the flaming lips- the fearless freaks dvd!!!!!!

1STmammal2wearPants1STmammal2wearPants Posts: 2,938
edited January 2007 in Other Music
i've decided to dedicate my 3,000th post to one of my favorite bands, the flaming lips. anyone who is a fan should go buy their dvd, 'the fearless freaks' which is a complete biography on the band with footage from all of the lips, and cool tours through wayne coyne's hometown of oklahoma city. it's pretty rare to see a rock star who lives in a normal, sometimes even run-down neighborhood, and who lives life like any one of us.

great film!
2003 Mansfield III 
2004 Boston I 
2006 Boston I 
2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
2010 Hartford 
2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
2016 Bonnaroo, Fenway I, Fenway II 
2018 Fenway I, Fenway II 
2021 Sea.Hear.Now
2022 Camden
2024 MSG I, Fenway I, Fenway II
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• kdpjamkdpjam Posts: 2,303
    hey! i used to have that dvd! someone sort of took it. it is a great, real story at any rate.
    lay down all thoughts; surrender to the void
    ~it is shining it is shining~
  • merkinballmerkinball Posts: 2,262
    Excellent Film. Love the sequence where Wayne is walking around his neighborhood talking to the kids (who have no idea who he is), and when he recreates the robbery at the Long John Silvers.

On a similar note, I just started re-reading Staring At The Sound, which is Jim DeRogatis's book about the Lips, and an great read.
    "You're no help," he told the lime. This was unfair. It was only a lime; there was nothing special about it at all. It was doing the best it could.

http://www.last.fm/user/merkinball/
    spotify:user:merkinball
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    i got this dvd for my birthday... i cant wait to watch it :)