Quick Question about the HYPE! doco

MapleTeaMapleTea Posts: 50
edited October 2007 in Other Music
In the movie they show the Cobain vigil in Seattle...What is the song playing there? Sounds like Nirvana but i've never heard it before aside from the documentary. Where can you find it? Is it on an album?

Thanks
*****no time to be void or save up on life,
you got to spend it all...*****
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,870
    mark lanegan - the river rise

album: whiskey and the holy ghost
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    This doesnt answer your question but the bands in that documentary are some of the worst I have ever heard. Call me whatever but the most popular so called "grunge" bands really were the only good ones.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • mark lanegan - the river rise

album: whiskey and the holy ghost

Thanks, always it was Nirvana or Kurt at least...
  • This doesnt answer your question but the bands in that documentary are some of the worst I have ever heard. Call me whatever but the most popular so called "grunge" bands really were the only good ones.

Well yeh lets just just say alot them remained unknown for a reason...
  • This doesnt answer your question but the bands in that documentary are some of the worst I have ever heard. Call me whatever but the most popular so called "grunge" bands really were the only good ones.

I respectfully disagree. + some of the bands weren't really grunge. I wouldn't consider the MonoMen or Gas Huffer grunge at all.

But yes, we did see the best of the best.
    NERDS!
  • MapleTea wrote:
    In the movie they show the Cobain vigil in Seattle...What is the song playing there? Sounds like Nirvana but i've never heard it before aside from the documentary. Where can you find it? Is it on an album?

Thanks

Yeh this song spun me out for the longest time.

When I heard it for the first time in Hype! I automatically assumed it was Kurt's song. I had'nt heard much of Lanegan at the time, only Screaming Trees.

Well it's such an emotional song, I love it and at the same time it makes me sad, gives me that lump deep in the back of my throat.

A sad one, but a good one...if that makes sense??!
    +--+-Official Upcoming Australasian Tour:Member #9-+--+
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    This doesnt answer your question but the bands in that documentary are some of the worst I have ever heard. Call me whatever but the most popular so called "grunge" bands really were the only good ones.
    I agree. the only underrappreciated "grunge" band were Mudhoney, and everyone who knew anything knew that they were great anyway. bands like Skinyard were alright but seriously, Catt Butt?
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"