White Stripes current tour

1STmammal2wearPants1STmammal2wearPants Posts: 2,938
edited June 2007 in Other Music
Just picked up tickets to their 7/23 Boston show. Seein them for the first time. Im psyched. Anyone else seein the Stripes this summer, or already seen them?
2003 Mansfield III 
2004 Boston I 
2006 Boston I 
2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
2010 Hartford 
2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
2016 Bonnaroo, Fenway I, Fenway II 
2018 Fenway I, Fenway II 
2021 Sea.Hear.Now
2022 Camden
2024 MSG I, Fenway I, Fenway II
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• and this makes me even more really fucking excited:
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=JTMhH5vmLDc
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2018 Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    lucky lucky man that you are :):):)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • yermomyermom Posts: 9
    i saw them in OKC in 2003

they are so awesome live

they haven't been within 300 miles of here since. they played Kansas City once in the middle of a week, i didn't find out until too late

they seem to avoid this place like the plague, kinda like another band i love...
  • ledhed43ledhed43 Posts: 114
    i saw them at the cannery ballroom in nashville last month. i'll see 'em again in southaven, ms next month. i cant wait. i started a thread about dan sartain that no one replied too. he is their opening act for a lot of the u.s. shows. he sounds like a blend of punk and 50's rockabilly. it's a great opener for the stripes cause he'll make you want to jump around.
    Information is not knowledge.
    Knowledge is not wisdom.
    Wisdom is not truth.
    Truth is not beauty.
    Beauty is not love.
    Love is not music.
    Music is the best.

~Frank Zappa
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    and this makes me even more really fucking excited:
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=JTMhH5vmLDc

wow. playing 2 instruments basically at the same time AND singing. i must try to fit them in.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Lost_ClayLost_Clay Posts: 1,085
    they're coming to my lil' island on july 11th, got my presale ticket =)
    "ah fuck it get in trouble"

06/29/03 09/22/05 09/24/05 09/25/05 05/09/06 05/10/06
  • pjhabitpjhabit Posts: 211
    I'll be seeing then twice in Oct., can't wait!
    Boise 11/3/00~Fargo 6/15/03~Winnipeg 9/8/05~St. Paul 6/26/06~6/27/06
  • I totally forgot about tickets going on sale and missed out on seeing them at the House of Blues in Myrtle Beach. :(
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • dharma69dharma69 Posts: 1,275
    Just picked up tickets to their 7/23 Boston show. Seein them for the first time. Im psyched. Anyone else seein the Stripes this summer, or already seen them?
    I'm hoping to get tickets to a show or two....especially with the Cold War Kids as their opening band.

That will be a most excellent night of music!
    "I'm here to see Pearl Jam."- Bono

...signed...the token black Pearl Jam fan.

FaceSpace
  • MeddleDealMeddleDeal Posts: 2,547
    I've seen them before when they played Berkeley back in 2005...GREAT show!! :D it made me appreciate them even more after watching them. :) jack is one talented man, going from piano to guitar to marimba...seriously, this man can do NO wrong! :) Meg and Jack's chemistry are one of the highlights of the show for me as well.
    ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~
    ~*STONEY PONY all the WAY!*~
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    "For the world, not for the war"-Neil Finn
  • iOnlyownMymindiOnlyownMymind Posts: 2,743
    I saw them two years ago in Minneapolis. Great seats, best concert I've seen not named Pearl Jam. Unbelievable to hear them in a small venue. Fantastic!
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    White Hot Duo

WHITE HOT DUO
    STRIPES' OLD PATTERNS RETURN ON NEW RELEASE

By DAN AQUILANTE
    BLACK, WHITE & RED STRIPES: "Icky Thump" is their sixth studio album.Rating: 3 1/2 *
    June 17, 2007 -- AFTER a decade of musical partnership between drummer Meg White and guitarist Jack White, the garage-rock revivalists have regressed to the same low-fi sound and nuts-and-bolts arrangements that were the essence of their early albums. The rawness of "Icky Thump" predates the albums that put the White Stripes on the map, namely 2003's platinum-selling "Elephant" and 2005's "Get Behind Me Satan," which sold half as many copies.

"Icky" is a mash of distinctively American styles, from blues to country to various facets of rock, all presented in simple arrangements that mostly feature Jack's vocals and guitar supported by Meg's on-off drumming - not the piano and marimbas that cropped up on the last album.

I liked the bigger sound of "Elephant" and "Satan" better. White limits himself with this old bare-knuckle attack. Still, he's a great guitarist and a very good composer - and "Icky" is anything but icky. The simple 1-2-3 combinations of word, melody and rhythm is musical DNA, simple building blocks that turn into towering tunes when Jack starts jumbling them up.

Despite the decade of praise that helped propel the band, the title track is the Stripe's first Top 40 Billboard single. It's also the album opener, a nod to the guitar crunch or Led Zeppelin's Jimmy Page. Yet by mid-album, stylistically fickle Jack is pounding his guitar and voice against a wall of brass for a cover of Patti Page's 1952 scorcher "Conquest," a symphony in vocal bellowing and bombastic flamenco guitar.

There is no pegging this record to anything except White's eclecticism, which extends to a couple of Celtic-inspired folk tunes featuring bagpipes. He even dabbles in rockabilly in the final track, "Effect and Cause." But White is strongest when he sings the blues, especially the boogie "Rag and Bone" - it's a little Canned Heat, more John Lee Hooker and a lot of ZZ Top.

You could trace the folk and blues on this album to Jack's move from his Detroit home to a backwoods town outside of Nashville where he, his pregnant wife and 1-year-old daughter live. But clearly that slide toward an earthier sound was already fully evolved a couple of years ago when he started the Raconteurs as a side band.

With a healthy mix of love and life parables laced into this 13-song collection, White, who wrote all songs except the cover of "Conquest," seems to be happy outside of the Motor City, and the songs reflect that with passion and emotion.

Who said you have to be miserable to make great art?

Download: "Rag and Bone"

dan.aquilante@nypost.com
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
    Icky's a superb album that will be getting ridiculously good reviews...it's a foregone conclusion.

I do love "Rag and Bone"....with it's Sanford & Son-esque exchanges between Meg and Jack. I can't not smile when I listen to it!

FaceSpace
  • I'm going to see them live for the first time on 7/24 @ MSG... REALLY excited about it! :)
    If you're headed to the grave,
    you don't blame the hearse.

07/09/03, 05/05/06, 06/01/06, 06/03/06
    Hope you've all been watching them at Bonnaroo!

FaceSpace
  • adam42381adam42381 Posts: 2,505
    Can't wait for July 28th to roll around!!! Going to see them in Fairfax, VA outside DC.
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    JaneNY wrote:
    wow. playing 2 instruments basically at the same time AND singing. i must try to fit them in.
    the white stripes remind me of a junior high talent show band.. no talent at all..
    BoyHitsCar Masked Street Team
    www.lovecorealliance.com

Upcoming boyhitscar concerts:
    11/7/07 - Allentown Pa
    11/11/07 - Hartford Ct

www.myspace.com/briankutys
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    Seeing them in less than 3 weeks! 3 days after I see Bob Dylan:) What a week.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • oppie1 wrote:
    the white stripes remind me of a junior high talent show band.. no talent at all..
    dude, from what i've read on here, you have some really shitty tastes in music yourself lol.

feel free to not like them, but don't tell me they don't have any talent, because ya couldn't be more wrong.
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2018 Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
  • iOnlyownMymindiOnlyownMymind Posts: 2,743
    Seeing them in less than 3 weeks! 3 days after I see Bob Dylan:) What a week.

That is awesome. I envy you! I wish I could see the White Stripes again this year, but no shows close enough and no one that interested in going. Sucks! Hopefully they'll go on a more full scale american tour soon, though I do think its cool that they are touring all over Canada. Never seen Bob Dylan though, always wondered whether his shows are still good or not. I've heard mixed reviews. You should let us know how it was.
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    That is awesome. I envy you! I wish I could see the White Stripes again this year, but no shows close enough and no one that interested in going. Sucks! Hopefully they'll go on a more full scale american tour soon, though I do think its cool that they are touring all over Canada. Never seen Bob Dylan though, always wondered whether his shows are still good or not. I've heard mixed reviews. You should let us know how it was.
    It's part of the bluesfest here, I'm seeing
    Bob Dylan (Jimmie Vaughan opening)
    George Thorogood
    The White Stripes
    Steve Miller

and then possibly (depends on work)
    George Clinton
    Robert Cray
    INXS
    Metric (havent heard a lot of their stuff?)

Not bad for $100 eh?
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • seeing them in vancouver and in chicago.
  • The White Stripes are on Conan O'Brien right now..

Kickin ass!

I'd love to see the WS in concert.
  • EBowieEBowie Posts: 532
    I'm seeing them for the first time on July 23rd in Boston--can't wait--I've got general admission floor. Don't ask me why it took me so long to catch on to this band...I've got no good answer...love 'em now though.
  • chris05chris05 Posts: 347
    Just picked up " Icky Thumb " impressed so far. Meg lookin very hot in the booklet to, cant wait to see them in July.
    Who cares if the world is going down the toilet? Eddie Vedder got his mojo back!
  • Alex_CoeAlex_Coe Posts: 762
    chris05 wrote:
    Just picked up " Icky Thumb " impressed so far. Meg lookin very hot in the booklet to, cant wait to see them in July.

"Icky Thump", more likely.

Has anyone else seen the IT commercials on Adult Swim? Why the hell are they in Spanish?
  • luvisatowerluvisatower Posts: 1,078
    seen em New Years Eve in chicago a few years back
    fan-freaking-tastic live show!!!!
    cant wait for the chi-town shows this year
    i wish they'd announce a ticket onsale date already
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Get it now, get enough, before its gone, let's everybody carry on, carry on....
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    www.wishlistfoundation.org
    WE WANT YOU!!!!
    join the street team
    http://wishlistfoundation.fancorps.com

"headphones are highly recommended...." Jeff Ament
  • lowlight10lowlight10 Posts: 619
    luvistower wrote:
    seen em New Years Eve in chicago a few years back
    fan-freaking-tastic live show!!!!
    cant wait for the chi-town shows this year
    i wish they'd announce a ticket onsale date already

sale date was announced last week and presale tix went on sale this morning. i got sunday.
    -

"In your case, I'll check my brain at the door and we'll start even, okay?"

Have you thanked a taper today?
  • VrJxSVrJxS Posts: 115

I'm planning on going to the Boston show too, also Maine & Conn.

Haven't seen them live yet, but can't wait.

The blackpool Lights DVD kicks ass, you should check it out if you haven't seen it.
  • I saw White Stripes 3 week ago here in Portugal and I was like..:o How come didn't I know more about this band?! Jack White is the real One Man show!!!
    Speaking as a child of the 90's