Presidents of the United States of America

1STmammal2wearPants1STmammal2wearPants Posts: 2,938
edited March 2008 in Other Music
Anyone seen em? They're playin for 16 bucks at the Paradise in Boston, and I'm really thinkin about goin. How they sound live?
2003 Mansfield III 
2004 Boston I 
2006 Boston I 
2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
2010 Hartford 
2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
2016 Bonnaroo, Fenway I, Fenway II 
2018 Fenway I, Fenway II 
2021 Sea.Hear.Now
2022 Camden
2024 MSG I, Fenway I, Fenway II
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    Didnt even know they were still around, havent heard anything since their couple of hits in the mid 90s
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • It's 16 bucks, why not?
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    It's 16 bucks, why not?

There are plenty of bands not worth paying 16 bucks for, that money could be spent on a cd, movie, or something.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • ive heard good things about their shows in the 90's but nothing lately. i love that one album, every song. i like how they sing about animals a lot!
    GO!
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • GO!!!! they're a great live band...very very fun
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • memememe Posts: 4,695
    GO!!!! they're a great live band...very very fun

I'm seriously considering going to this tomorrow. Any more input? I really enjoy their lates album.
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • kent_fkent_f Posts: 28
    I'm seeing them in May in a festival setting. I'm not super excited but whatever, it's just another band to add to the "seen 'em" list.
  • anothercloneanotherclone Posts: 1,688
    My husband and I are huge Presidents fans. Every time we've seen them, which I think is maybe 3-4 times, the crowd is a lot of fun. Their music sounds about the same live as it does in a recording.

If you like them, even a little bit, you ought to go. You will have a blast!
  • gleemonexgleemonex Posts: 848
    I saw a webcast of the first show of their tour a week or two ago. It was great. High energy show, lots of old hits and the new songs sounded really good.
    “Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It’s hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It’s round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you’ve got about a hundred years here. There’s only one rule that I know of, babies — ‘God damn it, you’ve got to be kind.’” - Kurt Vonnegut
  • restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    can you post a tour schedule?

i love that song,

i cant your body out of my head

the three verses are about different little creatures...hehe,
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • memememe Posts: 4,695
    Well, nevermind, it's sold out.
    I moved to this city 7 months ago and it still blows my mind how you can have 4 great shows a night and they still manage to sell out :(
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.