2---2
    3/44-4--0--
    A-0
    3---3---0--0--0-0
    3---3
    33---
    D
    "I Miss You Already!!!!!"

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
  • Options
    Yes, it was the first Nirvana song I learned, and found it rather easy to play. And is still a great song.
    "Everyone wants to be the sun that lights up your life, but I'd rather be your moon so I can shine on you during your darkest hour when your sun's not around."
  • Options
    Thanks guys, i've been learning to play guitar, kinda teaching myself. I'm always looking for songs that are fairly easy play.

I have been playing since mid November 2005.

I can play the intro and a fair bit of long road, the intro to I got ID, COrduroy intro and basic chords, Not for you (well Ed's part anyway). I'm trying to learn Betterman but im finding it tough.

Now I want to learn a few Nirvana songs to compliment my pearl Jam.
    *****no time to be void or save up on life,
    you got to spend it all...*****
  • Options
    What model of guitar do you play?

I'm glad to know you picked up on it. Music is such a wonderful art..
    "Everyone wants to be the sun that lights up your life, but I'd rather be your moon so I can shine on you during your darkest hour when your sun's not around."
  • Options
    I'm just playing accoustic right now, hopefully if I improve enough I'll shell out and buy an electric...

it is amazing, sometimes I'll play and before I know it hours have past...But my fingers certainly remind me when to stop, they are killing me. Ive lost feeling in the tips...But not even that can stop me!
  • Options
    you surely have the determination to go on with this. I occasionally try to learn the guitar by myself, but as soon as I cant play the song in a few tries, or when my fingers begin to hurt, I stop..and I was just wondering today, is "off he goes" easy to play? maybe this one will give me the reguired enthusiasm to go on..
    "maybe this world is just the hell of another planet.."
  • Options
    Porsuk&Co wrote:
    you surely have the determination to go on with this. I occasionally try to learn the guitar by myself, but as soon as I cant play the song in a few tries, or when my fingers begin to hurt, I stop..and I was just wondering today, is "off he goes" easy to play? maybe this one will give me the reguired enthusiasm to go on..

I have tried off he goes but at this stage of my guitar playing career it was just to advanced.

By the way, I have already got the hang of heart shaped box...It sounds pretty good once you start playing it.
  • Options
    Porsuk&CoPorsuk&Co Posts: 12
    well the past few days I got off he goes, and I assure you, Its easier than HSB..you will do it in a few tries
    "maybe this world is just the hell of another planet.."
  • Options
    JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    The rest of I Got ID is very easy too.

Also, if you want to practice bar chords... go for ALL of Alice in Chains Unplugged, all the songs are easy and fun to play!
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    Porsuk&Co wrote:

If you can play an F, C, Am, and Csus4 (a C with your picky on the third fret of the D string)...than you can play Off He Goes
  • Options
    Whitey_22Whitey_22 Posts: 44
    Heart-Shaped Box was the first song I ever learned all the way through. I was so proud. Ah, back in the days. ;)
  • Options
    MCGMCG Posts: 780
    MapleTea wrote:
    Is this song easy to play on guitar?

Yes, yes it is.
    Which came first,
    the bad idea or me befallen by it?
  • Options
    IgottagoIgottago Posts: 483
    If you can play an F, C, Am, and Csus4 (a C with your picky on the third fret of the D string)...than you can play Off He Goes

Yeah, its not too hard, its a really cool song to play too..just stick with it..i've been playing the geetar for about 4 years, its an amazing instrument, you are always unlocking your abilities as long as you keep practicing..before you know it you can write your own songs and pretend your a rock star. It really does help to get into a band and play with other musicians too, even if its just to have some fun and make some noise on the weekends.
  • Options
    El_KabongEl_Kabong Posts: 4,141
    i never bothered to learn the chorus, but the song is pretty easy. something in the way and all apologies are, too
    standin above the crowd
    he had a voice that was strong and loud and
    i swallowed his facade cos i'm so
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
    someone who seemed to feel the same
    someone prepared to lead the way