Bonnaroo 2007!

wickedmonkeyzwickedmonkeyz Posts: 489
edited December 2006 in Other Music
http://bonnaroo.com/2007/

2007 DATES & EARLY-BIRD TICKETS
We’re excited to announce that the sixth annual Bonnaroo Music & Arts Festival is confirmed to take place June 14 - 17, 2007. The four-day camping and music festival will once again be held on the same beautiful, 700-acre farm in Manchester, TN, 60 miles southeast of Nashville.

For the 2007 edition of Bonnaroo we are making available a limited quantity of discounted early-bird tickets before the line-up is announced. The early-bird pre-sale begins Wednesday, December 13, 2006 at 10:00 AM and ends as soon as the allotment is sold-out (Or until we come to our senses and cancel the promotion). Quantities of these specially priced tickets are extremely limited, so act fast!

We've made tickets available early for another reason too; we've received requests over the years to make tickets available as holiday gifts. If you want to give the gift of Bonnaroo 2007 this holiday season you can purchase the tickets in someone else's name and wrap up the receipt in a nice holiday bow.

Tickets will be available through http://www.bonnaroo.com or directly at bonnarootickets.musictoday.com.

Stay tuned to the website and mailing list for all info including lineup announcements, special activities and more. We are looking forward to another incredible festival and to seeing you all in Manchester
looking for 2 to Columbia...

***GOT EM***
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I'm there...anybody else going?
    "What happens when so many people agree on something? Can we take this beyond the parking lot when we leave tonight?" -EV, Iconoclasts
  • I think I'm definitely going, but I want to know who's headlining first!
    If I could, think I would give in.
  • I will be there for sure. Last years experience was truly one of the greatest of my life. Nothing can beat MMJ's performance though, nothing.
  • Tom KTom K Posts: 842
    i've never done it but I'm seriously considering going, probably depends on the acts though for me..
    I'm gone ..Long gone..This time I'm letting go of it all...So long...Cause this time I'm gone
  • I definitely recommend it, I want to go, dont know about this presale, it seems very early to committ, probably save yourself 50 to 75 bucks though.
  • I've never been before, but always wanted to go - they usually have a pretty tight lineup. I'm buying the early bird, I trust 'em. ;) Crossing my fingers for MMJ though!

Has anyone been? What's it like? How's the camping?
    "What happens when so many people agree on something? Can we take this beyond the parking lot when we leave tonight?" -EV, Iconoclasts
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    I think I'm definitely going, but I want to know who's headlining first!

yeah, id like to see at last a handful of bands that'll be there before i commit. but my gf and i have talked about it it for year every year and after we had such a fantastic time at lollapalooza last year, i think we're finally going to bite the bullet and do it this time.
  • The experience itself was amazing, but I had something to wait for, Radiohead. After the two days we had been there and waiting all day in the sun, being tired, drinking nothing but water and eating nothing but fucking granola bars... Radiohead comes on and all of that just melts away. You just get overwhelmed by the music... fuck. I mean, it was awesome to have all the other bands play and shit, but if you have something that you're really looking forward to, I think the experience will be a lot more pleasing than if you didn't.
  • I've had my chances to go in the past. Maybe I'll check it out in 2007. :D
  • I went this year, camped in a tent, its not bad(you set up in a grass field and its not too crowded) I set up about 3 minute walk from the entrance. The only negative I would say was showers were 10 bucks, when you could find them. Empty water bottles and sponge baths might be a better option.

The reason Im a bit reluctant is the Vagoose lineup in october was weak in my opinion, and that is the same production company, so I guess I dont want to buy the cat in the bag.
  • "take your money and your druuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugggssssssssss..."

I think I'm going this year.
    Are you too good to tango with the poor poor boys?
  • There was some overlap with the Lolla lineup last year as well - if I didn't like camping so much, I'd probably just stay here and go to Lolla again.

$10 showers.........!
  • I went to Lollapalooza too this year, here is my post-Bonnaroo report, you get a bit whats it like out of it hopefully...

post-Bonnaroo report: it was great, organization wise only thing that kind of sucked was $10 showers which I could not find, so I converted empty Coke bottles into personal shower(many people just jumped in the fountain). Food was great esp. Praters Barbacue by the back of the main stage, by the Napster tent, 4 dollar barbacue sandwiches damn good. Airport shuttle worked like a charm. Security was super cool(compared to Coachelle nazis), basically they let people chill, setting up camp was very easy- just pick any spot you like, wasnt too crowded, (compared to the cluster fuck hours-long check in at Coachella). The concert grounds were crowded, but it wasnt too bad, if you really wanted to you could get relatively close to the stage(I was to left and front of soundboard for Radiohead about 75 feet away from stage). However what really makes this festival the best is the music and the hours of operation, basically its a 24 hr party. oh, and if you are a taper you could set up your gear right by the soundboard(tapers welcome!).

Musical highlinghts day one was Oysterhead, (btw- anyone remember Stewart Copeland? what a drummer) Les Claypool came out in his pig head costume. Tom Petty I wasnt into at all, but many others seemed to like it so who am I to say he sucked? My Morning Jacket after midnight for a bit (45 min) then I caught Disco Biscuits and Umphrey's McGee highlights were their combined jams on Pink FLoyd they did Eclipse, and Another Brick in the Wall, also Disco Biscuits doing a 40 minute jam on Pinball Wizard, this until 4 AM!

Next day I caught USA-Italy in the movie tent(intense 1-1), then Beck which was a great show(the puppets on the giant screens it was brilliant) then of course Radiohead which was magical(when the lightsticks went flying up in the air it was awe inspiring, you could even see the people up at the stage clapping at the audience admiring the show, at the end Thom Yorke even got into it and was throwing the sticks back. Musically what an amazing show, sound was also perfect(as it was the whole weekend, the sound engineers really know how to make it sound good without killing your ears. Superjam was so-so(Benevento-Russo Duo w/ Anastasio and Gordon), I split from there(it was too crowded plus the jams were blah) but caught Balkan Beat Box and Dresden Dolls late into the night(Dresden Dolls esp., what a show!, amazing good cover of War Pigs, just a great 2 piece band.)

Sunday was relaxing day caught Brazil vs Australia in the tent, Be Your Own Pet, which was ok but too short, some country music, some Bela Fleck, moe, dead boy and elephantman, and finally Phil Lesh which to me was surprisingly good, great jams and great crowd, much better than Tom Petty for ex.

To sum it up if youre into music you owe it to yourself to make it to Bonnaroo.
  • clayton12 wrote:
    I will be there for sure. Last years experience was truly one of the greatest of my life. Nothing can beat MMJ's performance though, nothing.

the mmj boot is up on archive.org... i'll never forget, after seeing them night after night with pj that summer, the intro to "when you wish upon a star" and seeing them finally hit the stage, classic show well into the wee hours of the night... and the quality of the boot is amazing (i'm pretty sure it's the same source that i got right after roo)

***GOT EM***
  • What's the crowd like there? I felt very "age appropriate" this year at Lolla, am I going to feel like an old lady at Bonnaroo? ;)
  • What's the crowd like there? I felt very "age appropriate" this year at Lolla, am I going to feel like an old lady at Bonnaroo? ;)

feel like an old lady at bonnaroo???... nah, people of all ages will be there. I would say that the majority of people are in their mid-20's, although that is by no means the norm.

***GOT EM***
  • There was some overlap with the Lolla lineup last year as well - if I didn't like camping so much, I'd probably just stay here and go to Lolla again.

$10 showers.........!

Are you fucking serious!??? That's insane. I would start more fires like at the last Woodstock.

Last year at Werchter I paid 1 Euro for a shower everynight.
    The less you know, the more you believe.
  • GeorgeinNY wrote:
    then of course Radiohead which was magical(when the lightsticks went flying up in the air it was awe inspiring, you could even see the people up at the stage clapping at the audience admiring the show, at the end Thom Yorke even got into it and was throwing the sticks back.

ha ha

you know you have been accepted at bonnaroo when the lightsticks start buzzing through the night air like fireflies... what a memory

***GOT EM***
  • I didn't take a shower for 5 days. I got home at like 3 in the morn and took a shower... it was the most refreshing thing ever... I even saw layers of dirt just wash off which made me chuckle.
  • you will not feel old at Bonnaroo, a lot of people in their 70s even! anyway who cares, if you love the music the age dont matter.

Also as far as the water/shower issue, there are plenty of water faucets there, so if you dont mind washing off in lukewarm/cold water its not a problem, like I mentioned, save your empty water bottles and use them for personal shower. Also the camping ground is on lush thick grass, so no reason to get muddy, I wasnt at least.
  • Have you been to the Gorge? If so...was the camping kind of like that?

Thanks all for responding re my silly age question, I was wondering if the crowd skewed super young, it would be like trying to camp in the middle of a frat party or something.

Don't worry though...wherever the good music is, I'll be there :)
  • yep, camping at bonnaroo is very similar to the gorge... just lots more people, i don't remember how big the camp site was at the gorge, but to give you an idea there were about 80,000 people at roo, most of whom camped on site

the basic layout is just the same, you pull in and find a spot for your car and take the space in front for your tent... here is an aerial photo from the final day last year http://www.bonnaroo.com/BonnarooGallery06/images/Sunday,%20June%2018th/Aerial%20Photos/jm_aerial14_6-18-06_jm.jpg

and don't worry about it being a frat party scene, that will never happen, you will meet some of the greatest people at roo, very similar to the types of people at pj show

***GOT EM***
  • Thanks for the pictures...looks a lot like the Gorge, maybe even less crowded?

So who got the early bird tix?? Looks like they're sold out...
  • Possibly the two worst things come together...new music and jam bands. I would have to have a pound of weed and unlimited supply of beer to enjoy most the bands that are there...

I went to Lalla which had alot of the same bands last year and it sucked overall...Chili Peppers made it semi-worth it wouldn't go to a new music festival ever again...Go to a Classic Rock festival and hear some good music.
    08-19-08 (Riverside Theater) Vedder(Solo) Milwaukee, WI
    07-02-11 (Orpheum Theatre) Vedder(Solo) Minneapolis, MN
    I didn't take a shower for 5 days. I got home at like 3 in the morn and took a shower... it was the most refreshing thing ever... I even saw layers of dirt just wash off which made me chuckle.

yeah, im wondering why youd bother to shower at bonnaroo?
    rizzdaddy wrote:
    Possibly the two worst things come together...new music and jam bands. I would have to have a pound of weed and unlimited supply of beer to enjoy most the bands that are there...

I went to Lalla which had alot of the same bands last year and it sucked overall...Chili Peppers made it semi-worth it wouldn't go to a new music festival ever again...Go to a Classic Rock festival and hear some good music.

yu're nuts. lollapalooza was aweomse and the rhcp were the suckiest act i saw all weekend.
  • yu're nuts. lollapalooza was aweomse and the rhcp were the suckiest act i saw all weekend.
    Word to that, my brother. I have to agree, RHCP were a HUGE disappointment.
  • RHCP pretty much sucked at Lolla I agree with that, but they got better as the tour went along, they were damn good by the time I saw them at Virgin Festival in Baltimore, and the show at Meadowlands in October was probably one of my fav concerts this year.

just to clarify about camping, I flew in to Nashville and took their shuttle bus to site, they set aside tent camping only area that was right next to the festival grounds. If youre in a car thats a whole different deal I imagine