This is why I can be a geek at times

JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
edited September 2007 in Other Music
I am listening to Radio Nigel (they play GOOD 80's new wave/punk, etc)

They are playing "Who Can it be Now" by Men at Work, and when the triple beat of the kick drum sounded to replicate the knocking sound, I made the triple-knocking motion with my fist.

I am in my office, minding my own business, doing tax returns, and as you can imagine, this is a horrifying realization!

But all is not lost, cuz I am still cool, but I just have to accept I have some geeky tendencies!

EDIT: They are playing a song by Julian Cope right now, and I am a huge fan, so I am still cool in terms of my taste in music.

Phew, that was a close one!

(this is what happens when I work 13 hour days and only sleep 2 hours the night before!)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• normnorm Posts: 31,146
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    I am listening to Radio Nigel (they play GOOD 80's new wave/punk, etc)

They are playing "Who Can it be Now" by Men at Work, and when the triple beat of the kick drum sounded to replicate the knocking sound, I made the triple-knocking motion with my fist.

I am in my office, minding my own business, doing tax returns, and as you can imagine, this is a horrifying realization!

But all is not lost, cuz I am still cool, but I just have to accept I have some geeky tendencies!

do it all the time.....sometimes i pretend i'm actually knocking on a door.....:eek: :D
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    cutback wrote:
    do it all the time.....sometimes i pretend i'm actually knocking on a door.....:eek: :D

Damn, you are a geek!....oops, but so am I!
    :)
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    and we're 80's geeks...:eek:....we should build a girl with our computers....;) :D
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    cutback wrote:
    and we're 80's geeks...:eek:....we should build a girl with our computers....;) :D

Well, I am taken, and since its 2007, its easier to use a computer to get a girl, as opposed to building one!
  • merkinballmerkinball Posts: 2,262
    cutback wrote:

From my heart and from my hand, Why dont people understand
    My intentions . . . . oooh, weird . . . . Weird science!!
    "You're no help," he told the lime. This was unfair. It was only a lime; there was nothing special about it at all. It was doing the best it could.

http://www.last.fm/user/merkinball/
    spotify:user:merkinball
  • I have a friend who is a real 80's new wave nerd, and he was telling me about Devo, and I say isn't that the band that wore flower pots, and he got real mad and said, THERE ENERGY DOMES.

Damn new wave
    "If my thoughts, dreams, could be seen, they'd probably put my head, in a guillotine, but it's alright ma, it's life and life only."