new linkin park

1STmammal2wearPants1STmammal2wearPants Posts: 2,938
edited May 2007 in Other Music
I admire the fact that they're trying to change up their sound, by going all "classic rock" on us.

that being said, i've heard their new single and it's as craptacular as the rest of their music. thoughts?
2003 Mansfield III 
2004 Boston I 
2006 Boston I 
2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
2010 Hartford 
2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
2016 Bonnaroo, Fenway I, Fenway II 
2018 Fenway I, Fenway II 
2021 Sea.Hear.Now
2022 Camden
2024 MSG I, Fenway I, Fenway II
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    linkin was the one band of that whole rap-metal explosion that i could stand... mostly becos when that one douchebag WASNT trying to pretend he could rap, that other dude could do some serious wailing on vocals. my gf loves them and their new single. and i have to say, if they're going "classic rock" then i might get into this. what's the single called?
  • Where can I find this?
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    I just listened 30 second of the song on iTunes: Its not really that good... I think I have heard too much the voice of the singer. Anyway, this song doesn't seem to be amazing. Nothing really new.
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
  • facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    Only heard the new song once, but I kind of like it. Never really been a fan in the past, but this new one aint too bad. His voice sounds a lot cleaner and less whiney than it has on other songs.
  • BinauralBinaural Posts: 1,046
    Has anyone seen the video?
    I was suprised to find out Maynard James Keenan replaced Chester ;):p
    ~*~*~*~*PROUD EVENFLOW PSYCHO #0026~*~*~*~*

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^RED MOSQUITO #2^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Dublin 08/06
    Katowice 06/07 London 06/07 Dusseldorf 06/07 Nijgemen 06/07
    Where can I find this?

here's a download link: http://download.yousendit.com/DBE21AB062D00E6A
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    how boring

its still as lame as ever

cant believe im gonna see them support pearl jam in Austria
  • I BrisK I wrote:
    how boring

speaking of lame......nice post.
    Cheat the odds that made you
    Brave to try to gamble at times
  • yeah they're still terrible
    Oh dear dad
    Can you see me now
    I am myself
    Like you somehow
    I'll ride the wave
    Where it takes me
    I'll hold the pain
    Release me
  • corycory Posts: 736
    I hate to be disgusting but I was having trouble with my colon recently. Everytime I used the bathroom, it was like I was trying to push a ninja star through my asshole. I went to the doctor and they performed an x-ray. Interestingly enough, they discovered that the new Linkin Park cd was growing in the place where my body makes dookie.

Long story short.....Linkin Park = Shite
    Revive the heart of the heartless...

Why would you start was has no end?
  • azwyldcatsazwyldcats Posts: 703
    Dreadful...
    And I'm not living this life without you, I'm selfish and clear
    And you're not leaving here without me, I don't wanna be without
    My best... friend. Wake up, to see you could have it all
    icarus wrote:
    umm, how does this sound any different? it sounds like the same old shit.

Um for a start it isn't rap rock!!

It's more straight up alt-rock now, and his vocals do sound a lot cleaner. The song is nothing special, but it's better than most the emo shit that's clogging up the scene at the moment.
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    Hybrid Theory was actually (compared to most of the nu-metal shite that was around 5 or 6 years ago) a pretty good record. the songs that weren't played to death as singles are still listenable for me. can't get around the fact thought that chester bennington just seems like he lifted his style entirely from Layne Staley but has no where near the talent.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Indian SummerIndian Summer Posts: 2,296
    I've always liked Linkin Park. I could do without the rap guy, which is one reason I really like the new single. Chester's got a great voice, and they put on pretty high energy shows. The intro of the new single reminds me of the Halloween theme a bit.
    "It's all happening"
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    I like Linkin Park.. Can't wait to hear the new album!
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    Hey, thanks for that!.. not bad. A little generic, but I suppose its just because its the first single to draw fans of their music in.
  • abhi101cruabhi101cru Posts: 223
    I BrisK I wrote:
    how boring

They're touring with Pearl Jam?
    Sorry is the fool who trades his soul for a corvette, thinks he'll get the girl he'll only get the mechanic...

Atlantic City: 09/30/05, 10/01/05
    Hey, thanks for that!.. not bad. A little generic, but I suppose its just because its the first single to draw fans of their music in.

oh, totally generic, but different for them I guess. Not really gonna blow anyone away, but not 'dreadful' as some people have branded it.
    I've always liked Linkin Park. I could do without the rap guy, which is one reason I really like the new single. Chester's got a great voice, and they put on pretty high energy shows. The intro of the new single reminds me of the Halloween theme a bit.

yeah, did they kick that rap dude outta the band yet? when they happens, i might even start to like them :)
  • bayleafbayleaf Posts: 128
    yeah, did they kick that rap dude outta the band yet? when they happens, i might even start to like them :)

He is doing the "na na na na" bits at the end of the song. Also playing guitar.
    ~*~*~*~*~*OFFICIAL KIWI JAMMER No 6*~*~*~*~*~
  • oh, totally generic, but different for them I guess. Not really gonna blow anyone away, but not 'dreadful' as some people have branded it.

yep, but its so "cool" to not like them, people are gonna act like that whether they think its decent or not.
    bayleaf wrote:
    He is doing the "na na na na" bits at the end of the song. Also playing guitar.

that's an improvement!
  • ehhh, not really digging this.
  • yep, but its so "cool" to not like them, people are gonna act like that whether they think its decent or not.
    I don't know if it's so much that it's "cool" not to like them, but rather the fact that their music is lifeless and generic.
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2018 Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 MSG I, Fenway I, Fenway II
  • yep, but its so "cool" to not like them, people are gonna act like that whether they think its decent or not.

not saying i like linkin park, but, what you just described is what it feels like to be a GNR fan.
    Whats got the whole world faking?
  • IlovveePJIlovveePJ Posts: 145
    That one new song sounds like the theme for the Halloween movie!
    Cincinnati. 6.24.06 Portland. 7.20.06 Gorge I. 7.22.06 London. 6.18.07
    Lollapalooza. 8.5.07 West Palm Beach. 6.11.08 Bonnaroo. 6.14.08
    Hartford. Mansfield.

www.myspace.com/lkatmeimsandrab