The Who at MSG II

yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
edited September 2006 in Other Music
Just saw the Who on Tuesday night and I have to say the performance was spectacular. I had pretty terrible seats, but it didn't matter the music was sooo good. It was a little bit of a downer because everyone around me was sitting but I just stood and danced the whole time. It was really fun.

I was totally impressed by how good they still sounded. Roger's voice was great. He was straining a little at times, but in general sounded spot on. Pete was running around and kind of just jumping around, his voice sounded awesome too. I love the windmill!! It was a little strange to watch though because they were both in there own worlds, and made very little contact with each other and really didn't play off each other at all. But what can you do, people grow apart I guess.

It was also a little wierd because it was totally their band. No one else moved around at all, just stood stationary, and played. Although they sounded great. Zak Starkey was terrific. He really played just like Keith Moon. It was if he was totally just chanelling his spirit through out the performance. I was really impressed.

Anyway, it was a great great performance and totally worth the 6 hour round trip to see them.
you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Just scored some reserved seats for tonight at PNC. Heard alot of great reviews, i cant wait. Do they change their set list like PJ does? I'm seeing them at the Borgata too, and just wondering how different the shows will be.
    Reading, PA
    Washington DC
    Montreal
    Ottawa
    Atlantic City, NJ
    Atlantic City, NJ
    Philadelphia, PA
    New York, NY
    Albany, NY
    Hartford, CT
    Camden, NJ
    Camden, NJ
    Washington DC
    E Rutherford, NJ
    E Rutherford, NJ
    Pittsburgh, PA
    The Gorge
    The Gorge
    Honolulu !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • saw them in Boston on Saturday. Great show! There was a ton of energy. And you'll be amazed by how good Daltrey still sounds. I was expecting him to be a lot worse. The scream in Won't Get Fooled again sounds as good as ever beleive it or not :D
  • How were the new songs?
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,680
    yosi wrote:
    It was a little strange to watch though because they were both in there own worlds, and made very little contact with each other and really didn't play off each other at all. But what can you do, people grow apart I guess.

They couldn't grow apart because they've never been close. Just a working relationship, nothing more...never has been.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • JamnPearl wrote:
    How were the new songs?

very good actually
  • yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    Just scored some reserved seats for tonight at PNC. Heard alot of great reviews, i cant wait. Do they change their set list like PJ does? I'm seeing them at the Borgata too, and just wondering how different the shows will be.

Not much variation if you look at the setlists, they change about one or two songs a night. Otherwise the same.
    Poncier wrote:
    They couldn't grow apart because they've never been close. Just a working relationship, nothing more...never has been.

Didn't know that. Makes sense though. Although, on the other hand, you'd think they'd have to have been close at one time to be able to form a band together, or after spending so much time together.
    JamnPearl wrote:
    How were the new songs?

Great.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.