Morrissey doing 10 nights in Hollywood-if PJ did that,would you go to all of them?

JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
edited August 2007 in Other Music
Mozz is doing a run of ten shows at the Hollywood Palladium (and similar runs in NY and SF).

They are selling a "season ticket" for all 10 of the hollywood shows, and I think it will cost $450 (you get 1 night free)....the season ticket will allow you to go to the front of the line.

Would people go to all 10 nights if PJ did this, assuming it was a GA venue?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Nope.

Don't have the cash for hotel/plane/ concert ticket
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,258
    yes .......
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,848
    if it was in NYC YES YES YES
  • PJ 10 night stand? Hell yes. Because knowing Pearl Jam, we'd get 10 different set lists. Probably one of the few bands that would do that. Look at the recent Pumpkins residencies. They basically played the same set at every show. What's even the point?
  • libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    Id like to go to one Hammerstein show(nyc)
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • nfanelnfanel Posts: 2,558
    considering i saw pj 6 times in 7 days in 4 cities in 2006, i'd say the answer is yes for one city!
  • Specially at if they played here in Los Angeles.
  • Brain of J.LoBrain of J.Lo Posts: 3,259
    There was a time when I would have said yes, absolutely.

But now, no...I don't think I would.

However, if I could afford it, I'd do it for Morrissey. :D
  • PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS Posts: 6,736
    oh hell yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

PEACE

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• kdpjamkdpjam Posts: 2,303
    intodeep wrote:
    Nope.

Don't have the cash for hotel/plane/ concert ticket

ditto, but if i was rich......of course
    lay down all thoughts; surrender to the void
    ~it is shining it is shining~
  • Oh, JimmyOh, Jimmy Posts: 957
    PJ 10 night stand? Hell yes. Because knowing Pearl Jam, we'd get 10 different set lists. Probably one of the few bands that would do that. Look at the recent Pumpkins residencies. They basically played the same set at every show. What's even the point?

If I had the cash for 2 sets I would definitely be in.
  • gvn2fly12gvn2fly12 Posts: 787
    hell Yeah, i'm there!! 10 nights of pearl jam i would go anywhere to see that
    Arms wide open with the sea as my floor.
  • Probably not.. Travel and cost permitting, I would go to a few of them.

I might be alone on this, but too many nights of PJ in a row looses something for me. The best example of this was the '06 Canadian tour... We wend to Kitchner, London & Hamilton on three consecutive nights. Kitchner was unfuckingbelievable as far as excitement... It was only a year since I've seen them, but the excitement and anticipation was amazing. The second show was great as well, but without the anticipation... By the time Hamilton rolled around, and even if it was probably the best setlist of the three, I actually found myself being tired and actually looking ahead to the next song and not enjoying the one they were playing the hell out of.

10 days is way too many... I would like to check out a few spread out and definitely the last one.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • for sure
    Oh dear dad
    Can you see me now
    I am myself
    Like you somehow
    I'll ride the wave
    Where it takes me
    I'll hold the pain
    Release me
  • mdigenakismdigenakis Posts: 1,337
    Never bought a Morrissey or Smiths album, but i've dl many of their songs. "November spawned a monster" is a current fave. Which album was that track on?
    "Don't let the darkness eat you up..."

-Greg Dulli

• mdigenakis wrote:
    Never bought a Morrissey or Smiths album, but i've dl many of their songs. "November spawned a monster" is a current fave. Which album was that track on?

BEETHOVEN WAS DEAF
    BONA DRAG
  • JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    Mozz is doing a run of ten shows at the Hollywood Palladium (and similar runs in NY and SF).

They are selling a "season ticket" for all 10 of the hollywood shows, and I think it will cost $450 (you get 1 night free)....the season ticket will allow you to go to the front of the line.

Would people go to all 10 nights if PJ did this, assuming it was a GA venue?

Nope I wouldn't go. That would be way to much PJ for me. Too much of a good thing is sometimes a bad thing. Even with PJ. :)
  • gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    Specially at if they played here in Los Angeles.

I don't think you'll every have to worry about seeing Morrissey if you live in LA. It seems like he plays there all of the time. From what I hear he's got a large fan base there. Plus, he lives there.