I saw Mudcrutch last night

JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
edited May 2008 in Other Music
Tom Petty's old band...incl. Bentmont Tench and Mike Campbell played the 4th of 6 nights at the Troubadour in L.A.

They sound very country rockish, and played some cool covers, as well as stuff from their new album.

Jeff Lynne (ELO), Susanna Hoffs (Bangles) and Mike Mills (REM) were in the crowd. I talked to Mills for a few minutes...he was very polite!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    Tom Petty's old band...incl. Bentmont Tench and Mike Campbell played the 4th of 6 nights at the Troubadour in L.A.

They sound very country rockish, and played some cool covers, as well as stuff from their new album.

Jeff Lynne (ELO), Susanna Hoffs (Bangles) and Mike Mills (REM) were in the crowd. I talked to Mills for a few minutes...he was very polite!

wasn't Petty doing a show or two with them? Maybe that was lost in your note, Petty was with them ... yes?

He'll be here for the Outside Lands festival in August, can't wait

Also ... please ... tell ... Susanna Hoffs ... still, SOOOO hot ... yes? :D
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    jimed14 wrote:
    wasn't Petty doing a show or two with them? Maybe that was lost in your note, Petty was with them ... yes?

He'll be here for the Outside Lands festival in August, can't wait

Also ... please ... tell ... Susanna Hoffs ... still, SOOOO hot ... yes? :D

yes, Petty is in the band.

and yes, Susanna is hot......same alluring look..............she is aging very slowly!
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    yes, Petty is in the band.

and yes, Susanna is hot......same alluring look..............she is aging very slowly!

That's awesome ... nice catch on seeing these guys ... right after coachella too, you've been busy.

And indeed, Hoffs made "the list" ... you know, those several girls you can openly oogle at and make comments about and not catch crap about from your girl? Yeah, she's on my list ...

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
    jimed14 wrote:
    That's awesome ... nice catch on seeing these guys ... right after coachella too, you've been busy.

And indeed, Hoffs made "the list" ... you know, those several girls you can openly oogle at and make comments about and not catch crap about from your girl? Yeah, she's on my list ...

Yep.....my ears need a bit of a break from music, as it's gonna be a busy summer of gigs.

I was mesmerized by her smile!
  • dharma69dharma69 Posts: 1,275
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

It's a pretty bold thing that they've sold out 6 straight nights at The Troubadour. Who does that?

Glad that you enjoyed the show and the smiles.
    "I'm here to see Pearl Jam."- Bono

...signed...the token black Pearl Jam fan.

FaceSpace
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    Yep.....my ears need a bit of a break from music, as it's gonna be a busy summer of gigs.

I was mesmerized by her smile!

break? ha ... never!

if you're up here for the outside lands festival ... shoot me a pm ...

dharma69 wrote:
    It's a pretty bold thing that they've sold out 6 straight nights at The Troubadour. Who does that?

Glad that you enjoyed the show and the smiles.

Since its a huge artist, selling out 6 nights was a snap.
    jimed14 wrote:
    break? ha ... never!

if you're up here for the outside lands festival ... shoot me a pm ...

The GF and I thought about it, we are gonna see Radiohead in Santa Barbara instead.

We are seeing REM in Berkeley......thats enough Nor Cal for the year!
  • augustwestaugustwest Posts: 739
    California is the place to be!!

Love the Mudcrutch cd :)
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    Dont mean to bring anybody down but I cannot get into that Mudcrutch cd at all. I am a huge Petty fan, own every record of his, and have seen him multiple times in concert but I feel like the Mudcrutch cd was a waste of money. I like a few songs on it but for the most part, it all seems pretty average to me and nothing on it really jumps out at me.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • i like matt.ci like matt.c Posts: 1,121
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

You saw Mudcrutch?!?!?!?! That's awesome. Have you seen Running Down A Dream? One of My favourite movies ever.
  • augustwestaugustwest Posts: 739
    Dont mean to bring anybody down but I cannot get into that Mudcrutch cd at all. I am a huge Petty fan, own every record of his, and have seen him multiple times in concert but I feel like the Mudcrutch cd was a waste of money. I like a few songs on it but for the most part, it all seems pretty average to me and nothing on it really jumps out at me.

A "huge Petty fan" who doesn't like the Mudcrutch cd?

IMO this cd is better than Highway Companion, which I thought was good.

Maybe it's because you are an Oasis fan...