Help - Rhapsody (To Go) Player

yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
edited March 2007 in Other Music
I was wondering if anyone used this player, and could give me some info on how it worked and how the service was and whether or not people enjoyed it. I was curious how long I kept the music if I decided to not continue membership, could I put the music on my iPod, are there issues with DRM protected music, etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• godpt3godpt3 Posts: 1,020
    yosi wrote:
    I was curious how long I kept the music if I decided to not continue membership, could I put the music on my iPod, are there issues with DRM protected music, etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If I remember right (I've never used the service, personally), the music will "expire" if you cancel your membership and it cannot be put on an iPod (at least not without violating federal law). The music will only work on a Rhapsody-sponsored player.

The best way to avoid this bullshit is to NEVER purchase DRM-infected music.
    "If all those sweet, young things were laid end to end, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised."
    —Dorothy Parker

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/6902/conspiracytheoriesxt6qt8.jpg
  • yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    godpt3 wrote:
    If I remember right (I've never used the service, personally), the music will "expire" if you cancel your membership and it cannot be put on an iPod (at least not without violating federal law). The music will only work on a Rhapsody-sponsored player.

The best way to avoid this bullshit is to NEVER purchase DRM-infected music.

Cool, thanks. I'm just trying to legally (or easily as possible really, even if it wasn't entirely legal), download lots of music without paying a shit load of money. I figured if I could cough up $15 bucks once and then have a lot more music, it'd be worth it.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.