New song by Death Cab For Cutie

JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
edited April 2008 in Other Music
I am usually annoyed by their music because of the singer's whiney voice, but damn, the new song is great!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• gleemonexgleemonex Posts: 848
    Are you talking about I Will Possess Your Heart or a newer new song?
    “Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It’s hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It’s round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you’ve got about a hundred years here. There’s only one rule that I know of, babies — ‘God damn it, you’ve got to be kind.’” - Kurt Vonnegut
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    gleemonex wrote:
    Are you talking about I Will Possess Your Heart or a newer new song?

Possess

reminds me of a Wilco song
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    I am usually annoyed by their music because of the singer's whiney voice, but damn, the new song is great!

If all you have heard is the stuff off there last album, "Plans" (I Will Follow You into the Dark and Soul Meets Body) ... give them another shot.

"Transatlanticism", the album before Plans, is probably in my top 10 albums of the 2000s

"Plans" was horrible.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • gleemonexgleemonex Posts: 848
    I've never heard Plans. I heard bad things and basically stayed away from the entire band. I did get Transatlanticism recently and that's a pretty solid album. I Will Possess Your Heart is pretty good, but the intro could be cut down by a minute and a half without losing much.
    “Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It’s hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It’s round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you’ve got about a hundred years here. There’s only one rule that I know of, babies — ‘God damn it, you’ve got to be kind.’” - Kurt Vonnegut
  • Yeah this song is really excellent, and a lot different for them. I hate hearing it on the radio because they chop up the intro, which to me is fucking great.
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2018 Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 MSG I, Fenway I, Fenway II
  • FunkdogFunkdog Posts: 85
    jimed14 wrote:
    If all you have heard is the stuff off there last album, "Plans" (I Will Follow You into the Dark and Soul Meets Body) ... give them another shot.

"Transatlanticism", the album before Plans, is probably in my top 10 albums of the 2000s

"Plans" was horrible.

I don't know about horrible, it's definately their mainstream album. Marching Bands of Manhattan, What Sarah Said & Brothers On A Hotel Bed are pretty solid tracks. But, Transatlanticism is definately their masterpiece.
    "Trying is the first step towards failure" - H.J.S.

"I have come here to chew bubble-gum, and kick ass! And I'm all out of bubble-gum!" R.P.
  • BremertonBremerton Posts: 279
    NPR had a 2nd song up for a few days, but they just replaced it with Possess.