Pink Floyd Zabriskie Point

MohabMohab Posts: 310
edited July 2006 in Other Music
I got the sessions disc recently, I was wondering if the official soundtrack for the film is also worth picking up. Its a pricey double disc, but I heard some of Garcias best fingerpicking is on there too.

Having now heard almost everything the band has released, I would place this album near the top for the value of Crumbling Land, the Unkown song and 'Rain in the Country, the latter two being instrumentals. The only snag is 'Seabird' one of Floyds finest songs is only in the movie itself, hence all recordings are clipped and have dialogue over them.

Is anyone familiar with this?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I thought "Seabird" was an outtake from the "More" film, from a few months before "Zabriske Point". As for the ZP soundtrack - the double CD set is great - it has the original soundtrack album and then a bonus disc of unreleased Floyd and Jerry Garcia. Sadly, it's the only unreleased stuff that Floyd has ever released!
  • corduroy41corduroy41 Posts: 94
    I've heard the whole thing once on an online radio station over at shoutcast.com. Good stuff from what I remember. I know the Floyd stuff off the soundtrack inside out from all the bootlegs I've collected over the years.

Looking at the ratings from amazon.com it looks like a worthy investment though.
  • viggs20viggs20 Posts: 1,296
    I need to get this...its hard to keep track with so much music out there...thanks for reminding me.
    "Reality continues to ruin my life." - Calvin & Hobbes.

www.stopglobalaids.com www.indymedia.org www.ecologyfund.com www.thehungersite.com www.amnesty.org www.pratham.org www.icbl.org www.care2.com/click2donate
  • Crumbling land is a cool song. A whole floyd album I havn't heard? I'll have to check out the rest.
  • I got this, its awesome. The unknown song is pf at their best, like on the narrow way pt 1 on Ummagumma
  • this and other great rare Floyd tracks can be found on the "Treefull of Secrets" compilation. you can find it on torrent sites
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • merkinballmerkinball Posts: 2,262
    this and other great rare Floyd tracks can be found on the "Treefull of Secrets" compilation. you can find it on torrent sites

That's a great compilation, took me forever to get through. 17 discs I think.

Here's the track listing for it:

http://www.winntia.com/html/boxes/pf-atfos.htm
    "You're no help," he told the lime. This was unfair. It was only a lime; there was nothing special about it at all. It was doing the best it could.

http://www.last.fm/user/merkinball/
    spotify:user:merkinball