Kaiser Chiefs Vs Artic Monkeys

JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
edited May 2007 in Other Music
Both bands played at Coachella last month, but the AMs were billed much higher.

The KCs are having trouble selling-out a 1,200 seater in Los Angeles.

It baffles me that the AMs have so many more supporters.

The KCs are nice blokes who make catchy music.

Why are the AMs so popular?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Alex_CoeAlex_Coe Posts: 762
    KC is a pretty mediocre band (IMO), but they're still much better than the AM's.
  • btb002btb002 Posts: 183
    AM's got an iPod commercial, and they had made somewhat big news here when their album was the fastest selling in the UK. Personally The Kaiser Chiefs are in my list of Top 4 favs with Pearl Jam, Pavement, and Radiohead. High praise I know, but to me they're the catchiest band in recent memory. I like the fact that people don't know much of them, everytime I show them to a friend, they're always impressed. Makes me look like a genius, AT TIMES.
    You are just a negative mindless pud.
  • I have two trains of thought on this.

1 - AM are championed as some kind of "Super Band 47" by dirtrags like NME and whatever, and, sadly, the media make the band these days.

2 - People are just idiots.

That said, I'm not particularly fond of the Kaiser Chiefs, but I'll take them over the Arctic Monkeys any day.
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    I think the Kaiser Chief's new album is better then the Arctic Monkey's. I like both of them but I think the KC make catchier songs.
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • pdh1978pdh1978 Posts: 211
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    Why are the AMs so popular?

HYPE
    If you all stop hitting refresh for just two minutes, I can buy my tickets...
  • LedZepFanLedZepFan Posts: 1,009
    I think the AMs are terribly overrated and overhyped, though their new album is pretty good. Kaiser Chiefs seem to have some good songs here and there but overall I'm not thrilled with them. I guess both of them aren't particularly mindblowing to me.
    I've faced it, a life wasted, and I'm never going back again.

Some die just to live.
  • dont_go_on_medont_go_on_me Posts: 877
    I love both bands. I like AM music more than the KC, but the Kaisers put on a better live show (not saying AM are bad, they're really fun and a great show). But Kaiser Chiefs put on one of the most fun shows I've ever seen.
    "I'll do whatever the song dictates - if it doesn't need a real lead, then I won't do one. But if it does, then I'll fuckin' go off." - Mike

"Japan is awesome; the fans there knew all the words to all the songs...at least phonetically." - Stone

"I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version." - EV
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    Both bands are hamster droppings
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    Both bands are hamster droppings

Have you ever said anything positive on these boards?
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    Have you ever said anything positive on these boards?

People dont make many threads about bands I like and when I make them, not many people respond............so I guess I havent said a whole lot of good stuff.

Also, I hate most of the rock music nowadays.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

• PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    Same thing is happening in Werchter, which puzzled me.

I like both (as far as new-ish bands go) but AM has only 2 albums, 1 just barely came out. how can they end up higher billing than KC (let alone QOTSA :eek:!)? they are certainly overhyped for their own good.

haven't seen AM live, but I thoroughly enjoyed KC earlier this year..looking forward to Werchter very much, awesome day!
    People dont make many threads about bands I like and when I make them, not many people respond............so I guess I havent said a whole lot of good stuff.

Also, I hate most of the rock music nowadays.

Well, maybe if you put out a happier vibe, people would participate in your threads!
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    Well, maybe if you put out a happier vibe, people would participate in your threads!

Debating and arguing are more entertaining than praising
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

Debating and arguing are more entertaining than praising

of course, but if a thread isn't inviting debate, why take it there?>
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    of course, but if a thread isn't inviting debate, why take it there?>

I just like to get my two cents in..........as long as people make threads about terrible bands like these, I will bash them
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

• Ali babaAli baba Posts: 36
    DELETE THREAD

people who like pearl jam dont like:

-linkin park, artic idiots, kaiser chiefs ....
    Ali baba wrote:
    DELETE THREAD

speak for yourself, not everyone else!
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    speak for yourself, not everyone else!

i guess you are from UK?

well i just dont like NME telling us that bands like
    artic idiots are better then pearl jam
    Ali baba wrote:
    i guess you are from UK?

well i just dont like NME telling us that bands like
    artic idiots are better then pearl jam

I am not from the UK. Who cares what the NME says....people can decide for themselves.

It is a music newspaper...thats it.
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    I am not from the UK. Who cares what the NME says....people can decide for themselves.

It is a music newspaper...thats it.

ok, ok dont have a cow ;)

so you realy like artic idiots?

...weird

but i like barry white and al green and marvin gaye and vladimir putin
    so what do i know :)
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    i like both bands, but lean more towards the monkeys. i dont really have an explanation as to why. :)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • btb002btb002 Posts: 183
    Ali baba wrote:
    DELETE THREAD

But I like Pearl Jam and the Kaiser Chiefs. And so does Dave Grohl and he's fucking awesome!
    You are just a negative mindless pud.
  • fadafada Posts: 1,032
    I have both releases by each of the bands. I like the two of them. I think that the arctic monkeys are amazing( seeing them in Dublin on the 16th) and the kaiser chiefs have really catchy tunes
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,845
    The arctic monkeys are one of the best new bands to emerge
    I understand if your turned off by the media hype, but these guys are for real

the first record was the fastest selling debut in the UK for a reason-the entire record is really, really good

seen em four times, and two of the show were amongst the most energentic and entertaining concerts Ive ever been to.

Yes they are poppy, trendy, overhyped and the name is ridiculous. Thats usually enough for me to steer clear

But the songs are great, and they sound even better live.

your missing out if you dont give those tunes a good listen
    Get_Right wrote:
    The arctic monkeys are one of the best new bands to emerge
    I understand if your turned off by the media hype, but these guys are for real

the first record was the fastest selling debut in the UK for a reason-the entire record is really, really good

seen em four times, and two of the show were amongst the most energentic and entertaining concerts Ive ever been to.

Yes they are poppy, trendy, overhyped and the name is ridiculous. Thats usually enough for me to steer clear

But the songs are great, and they sound even better live.

your missing out if you dont give those tunes a good listen

I dont think they are great songs............they lack melody, are too wordy, and the vocals are shit (its basically just talking).
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

• Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,845
    I dont think they are great songs............they lack melody, are too wordy, and the vocals are shit (its basically just talking).
    true the songs lack melody, but thats not the type of music they play
    true nothing special about the vocals, barely singing

but, I like the wordy lyrics and the guitar work (even though its fairly simple)
    and the tunes are very energetic and catchy

I havent been to a full on pogo (you know ones where the energy is so good everyone is jumping up and down) show since probably 1996-and these guys bring it-great live band

Anyway, music is subjective-different strokes for different folks.
    I cant stand the arcade fire and cant see what the big deal is.
    The singers voice is so annoying.
  • I don't really have much time for either band but I'll acknowledge AM's have talent and the singer has a way with lyrics but they just don't excite me.

As for the Kaisers a mixture of bad Blur and bad Madness has anyone checked out the lyrics on their new album, simply shocking, I really don't understand the fuss, the first album was bearable but Angry Mob is just simply dire.

At least the Monkey's have the lyrics, which do impress me and if I had to choose it would be the AM's in a heartbeat. They actually have a chance at longevity and making a mark musically, whereas the KC's are a joke and will fade very quickly.

Next album the writing will be on the wall for these jokers, mark my words!