I am on a Radiohead kick as of late.

1STmammal2wearPants1STmammal2wearPants Posts: 2,938
edited December 2007 in Other Music
Can't stop listening to their live stuff, and In Rainbows. Hopefully U.S. dates will be announced soon.
2003 Mansfield III 
2004 Boston I 
2006 Boston I 
2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
2010 Hartford 
2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
2016 Bonnaroo, Fenway I, Fenway II 
2018 Fenway I, Fenway II 
2021 Sea.Hear.Now
2022 Camden
2024 MSG I, Fenway I, Fenway II
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Me too. I've been listening to 15 Step on repeat for days. Don't know why, I usually like heavy stuff over mellow tracks.
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    I'm not really a fan of their stuff. Do they have anything really hard?
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Not really. Try Bodysnatchers or Electioneering though.
  • danny72688 wrote:
    Not really. Try Bodysnatchers or Electioneering though.

Bodysnatchers fuckin rocks!!!
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2018 Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 MSG I, Fenway I, Fenway II
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    danny72688 wrote:
    Not really. Try Bodysnatchers or Electioneering though.
    Thanks
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • I am a fan of that tune :)

Just (The Bends) is another one you should try LF.
    Bodysnatchers (In Rainbows)
    Electioneering (OK Computer)
  • I haven't liked a Radiohead CD since OK Computer, and yes I've listened to them all. I haven't heard In Rainbows yet, is it worth checking out?
    “Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It’s hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It’s round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you’ve got about a hundred years here. There’s only one rule that I know of, babies — ‘God damn it, you’ve got to be kind.’” - Kurt Vonnegut
  • gleemonex wrote:
    I haven't liked a Radiohead CD since OK Computer, and yes I've listened to them all. I haven't heard In Rainbows yet, is it worth checking out?
    Is free admission worth it to you? Takes a couple minutes to download. It's worth a shot. I like The Bends and OK Computer, and Kid A when I'm in the mood. To me, In Rainbows is the perfect balance between those three (mind you I haven't heard all of Pablo Honey, Amnesiac, or Hail to the Theif).

I recommend it!
  • ya radiohead is my favourite band and i would recommend In Rainbows to any casual fan. It is a very warm record and has some really killer tracks that are amazing live. Body Snatchers is an awsome track and is probably my 4th or 5th favourite off of In Rainbows. Check out Jigsaw falling into Place may not be too heavy, but damn what a good song.
    If you are looking for some heavy tracks, check out 2+2=5 (starts out slow, but picks up halfway through and is a great track off Hail to the Theif. Another off that album is Myxomatosis which is one of the heavier songs, and also try There There, not too heavy, but a great tune.
    How Do You is a pretty heavy song off of Pablo Honey, not their greatest work, but still a good song, Ripcord is a fairly heavy guitar driven song aswell.
    As stated earlier, Just is probably the heaviest song off of The Bends, but this is a cd that everyone should own (or have downloaded), Radiohead's best cd (and i would rank 3 of their cds as 10/10).
    Paranoid Android is a pretty heavy track aswell and is one of my favourite songs ever. Electioneering is another heavy song off of Ok Computer that is incredible and just has a great vibe to it.
    You don't really get too heavy of songs off of Kid A or Amnesiac (both recorded in the same session), but you may want to check out National Anthem, Optoimistic, Ideoteque, all great tracks off of Kid A.
    "I'll ride the wave where it takes me"
    09/19/05, 05/09/06, 05/10/06
  • danny72688 wrote:
    Is free admission worth it to you? Takes a couple minutes to download. It's worth a shot. I like The Bends and OK Computer, and Kid A when I'm in the mood. To me, In Rainbows is the perfect balance between those three (mind you I haven't heard all of Pablo Honey, Amnesiac, or Hail to the Theif).

I recommend it!
    The download will be unavailable after Monday 10th December.

Anyone who wants this better move fast! ;)
    uʍop ǝpısdn ǝɹ,ǝʍ 'punoɹ ʎɐʍ ɹǝɥʇo ǝɥʇ ןןɐ s,ʇı
  • The download will be unavailable after Monday 10th December.
    Well slap my ass and call me Charlie! Didn't know that. Hurry kids.
  • In Rainbows is a beautiful record...melodic and Thom's vocals are stunning...

Reckoner and Videotape easily match Exit Music and Fake Plastic Trees for sheer jaw dropping beauty....

After the slight let down of Hail To The Thief my faith is restored...
    'The more I studied religions the more I am convinced that man never worshipped anything but himself.' - Sir Richard Francis Burton
  • DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,757
    Awesome band, and In Rainbows is amazing. Jigsaw has got to me by favorite, but lately I can't stop listening to Reckoner either. Thom's falsetto in that one is just haunting.
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • DeLukin wrote:
    Awesome band, and In Rainbows is amazing. Jigsaw has got to me by favorite, but lately I can't stop listening to Reckoner either. Thom's falsetto in that one is just haunting.

Agree with all of that :D

Reckoner is just stunning. Love the percussion on it and the opening guitar line and Thom's vocal is just beautiful.
    'The more I studied religions the more I am convinced that man never worshipped anything but himself.' - Sir Richard Francis Burton
  • DeLukin wrote:
    Jigsaw is the best, hell yes! Can't wait for the CD and 7" singles in January. :D
  • Get "Towering Above the Rest". 10 disc collection of Radiohead rarities, live performances, etc.

http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=33829106
    Bob Loblaw's Law Blog: "Why should YOU go to jail for a crime someone else noticed?"
  • LukinFan wrote:
    I'm not really a fan of their stuff. Do they have anything really hard?

Bangers & Mash

very nice....hard without trying to be hard.
  • Awesome band I witnessed live 5 times already. They're new record is absolutely marvelous too! Looking forward to seeing them at least twice next summer (Bercy, Paris & Rock Werchter)
  • JordyWordyJordyWordy Posts: 2,261
    love them, and recently have started to love their electronicy-dancy stuff (Morning Bell, Idiotheque, The Gloaming, etc). thought it was listenable before but then i drove all night one night belting that stuff outta my radio and its been stuck in my head ever since
  • glasshouseglasshouse Posts: 1,762
    Can't stop listening to their live stuff, and In Rainbows.

in rainbows failed to amuse me. decent. stop.

edit: bodysnatchers is without a doubt the most overrated song of the year.
    Athens, Greece: 2006/09/30

"Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world." Herman Melville : Moby Dick
  • djerdap wrote:
    Hell no.

Any song that features a lyric like "Your mouth only moves when someone's hand is up your ass" deserves some credit.

Oh, for the heavy Radiohead, I definitely recommend Just, My Iron Lung and Electioneering, but something as well that is not so obvious - B-sides like Polyethylene and Palo Alto, two songs from the OK Computer era that rock (and don't worry that they are B-Sides - Radiohead has the best ones on the planet).
    Pearly is along similar lines too, I love the Airbag EP.

Also stuff like There, There and Myxomatosis are quite heavy.
  • VEDHEAD27VEDHEAD27 Posts: 3,091
    Hell yes! Right there with you 1STmammal2wearPants! :D I am a rabid fiend for In Rainbows!! What a masterpiece. They've done it again!! This thing just continues to blow my face off. Worth the wait and then some. I am just flooooooored over here. I mean we expected to be knocked out but my god!! Um and I cannot even begin to praise Thom enough. That's an entire thread of it's own!

Moving on....
    ;)
    I notice frequent use of the words "stunning" and "amazing" in this thread and all I gotta say to that is AMEN! :o I am stunned and amazed by every single song on here and have been especially obsessing over House of Cards, All I Need, Nude and Jigsaw. Fuuuuck. There's no way I can listen just once. Serious repeat mode. Serious.

Thank you god for Radiohead!!!!

A tour cannot happen soon enough!! *foams at mouth*
    ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤

"Lo√e, you know the word
    ...YOU invented it!" ~ E√

¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤
    ...::STONE--YOU--OWN!::...
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••