring hers back from Cavan so I need to buy some now :o
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Lol, that is! I know all that AND I'm half packed since Tuesday night :eek: . I'm so super organised. And the reason I don't have wellies is cos my sister said I could have my nieces but then my sister forgot to bring hers back from Cavan so I need to buy some now :o

Any idea if crowd surfing will get someone kicked out?It's my life ambition to get crowd surfed and I wanna do it this weekend but I don't wanna rick gettin kicked out.

www.bebo.com/pearljam06
    Carlos D wrote:
    Any idea if crowd surfing will get someone kicked out?It's my life ambition to get crowd surfed and I wanna do it this weekend but I don't wanna rick gettin kicked out.
    Did you not get the information e-mail?

http://www.oxegen.ie/info/

I don't think it recommends crowd surfing - it's a bit childish anyway though, isn't it?
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Did you not get the information e-mail?

http://www.oxegen.ie/info/

I don't think it recommends crowd surfing - it's a bit childish anyway though, isn't it?

I am a child!...Technically.
    And come on,where would Pearl Jam be nowadays if it wasn't for crowdsurfing?That's what made them famous,that and the music but mostly the crowd surfing.

www.bebo.com/pearljam06
    Carlos D wrote:
    I am a child!...Technically.
    And come on,where would Pearl Jam be nowadays if it wasn't for crowdsurfing?That's what made them famous,that and the music but mostly the crowd surfing.

They don't do or tolerate it any more though ;)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    They don't do or tolerate it any more though ;)

Well I think they're childish then:D

www.bebo.com/pearljam06
    Oxegen is today!Wooohoo!:D

www.bebo.com/pearljam06
  • reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    Carlos D wrote:
    Oxegen is today!Wooohoo!:D

Have fun!
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
    Man,what a weekend.The first half of Saturday was terrible with the rain and all but once the Strokes came on and the weather got better it was amazing.

www.bebo.com/pearljam06
    Carlos D wrote:
    Man,what a weekend.The first half of Saturday was terrible with the rain and all but once the Strokes came on and the weather got better it was amazing.
    I agree completely. We had wandered around a bit in between sitting in the tent and in the car and then finally went out to watch the strokes - they were a good warm up for The Who, who were fucking absolutely amazing. Who did you see Carlos?

I went to see Sigur Ros instead of the Chilis and they were actually up there with the who - they were chilling.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    I agree completely. We had wandered around a bit in between sitting in the tent and in the car and then finally went out to watch the strokes - they were a good warm up for The Who, who were fucking absolutely amazing. Who did you see Carlos?

I went to see Sigur Ros instead of the Chilis and they were actually up there with the who - they were chilling.

Good warm up for the Who!They were better than them!:) I saw...The Marshalls(Didn't paying attention)Sandi Thom(Can't remember why),Mobile(They were amazing,I just watched them to get out of the rain)Hard-Fi(Worst performance...Ever!)Crimea(Absolutely terrible)Arctic Monkeys(Alright)The Strokes(Out of this world brilliant,the pit was crazy)The Who(Brilliant,much better than expected.That's saying something)James Brown(What a great laugh,dancing til 2am.I nearly fainted.)

On Sunday...Sharon Shannon(Traditional Irish music is always a laugh)Wolfmother(Only saw the end of them)The Cribs(I sat down while they were on)The Feeling(Really good)The Kooks(I was near the front,full of scumbags.I got kicked in the head)Placebo(Good performance but how depressing can you get?)Kaiser Chiefs(Brilliant,really exciting)Franz Ferdinad(Really good)Chili Peppers(Brilliant,much better than last time.Played all the hits).

Great weekend apart from half of Saturday.I had the misfortune of staying near a load of scumbags who kept trying to rob our tent,were always setting off fireworks and kept setting fire to tents.I was in A2,never again....

And then I got a free Bus to Naas and a cheap Taxi home cos some girls from Cavan were in there too.And then I had to work Monday about 7 hours after getting home...

www.bebo.com/pearljam06
    Carlos D wrote:
    Good warm up for the Who!They were better than them!:)

:eek: Surely you're joking??? :o

One of the girls with us had wanted to see Sandi Thom but thankfully it was pissing rain so we didn't have to :D

See the Chilis have said how the Irish are the best fans in the world? :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    :eek: Surely you're joking??? :o

One of the girls with us had wanted to see Sandi Thom but thankfully it was pissing rain so we didn't have to :D

I'm not joking.I thought The Strokes were awesome.As were the Who but I'm a bigger Strokes fan than a Who fan so that's why I loved it.

Chilis have played here about 5 times in the last 4 years and there was between 50,000 and 100,000 at each.That's incredible.

www.bebo.com/pearljam06
    Carlos D wrote:
    I'm not joking.I thought The Strokes were awesome.As were the Who but I'm a bigger Strokes fan than a Who fan so that's why I loved it.

Chilis have played here about 5 times in the last 4 years and there was between 50,000 and 100,000 at each.That's incredible.
    Well ok, fair enough I suppose, lol. I've just been mad about The Who for a while and know fuck all about the Strokes. I heard Drew Barrymore was at the side of the stage - she's going out with the drummer.

It is incredible that they can sell so much and no wonder theykeep coming back, lol, but really I only like their classics.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646

strange that.... they said the same thing about Scottish fans at T in the Park... all bands say that when they are playing... having heard all of the 1st leg of PJ's tour i noticed Ed says that the 2nd night crowd is always much better/louder/etc than the night before it... Kiedis was on BBC3 saying Scottish fans 'warmed his heart' then extolled the virtues of Scotland on the stage... big cheers... thats why they say it... for the big cheer...

wish i'd seen the Who live.... i love The Strokes as well... thought they were amazing on telly... unlike 2 years ago when they played and Julian was fucking hammered and he couldnt remember words and stuff... poor show :(
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    Oh dunk, it's so funny how you manage to sniff out any post where I mention something nice about Ireland. You didn't even know in what context they said it :rolleyes:

http://www.mtv.co.uk/mtvuk/news/article.jhtml;jsessionid=KUL1X1I15AK4FQFIAIISFEWAVABBEIV0?articleId=80134707

'Red Hot Chili Peppers have declared the Irish the best fans in the world.

In an interview with MTV News at Oxegen festival, drummer Chad from the giant band heaped praise on the Emerald Isle. “We’re very fond of the Irish,” said Chad. “Ireland is beautiful, it has beautiful countryside. We’ve been coming to Ireland for many years now and they’re the best and most passionate audiences, they love it.'

There ya go! :cool:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life

wish i'd seen the Who live....

Hahahahaha.... I did I did :p and you didn't :p
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Oh dunk, it's so funny how you manage to sniff out any post where I mention something nice about Ireland. You didn't even know in what context they said it :rolleyes:

http://www.mtv.co.uk/mtvuk/news/article.jhtml;jsessionid=KUL1X1I15AK4FQFIAIISFEWAVABBEIV0?articleId=80134707

'Red Hot Chili Peppers have declared the Irish the best fans in the world.

In an interview with MTV News at Oxegen festival, drummer Chad from the giant band heaped praise on the Emerald Isle. “We’re very fond of the Irish,” said Chad. “Ireland is beautiful, it has beautiful countryside. We’ve been coming to Ireland for many years now and they’re the best and most passionate audiences, they love it.'

There ya go! :cool:

i'm not denying he said that.... but Kiedis was on BBC3 and said practically the same thing... said Scottish fans were the loudest he'd ever heard, were just insane, etc etc etc... they all do it... him from Placebo was on and he said the same thing... Placebo played a festival in Poland last week and i bet he said that the Polish were the best in the world when he was there....

anyway, chilli peppers are shite live so i dont fucking care... how good were the Who you lucky fucker :)

did you see Artic Monkeys? Wolfmother? all of the Strokes set...? were they all good... i watched Wolfie and thought they were superb!!! :)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    i'm not denying he said that.... but Kiedis was on BBC3 and said practically the same thing... said Scottish fans were the loudest he'd ever heard, were just insane, etc etc etc... they all do it... him from Placebo was on and he said the same thing... Placebo played a festival in Poland last week and i bet he said that the Polish were the best in the world when he was there....

anyway, chilli peppers are shite live so i dont fucking care... how good were the Who you lucky fucker :)

did you see Artic Monkeys? Wolfmother? all of the Strokes set...? were they all good... i watched Wolfie and thought they were superb!!! :)
    I don't fucking care either :cool: but they do fucking love it here - Chad even came over one year for our crap music awards, lol. The Who - like I've said before, they actually matched Astoria :eek: . And that's saying something considering I was way way way down the field. Didnt' see Arctic Monkeys - heard them from the car though :o . Saw half of Wolfmother but they were on way too early for me to really get into it so it was almost forgettable. Good performance though. Saw most of the strokes - who I would give maybe 7 out of 10. Sigur Ros were a close second to The Who though.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    I don't fucking care either :cool: but they do fucking love it here - Chad even came over one year for our crap music awards, lol. The Who - like I've said before, they actually matched Astoria :eek: . And that's saying something considering I was way way way down the field. Didnt' see Arctic Monkeys - heard them from the car though :o . Saw half of Wolfmother but they were on way too early for me to really get into it so it was almost forgettable. Good performance though. Saw most of the strokes - who I would give maybe 7 out of 10. Sigur Ros were a close second to The Who though.

7 out of Ten???5 out of 5!!They were perfect!

Yeah I was glad the Chilis only played a couple off the new album,I just wanted to hear the hits.The only song they didn't play that I wanted to hear was Otherside but I wasn't complaining.They rocked.

The Who were amazing,there's no doubt about that.I closed my eyes when they played Baba O'Riley and imagined I was watching Pearl Jam!Only a month to go:D

www.bebo.com/pearljam06
  • fadafada Posts: 1,032
    I was hoping for the place to go dark and the strobe lighting for Won't get fooled again, like they did for the video of it in 78.
    fada wrote:
    I was hoping for the place to go dark and the strobe lighting for Won't get fooled again, like they did for the video of it in 78.
    Yeh, that would have been nice but I was happy with what we got.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life

did you only see 2 whole sets when you were there?? you appear to have spent a lot of time in cars/tents/vans... :confused:

i mean how can you possibly miss a band like Wolfmother.... and most of the Strokes!!?!?!?

nothing matches Astoria... nothing matches PJ... dont ever blasphemise again please :mad:
    did you only see 2 whole sets when you were there?? you appear to have spent a lot of time in cars/tents/vans... :confused:

i mean how can you possibly miss a band like Wolfmother.... and most of the Strokes!!?!?!?

nothing matches Astoria... nothing matches PJ... dont ever blasphemise again please :mad:
    You're only jealous cos you weren't there :D

We saw a few full sets while sitting around, manu chao, the cribs, the feeling (by most of the strokes I mean we probably only missed the first song), and got the last 25 out of a 40 minute set of Wolfmother. Did you SEE the weather???????? :eek: I did well compared to most.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life