Reckoner by Radiohead

1STmammal2wearPants1STmammal2wearPants Posts: 2,938
edited December 2007 in Other Music
Quite possibly one of the most beautiful songs they've ever done. Thom sounds pretty fucking amazing on this song, and the cymbal work by Phil is top-notch.
2003 Mansfield III 
2004 Boston I 
2006 Boston I 
2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
2010 Hartford 
2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
2016 Bonnaroo, Fenway I, Fenway II 
2018 Fenway I, Fenway II 
2021 Sea.Hear.Now
2022 Camden
2024 MSG I, Fenway I, Fenway II
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Quite possibly one of the most beautiful songs they've ever done. Thom sounds pretty fucking amazing on this song, and the cymbal work by Phil is top-notch.

It is stunning.

In Rainbows is my second favourite Radiohead just behind OK Computer.
    'The more I studied religions the more I am convinced that man never worshipped anything but himself.' - Sir Richard Francis Burton
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    Yep, good song. In Rainbows as a whole really isn't stellar though, imo. Songs like Nude and All I Need are superb, and songs like Reckoner and House of Cards are pretty good too, but the rest is pretty forgettable for me.
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    i heard that on shuffle the other day. it is excellent. in rainbows is the album they've been trying to make since ok computer.
  • LedZepFanLedZepFan Posts: 1,009
    this and house of cards are the best parts of In Rainbows..unbelievable songs
    I've faced it, a life wasted, and I'm never going back again.

Some die just to live.
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    Excellent song but it's no All I Need.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • DOSW wrote:
    Yep, good song. In Rainbows as a whole really isn't stellar though, imo. Songs like Nude and All I Need are superb, and songs like Reckoner and House of Cards are pretty good too, but the rest is pretty forgettable for me.

Oh HELL no! 15 step, Bodysnatchers, Jigsaw Falling Into Place............ Their best since OK Computer.
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2018 Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 MSG I, Fenway I, Fenway II
  • JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    yes, awesome song.
    The more I listen to in rainbows, the more I like it. And reckoner is, IMO, one of the best tracks of the album (with nude, all I need and jigsaw falling into place)
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm