Options

New Ben Harper album

paddy22paddy22 Posts: 21
edited February 2006 in Other Music
"Both sides of the gun" I can nearly hear it now, and a double album aswell.
You can preorder a 3 cd set from benharper.net, but it won't be shiped till the released date 21 March, and that would take forever to get to Ireland, unless it is released in America first then it dosent matter.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    So I'm the only one excited about this. It makes the wait for the new Pearl Jam album less agonising, in fact its the only thing that will tame my frustration.

But would still rather wait for a great Pearl Jam album, than get an inferior one now.
  • Options
    I'm pretty pumped. Hopefully he comes through. ITs one of thsoe albums i'll have to read reveiws on first though.

The last cd had diamonds on the inside and little else. Amen Omen I suppose......
  • Options
    CM1847CM1847 Posts: 577
    I loved Diamonds on the Inside. I hate the idea of splitting up songs between hard and soft, but I am still looking forward to this one. Better not come with a double album price tag though....
  • Options
    I'm not excitied about the format. The foos failed at this we must remember.

I'm not exactly sure what a "hard" ben harper song is anyway.
  • Options
    Have to disagree with you on the last album, I taught it was great, the first I got from him after I saw him on the MSG dvd, and I went out and bought one after another happy to pay royalties for this guy.
  • Options
    CM1847 wrote:
    I loved Diamonds on the Inside. I hate the idea of splitting up songs between hard and soft, but I am still looking forward to this one. Better not come with a double album price tag though....

25$ to pre-order the limited edition 3 cd set on his website, that is cheaper than it will be in Ireland, I just dont want to wait for the postage after the realease date
  • Options
    I'm not exactly sure what a "hard" ben harper song is anyway.

Faded
    Forgiven
    Please Bleed
    Alone
    Less
    Temporary Remedy
    So High So Low

Just to name a few.............

I'm so excited abou this album!!!!!!!!!!

I was gonig to pre-order it from benharper.net, but I figured that it would take forever to get here......

Just because it says that it'll be "shipped" on March 21st.

I'd rather buy it i think :)

I'll be there as soon as I can get there on the 21st!!!!!!!!!!
    "I Miss You Already!!!!!"

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
  • Options
    VEDHEAD27VEDHEAD27 Posts: 3,091
    I am SOOOO excited about new BEN! :) Double album!? YES!! :D I got the email the other day as well. I think I'm gonna have to pre-order this beauty. I can't resist. That bonus disc looks too delicious.

HORRAY for beautiful BEN! Yet another reason this musical year OWNS. Can't wait to experience the heavenly, super talented, super soulful man live again. :):o
    ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤

"Lo√e, you know the word
    ...YOU invented it!" ~ E√

¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤
    ...::STONE--YOU--OWN!::...
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
  • Options
    People are forgetting, the material on this "double album" could fit onto one disc. He said he jsut couldn't find a balance he liked so he split it up. So it isn't like we are getting 2 hours worth of music here.

$25 is too much, I bought the Foo Fighter's double for $10 new the day it came out. And the Foo Fighters failed horriblely trying this, I hope Harper does it better. His Live From Mars worked well, but that was two full discs of live stuff, not sure it is going to work as well for short studio songs. We'll see, I"m excited about it either way.
  • Options
    I gotta say I am skeptical as hell about the new record. There were only about 2 songs on the last record that I really liked all that much... and I am not digging the new single thus far. I am somewhat intrigued by the idea of it being split up the way it is, but also a little worried, because that doesn't always work. As everyone has pointed out the Foos record just didn't pan out that well. But then again, Nick Cave did it and it kicked ass, so who knows?
    The Man has a branch office in each of our brains, his corporate emblem is a white albatross, each local rep has a cover known as the Ego, and their mission in this world is Bad Shit.
  • Options
    I gotta say I am skeptical as hell about the new record. There were only about 2 songs on the last record that I really liked all that much... and I am not digging the new single thus far. I am somewhat intrigued by the idea of it being split up the way it is, but also a little worried, because that doesn't always work. As everyone has pointed out the Foos record just didn't pan out that well. But then again, Nick Cave did it and it kicked ass, so who knows?

Ben did it for a reason.....

And if it's good enough for Ben, it's good enough for me ;)
    "I Miss You Already!!!!!"

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
  • Options
    direwolf74direwolf74 Posts: 1,622
    CM1847 wrote:
    $25 is too much, I bought the Foo Fighter's double for $10 new the day it came out. And the Foo Fighters failed horriblely trying this, I hope Harper does it better.

Totally disagree. The Foos album is amazing. Best thing they've ever done in my opinion. As for the new Ben Harper, I can't wait! He keeps getting better and better. Diamonds on the Inside was a great record and I'm really looking forward to the new stuff.
    "I try my best to chug, stomp, weep, whisper, moan, wheeze, scat, blurt, rage, whine, and seduce. With my voice I can sound like a girl, the boogieman, a Theremin, a cherry bomb, a clown, a doctor, a murderer. I can be tribal. Ironic. Or disturbed. My voice is really my instrument."

-Tom Waits
  • Options
    reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    The foos failed at this we must remember.

cant agree with you on that one dude, disc 1 of the Foos was your usual Foos album, and disc 2 was fucking brilliant IMO.
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • Options
    mariposamariposa Posts: 2,523
    Thanks for the heads up.

I'm really looking forward to it,...it's still a bit of a wait. Heh patience is a virtue I guess.
    "All the strength that you might think would disappear, resolving..."
  • Options
    I thought the first disc of the Foo Fighter's album was great, classic Foo rockers, definitely up there with the rock songs on Colour & Shape and There Is Nothing...., but I couldn't stand disc two. They are at their best when they have a bunch of rock songs with a few slower songs thrown in. If they had taken the best 2-4 from the second disc and scattered them throughout the first disc, they may have matched Colour & The Shape. But as it is, the entire disc of acoustic numbers just doesn't work at all for me. Just my opinion of course, quite a few people I know liked the acoustic disc better.
  • Options
    reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    CM1847 wrote:
    I thought the first disc of the Foo Fighter's album was great, classic Foo rockers, definitely up there with the rock songs on Colour & Shape and There Is Nothing...., but I couldn't stand disc two. They are at their best when they have a bunch of rock songs with a few slower songs thrown in. If they had taken the best 2-4 from the second disc and scattered them throughout the first disc, they may have matched Colour & The Shape. But as it is, the entire disc of acoustic numbers just doesn't work at all for me. Just my opinion of course, quite a few people I know liked the acoustic disc better.

i can see why it dosen't appeal to some,and dosen't work for you it certainly is quite diverse from the normal Foos, Freind of a Freind is my favourite track, the first time i played it and heard Virginia Moon i was like WTF? but the more i've played it the better its got, and i find myself listening to disc2 more than disc 1.
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • Options
    Harper playing at Saskquatch festival at the Gorge and Deer Lake Park in Vancouver

http://www.benharper.net/?page=music&sub_page=detail&id=264

3 CD's
    TRACK LIST
    BETTER WAY
    1. Better Way
    2. Both Sides Of The Gun
    3. Engraved Invitation
    4. Black Rain
    5. Gather 'Round The Stone
    6. Please Don't Talk About Murder While I'm Eating
    7. Get It Like You Like It
    8. The Way You Found Me
    9. Serve Your Soul

MORNING YEARNING
    1. Morning Yearning
    2. Waiting For You
    3. Picture In A Frame
    4. Never Leave Lonely Alone
    5. Sweet Nothing Serenade
    6. Reason To Mourn
    7. More Than Sorry
    8. Cryin' Won't Help You Now
    9. Happy Everafter In Your Eyes

BONUS DISC
    1. Gold To Me (live)
    2. Get It Like You Like It (live)
    3. Gather 'Round The Stone (live)
    4. Beloved One (live)
    5. Waiting For You (alternate mix)
    6. Morning Yearning (alternate mix)
    7. Reason To Mourn (alternate mix)
    8. Gather 'Round The Stone (Musselwhite Version)
    9. Dressed In Black (Live with Charlie Musselwhite)