radiohead's new album

1STmammal2wearPants1STmammal2wearPants Posts: 2,938
edited July 2007 in Other Music
from what i've heard from live performances and the snippets on their site, sounds like it's going to be their best since OK Computer. I can't fucking wait.
2003 Mansfield III 
2004 Boston I 
2006 Boston I 
2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
2010 Hartford 
2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
2016 Bonnaroo, Fenway I, Fenway II 
2018 Fenway I, Fenway II 
2021 Sea.Hear.Now
2022 Camden
2024 MSG I, Fenway I, Fenway II
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Blind MelonBlind Melon Posts: 911
    I know dude. When I saw them last year at 'Roo... it just started an addiction that couldn't be fed because they haven't actually "released" the material in a good format.
    If I could, think I would give in.
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,761
    Rumor is that the show at Bonnaroo is going to be released on DVD. Can't fucking wait for this album. It's getting mastered in New York right now, so maybe by then end of the year.
  • my only complaint is that it's taking so fucking long. but i can't wait.
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2018 Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    my only complaint is that it's taking so fucking long. but i can't wait.

I share your only complaint...it's been over 4 years since Hail To The Thief
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    has thom re-learned how to play guitar? if so, im in! if not... i've already got a techno mix cd, i dont need radiohead's pathetic take on the genre.
    has thom re-learned how to play guitar? if so, im in! if not... i've already got a techno mix cd, i dont need radiohead's pathetic take on the genre.

I think he plays guitar on quite a few of the videos I have seen. Best Thom on guitar song= 2+2=5. What a kick ass song
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    I think he plays guitar on quite a few of the videos I have seen. Best Thom on guitar song= 2+2=5. What a kick ass song

that was a pretty good song. hail to the thief showed a step in the right direction, though i found it lacking in the solid song department.
    Very. It was either a solid hit (2+2=5) on a song or a total miss...(I Will)
  • I liked hail to the thief but nothin compares to ok computer or the bends, hopefully the new stuff is more like ok computer than amnesiac or kid A
  • LedZepFanLedZepFan Posts: 1,009
    I liked hail to the thief but nothin compares to ok computer or the bends, hopefully the new stuff is more like ok computer than amnesiac or kid A

that about sums it up...anybody know when we're supposed to be getting the new one?
    I've faced it, a life wasted, and I'm never going back again.

Some die just to live.
  • Jammin909Jammin909 Posts: 888
    Videotape, All I need, 15 Step, and Arpeggi are all classics in my mind.

Seeing them live takes it to a whole new level.
    The less you know, the more you believe.
  • gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    So what's the scuttlebutt on the new album? Is is supposed to be even more rockin' than their last album? What have they compared it too?
    The new songs sound so awesome live... and then when they did the "playing the record backwards" snippets on greenplastic just made me want it even more... there was a lot of acoustic guitar sound, and just sounded phenomenal. I can't help but have high hopes for this because Thom said that it was "darker" than Ok Computer... plus, it's fucking Radiohead, and new material from the band in 4 years is so long..
  • bestsanebestsane Posts: 131
    Everytime when Radiohead is about to release a new album, honestly, everyone would say that it's gonna be the best since OK Computer. I don't know what the fuck you guys are thinking. The fact that all of their post OK Computer stuffs are shit is not ignored by most people. I'm not surprised that this new album would be the "Kid D".
  • bestsane wrote:
    Everytime when Radiohead is about to release a new album, honestly, everyone would say that it's gonna be the best since OK Computer. I don't know what the fuck you guys are thinking. The fact that all of their post OK Computer stuffs are shit is not ignored by most people. I'm not surprised that this new album would be the "Kid D".

Kid A and Amnesiac were Kid A and Kid B, almost. This new one's going to sound NOTHING like Kid A. Have you heard any of the songs? They're more up-tempo, rockin, and lyrically-driven. None of it sounds anything like Kid A. That was an exception of an album.
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2018 Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
  • itsevobabyitsevobaby Posts: 1,809
    Kid A and Amnesiac were Kid A and Kid B, almost. This new one's going to sound NOTHING like Kid A. Have you heard any of the songs? They're more up-tempo, rockin, and lyrically-driven. None of it sounds anything like Kid A. That was an exception of an album.
    and thom's solo was Kid C. all good listens in my opinion. totally different to the band that wrote OK C. but that's what i love about the band, they've become a tough listen, but you know there's gold in there somewhere & eventually you find it & it's quite unlike anything else :)
    Look Alive,
    See These Bones
    Well, I was merely just stating that (I think) everyone could agree that Ok Computer is their greatest work... but all have different favorites... my favorite is Kid A, but I can see how Ok Computer is their best work... with that said... the new album will definitely not sound like Ok Computer... seeing as the new songs they've played have more electronica in them.. it's just the lyrical depth that Thom related to with the new album to Ok Computer was that it'll be "darker".