seein rogue wave tonight....

1STmammal2wearPants1STmammal2wearPants Posts: 2,938
edited April 2008 in Other Music
at the Paradise in Boston. Should be a good show.....one of the best indie acts out there today imo. 12 bucks too, can't beat that. They'll also be on Letterman on Tuesday night fyi. Also looking forward to seeing them at Bonnaroo this year.
2003 Mansfield III 
2004 Boston I 
2006 Boston I 
2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
2010 Hartford 
2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
2016 Bonnaroo, Fenway I, Fenway II 
2018 Fenway I, Fenway II 
2021 Sea.Hear.Now
2022 Camden
2024 MSG I, Fenway I, Fenway II
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mulva9mulva9 Posts: 417
    Wish I could go tonight. Seen them a few times and they were great. I was at the Paradise last night for Nada Surf, which was awesome as usual. I love that venue.
  • Love Rogue Wave..I've been desperately trying to get tickets to them next Friday and Saturday at Shubas in Chicago (it's down the block from where I live and holds like 100 people)
    Bob Loblaw's Law Blog: "Why should YOU go to jail for a crime someone else noticed?"
  • mulva9 wrote:
    Wish I could go tonight. Seen them a few times and they were great. I was at the Paradise last night for Nada Surf, which was awesome as usual. I love that venue.

Yes, the venue is simply AWESOME. I highly recommend this to someone who likes certain acts but aren't totally sold on traveling there from far away. It is by and far the most intimate venue I have ever been to, that hosts major indie acts and the occasional big name. Amy Winehouse even played there last year.

Rogue Wave absolutely rocked last night, and the opening act, Grand Ole Party, was a pleasant surprise -- a lot of power came from that woman's vocal chords, and she was also the drummer!!! Don't see that too often. Awesome show all around. Go see em live, folks.
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2018 Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
  • allornoneallornone Posts: 269
    I'm going to see them next week in St. Louis. Thanks for telling me about Grand Ole Party. I was planning on getting there late, but now I'll make sure I'm on time.
  • allornone wrote:
    I'm going to see them next week in St. Louis. Thanks for telling me about Grand Ole Party. I was planning on getting there late, but now I'll make sure I'm on time.

Yes, the bass lines, tasty riffs, and everything about them is quite groovy and rocky. a bit more uptempo than rogue wave. definitely worth checking out.
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2018 Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden