Dropkick Murphys weekend!!

1STmammal2wearPants1STmammal2wearPants Posts: 2,938
edited March 2008 in Other Music
I will be at the Dorchester show Friday night. Anyone else goin to any of the shows in Boston, Lowell, or Dorchester?

Can't think of a better way to celebrate St. Patty's day and the weekend than with the DKM!!!!!!
2003 Mansfield III 
2004 Boston I 
2006 Boston I 
2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
2010 Hartford 
2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
2016 Bonnaroo, Fenway I, Fenway II 
2018 Fenway I, Fenway II 
2021 Sea.Hear.Now
2022 Camden
2024 MSG I, Fenway I, Fenway II
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• BrezBrez Posts: 570
    I will be at the Dorchester show Friday night. Anyone else goin to any of the shows in Boston, Lowell, or Dorchester?

Can't think of a better way to celebrate St. Patty's day and the weekend than with the DKM!!!!!!

Ahhhh man I love doing that! I did it for 2004-2007, but their albums have started to wane (for me personally, not knocking you for liking them). I don't know if I'll be able to make it to any shows this time around though... oh well, there's always 2009!
    And before his first step... He's off again...
  • Lost_ClayLost_Clay Posts: 1,085
    man wish i could make it, guess ill just watch the dvd, glad i caught em in moncton back in '06

btw, venue change for lowell/15th, more tickets available got this in an email

"As announced on the weekend we now have more tickets available for the Saturday night show at Tsongas Arena March 15th. The show that was previously at Lowell Memorial Auditorium has been moved to Tsongas Arena http://www.paultsongasarena.com/

Tickets can be purchased online now;

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/01004069D3096864?artistid=798903&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=60

If you have tickets for Lowell Memorial Auditorium these same tickets will be honored at Tsongas Arena you do not need to change your tickets or contact Ticketmaster. The tickets you already have will be valid at the new venue.

We also wanted to let everyone know that there will be an extra late train running from Lowell to North Station in Boston after the show."
    "ah fuck it get in trouble"

06/29/03 09/22/05 09/24/05 09/25/05 05/09/06 05/10/06
  • AmentsChickAmentsChick Posts: 6,969
    Great stuff! My friends got me into them!
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper

• Seriously folks, if you ever get a chance to see them, GO DO IT! Saw them last night in Dorchester (boston) in what was basically just a small union hall (which was great as the tickets were only available on their site, free of ticketmaster charges and scalpers as the tix were will call) and they fucking rocked. two hours of just pure, non-stop energy -- they really don't relent. The band is really cool too as they let fans for the last few songs basically just get up on stage and sing along. One of the two lead singers stuck around after the show and just shook hands and talked with people, i got to meet him -- cool band who really does seem like they can relate to the common man, they don't just sing about it, they do it every night on stage. Was also cool to have the IEBW fife and drum band (IEBW the local union hall in Dorchester) introduce them with a tune, and to see several local members of the police department on stage watching the show and enjoying it as well.

GO SEE THEM!!!!!!!!!!!
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2018 Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 MSG I, Fenway I, Fenway II
  • pjfan85pjfan85 Posts: 124
    I love the Dropkick Murphys. I've never seen them live. They went on a tour of Canada and stopped at Halifax, ignoring St. John's, which doesn't make much sense considering they're an Irish band. Hopefully I'll see them sometime.
  • sk8nshoot1sk8nshoot1 Posts: 722
    Saw them in Lowell, the afternoon show...

It was really cool, my first time seeing them... Man, what a lot of energy...

Loved when they brought Micky Ward out for The Warriors Code... That guy's a tough son of a bitch... And the Papellbon (sp?) video intro for Shipping up to Boston was a pretty neat thing...

I was on the floor and only saw one casaulty, an apparent broken nose, lots of blood...
    1996: Randall's Island I, Hartford
    1998: MSG I, Hartford
    2000: Jones Beach I
    2003: Albany, MSG II, Mansfield II & III, Homdel
    2004: Boston (VFC) I & II
    2006: Albany, Hartford, Boston I and E. Rutherford I
    2008: MSG I & II, Hartford, Mansfield II (saw BostonLou in the FRONT ROW!!) EV-NYC II
    2010: Hartford
    2013 Worcester II, Hartford
    2016 Fenway I
    2018 Wrigley II, Fenway II