working class hero - as covered by green day

1STmammal2wearPants1STmammal2wearPants Posts: 2,938
edited May 2007 in Other Music
Surprisingly very good. Available on iTunes to download for 99 cents, plus it's goin to a good cause for Darfur efforts.
2003 Mansfield III 
2004 Boston I 
2006 Boston I 
2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
2010 Hartford 
2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
2016 Bonnaroo, Fenway I, Fenway II 
2018 Fenway I, Fenway II 
2021 Sea.Hear.Now
2022 Camden
2024 MSG I, Fenway I, Fenway II
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• happyhourherohappyhourhero Posts: 204
    yea, i think they did a pretty good job. i thought the end was pretty cool w/john. but its not as good as the screaming tree's version...
  • i am not mocking the cause which is a good one but when did green day become the self proclaimed voice of our generation, that last psuedo political concept album, and that tour where billy joe put his instruments down for half the set to dance like a tard were bad but not this is fuckin bad. Green day is a joke (again not mocking the cause), I'm just sick of them thinking that they are profound. They aren't in the same league as john lennon. Shit they aren't even in the same sport. Being unoriginal and covering a great song like "Working Class Hero" hero lacks meaning and tarnishes the image of this great masterpiece especially when its done by green day.

ps Screaming trees version is pretty cool though
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    ever hear the Marilyn Manson version? decent, but Manson...
  • i am not mocking the cause which is a good one but when did green day become the self proclaimed voice of our generation, that last psuedo political concept album, and that tour where billy joe put his instruments down for half the set to dance like a tard were bad but not this is fuckin bad. Green day is a joke (again not mocking the cause), I'm just sick of them thinking that they are profound. They aren't in the same league as john lennon. Shit they aren't even in the same sport. Being unoriginal and covering a great song like "Working Class Hero" hero lacks meaning and tarnishes the image of this great masterpiece especially when its done by green day.

ps Screaming trees version is pretty cool though

Well who exactly are the Screaming Trees to cover the song based on your argument, right? Maybe they lack meaning just as much as Green Day does in covering it. It's all a matter of your opinion. I like Green Day. I didn't like their last album as it was overplayed and didn't hold up with their earlier stuff, but they actually happen to do a great job with the cover. You should listen to it. This isn't about them being profound, and last time I checked, Green Day wasn't the voice of our generation.
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2018 Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 MSG I, Fenway I, Fenway II
  • righteousbaberighteousbabe Posts: 662
    ever hear the Marilyn Manson version? decent, but Manson...

Great version. But I like Manson.