Modest Mouse current tour

1STmammal2wearPants1STmammal2wearPants Posts: 2,938
edited April 2007 in Other Music
Anyone seen them this year? I just saw them April 26th in Rochester, NY, and I was very impressed. I am new to their music, and really didn't like them outside of Float On until I listened to their music a million times and it finally sunk in. Now I am hooked. I especially liked 'Tiny Cities Made of Ashes' done live. Off the new album, 'Education' and 'Dashboard' were also great live.

In regards to studio, I'd say their best works are The Moon and Antarctica, and Good News for People Who Love Bad News (unsure why it gets a bad rap).
2003 Mansfield III 
2004 Boston I 
2006 Boston I 
2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
2010 Hartford 
2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
2016 Bonnaroo, Fenway I, Fenway II 
2018 Fenway I, Fenway II 
2021 Sea.Hear.Now
2022 Camden
2024 MSG I, Fenway I, Fenway II
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    i sold my tickets to their chicago show... i heard it was ok, but not mind-blowing. i look forward to seeing them at lolla though.
  • i saw them tonight in NY... good show.

Does anyone know who the opening band was that immediately preceded Modest Mouse? There were like 6 or 7 dudes in the band and they were going nuts.
    "The sun is shining, but not for me."
  • i saw them tonight in NY... good show.

Does anyone know who the opening band was that immediately preceded Modest Mouse? There were like 6 or 7 dudes in the band and they were going nuts.

haha, i came here this morning to ask the same question, those dudes were awesome.

great show last night, Modest Mouse are awesome musically, but they certainly arent entertainers onstage. That venue was too cool.
    -one thing to remember, always have a good time, all the time
  • IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,679
    Saw them in Boston - good solid show - nothing mind blowing - sound problems through out as well.....

SHOW COUNT: (157) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=97, US=116, CAN=15, Europe=20 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:   Ohana x2  Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Yeah who played right before Modest Mouse? I really liked those guys... Very crazy and intense, and it was funny how close all 7(? i think) played to eachother. Using fire extinguishers and everything very cool... Anyone know the name of this band?
    Drunk by noon but that's ok
    I'll be president someday

I have been to, and have the following posters framed:
    Hartford 96,
    Boston 98, 2000, 2003, 2004, 2006
  • Well that was quick, they were called Man Man.

Yeah who played right before Modest Mouse? I really liked those guys... Very crazy and intense, and it was funny how close all 7(? i think) played to eachother. Using fire extinguishers and everything very cool... Anyone know the name of this band?

Hartford 96,
  • Yeah who played right before Modest Mouse? I really liked those guys... Very crazy and intense, and it was funny how close all 7(? i think) played to eachother. Using fire extinguishers and everything very cool... Anyone know the name of this band?

Yeah, I thoroughly enjoyed Man Man. Weirdest band I have seen, but still very accessible somehow.
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2018 Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 MSG I, Fenway I, Fenway II
  • Me too, I just listened to more of their stuff. I just bought their newest album.. I enjoyed it a real lot. I was surprised. Real good stuff....

Yeah, I thoroughly enjoyed Man Man. Weirdest band I have seen, but still very accessible somehow.

Hartford 96,