Sunday Bloody Sunday

INDIFFERENCE MAKERINDIFFERENCE MAKER Posts: 274
edited February 2008 in Other Music
could this possibly be one of the top 10 songs ever recorded.
i think so.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Which one: Lennon's or U2's?
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    Which one: Lennon's or U2's?

Someone else has recorded it recently too - Saul Williams, with instrumentation by Trent Reznor - different and good.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Lennon's is a completely different song.
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9c4lLnY0rA

THE best version of that song.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,184
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9c4lLnY0rA

THE best version of that song.

A song about coming together as ONE, I wish I could play it.

I saw them on the opening of the War World Tour and what power did this song carry that night in Virginia.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• BenzorBenzor Posts: 886
    Not even the best song by U2
  • Definitely the best U2 song (and I really like U2) and I would say one of the greatest songs ever written. I don't think it would make it into my top ten, but probably in my top 50.
  • I was just listening to some U2 on the drive up. One song that really hit me today was "City of Blinding Lights". That's a classic U2 song on what was a really hit (City of Blinding Light) or miss (Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own Album). That album even had the biggest turd since "Playboy Mansion"..."Man and a Woman".