Maladroit

1STmammal2wearPants1STmammal2wearPants Posts: 2,938
edited July 2007 in Other Music
Pinkerton and the Blue Album get all the attention, but this is an underrated little gem from Weezer, and at their most flat out rock. Dope Nose is amongst the best they've ever done. 'Slob' is awesome too. And it is a much fuckin better album than their most recent. If I don't ever hear 'Beverly Hills' ever again, it won't be a bad thing.
2003 Mansfield III 
2004 Boston I 
2006 Boston I 
2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
2010 Hartford 
2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
2016 Bonnaroo, Fenway I, Fenway II 
2018 Fenway I, Fenway II 
2021 Sea.Hear.Now
2022 Camden
2024 MSG I, Fenway I, Fenway II
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    I actually hate this album and think its their worst. The songs are too short and there isnt one song that stands out to me.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • I actually hate this album and think its their worst. The songs are too short and there isnt one song that stands out to me.

Nah, it's lightyears ahead of Make Believe. And Dope Nose definitely stands out. It's among the catchiest they've ever done. I like the short songs too. Short and to the point with a punch.
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2018 Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 MSG I, Fenway I, Fenway II
  • El_KabongEl_Kabong Posts: 4,141
    i really like maladroit, too, but there's a lot of stuff that's better than make believe!

i think maladroit is the only weezer album i have on vinyl

edit: no, i have the green album and hash pipe single, too, but maladroit has always been one of my favortie weezer albums
    standin above the crowd
    he had a voice that was strong and loud and
    i swallowed his facade cos i'm so
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
    someone who seemed to feel the same
    someone prepared to lead the way
  • BremertonBremerton Posts: 279
    I actually hate this album and think its their worst. The songs are too short and there isnt one song that stands out to me.
    I agree with you. I do like Burnt Jamb though. I think the rest of it is terrible. Make Believe sucks too, so I'm not sure which one I would choose as the worst.
  • This album is my favorite for sure.
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • i havnt listened to all their albums except for pinkerton. nd i think its close to a masterpiece
  • btb002btb002 Posts: 183
    I love Fall Together, Bundt Jam(sp?), and the singles, but its my second least favorite album. Make Believe is just terrible.
    You are just a negative mindless pud.