12 years ago today
i'll trade you my tee shirt for a grilled cheese
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    ya just listening to the boots

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3MpKBpoA1Y
  • bharQbharQ Posts: 1,201
    man.. already 12 years... one of the greatest singer/songwriters to ever live

R.I.P. Shannon
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
  • Shannon's voice rattled my soul and still does everyday.
    Shannon's voice rattled my soul and still does everyday.

I like that post
  • elmerelmer Posts: 1,683
    RIP

12 years ago today
    makes me feel way too old. I didnt know he had died till 97, used to storm about the mean streets with Soup on me walkman none the wiser. they were one of those bands that I'd of continued to follow.
    first saw them in support of guns n' roses back in....93or94. was at the milton keynes bowl, recall thinking how they looked like agricultural labourers, I liked that.
    elmer wrote:
    makes me feel way too old. I didnt know he had died till 97, used to storm about the mean streets with Soup on me walkman none the wiser. they were one of those bands that I'd of continued to follow.
    first saw them in support of guns n' roses back in....93or94. was at the milton keynes bowl, recall thinking how they looked like agricultural labourers, I liked that.

you saw blind melon @ milton keynes bowl!?? oh fuuck thats like 40 mins from mee but i was 3 or 4 then :(
  • Saw this on the Melon board yesterday:

Hey all!

We, at the Blind Melon Forum, would like to take some time to discuss a few things that have been weighing on our minds for quite some time.

Nel Hoon has done so much for Shannon's fans, as well as the Blind Melon community, for a very long time. Vigils are held annually, as most of you know. However, we believe now is a great time to reciprocate. Without getting deep into details, we would like to set up a fund to help Nel. She's let the fans into her home, THE home Shannon grew up in. She's let the fans into Shannon's room, and has shared so many precious stories regarding her late son. There may come a time where these opportunites are no longer available. However, we can help keep these great opportunitied alive...

What we would like to do is help out Nel. We are asking that all Shannon Hoon fans, and Blind Melon fans alike, by visiting her jewelry site: http://www.eyeandminddesigns.com or http://www.myspace.com/nelhoon and purchase some of her handcrafted jewelry.

However, we also feel that more can be done. We are setting up a donation for her, to help keep up with Vigil costs, and her door open to Shannon's fans... Now is the perfect time to donate. If everyone on this forum would donate just 5 dollars, we could really help her out. However, that is highly impossible. So, we are asking for anything you can spare... Every little bit helps. Let's help keep the tradition of the Vigil and visiting Shannon's home alive.

Today marks the 12th anniversary of Shannon's passing. It only seems right to choose today as the day to start all of this.

Please, if you could help out in anyway (ie. buying her jewelry, donating to keep the traditions alive, purchasing her T-Shirt at the Melon shows, etc) it is more than appreciated.

~Blind Melon Forum~

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
    I BrisK I wrote:
    you saw blind melon @ milton keynes bowl!?? oh fuuck thats like 40 mins from mee but i was 3 or 4 then :(
    yeah at the time their debut was getting quite a push, course there was No Rain which helped. the critics panned their support slot, said it was hard to imagine anybody making less of an impression. bah, they were just jealous, going on to make out it was only through shannons link to axl (both from Lafayette,Indiana). suppose you know he did backing on Don't Cry.

howcome such good musical taste in one so young? were you like the weird kid in your peer group?
    elmer wrote:
    yeah at the time their debut was getting quite a push, course there was No Rain which helped. the critics panned their support slot, said it was hard to imagine anybody making less of an impression. bah, they were just jealous, going on to make out it was only through shannons link to axl (both from Lafayette,Indiana). suppose you know he did backing on Don't Cry.

howcome such good musical taste in one so young? were you like the weird kid in your peer group?

yeh i know about the dont cry thing, they grw up together, i think they went to same school etc

My brother who is 21 he is young as well - dont know how he got into them but he just gave me pearl jam then i just explored.

No one in my entire school knows anything about the early 90s lol or an of the bands, except for one guy but he isn't a major fan he likes ten and dont think he has bothered to listen to anymore.

really sucks.. its all emo and metal core and of course the majority of rap etc
    I BrisK I wrote:
    yeh i know about the dont cry thing, they grw up together, i think they went to same school etc

My brother who is 21 he is young as well - dont know how he got into them but he just gave me pearl jam then i just explored.

No one in my entire school knows anything about the early 90s lol or an of the bands, except for one guy but he isn't a major fan he likes ten and dont think he has bothered to listen to anymore.

really sucks.. its all emo and metal core and of course the majority of rap etc
    shannon also made an appearance on the Don't Cry:Makin Fuckin Videos documentary they released. seemed a very child-like figure what with his spit-dribbling excitment. there was a live performance of the song with Shannon backing axl, in los angeles around the time the Illusions were put out. its probably on youtube somewhere.

yeah them emo lot are right strange fuckers, though anything that aint chavdom cannot be all bad.
    Milton Keynes is a tradegy of town-planning much in the same way as Harlow and others. roundabouts and roundabouts, not so much a town but a catchment area for shopping districts. maybe Im wrong.
    elmer wrote:
    shannon also made an appearance on the Don't Cry:Makin Fuckin Videos documentary they released. seemed a very child-like figure what with his spit-dribbling excitment. there was a live performance of the song with Shannon backing axl, in los angeles around the time the Illusions were put out. its probably on youtube somewhere.

yeah them emo lot are right strange fuckers, though anything that aint chavdom cannot be all bad.
    Milton Keynes is a tradegy of town-planning much in the same way as Harlow and others. roundabouts and roundabouts, not so much a town but a catchment area for shopping districts. maybe Im wrong.

haaha i, its awful, so confusing, glad i dont need to go there often.

Ya i got in a blind melon dvd, just a bonus vid of it... Shannon totally outvocals Axl
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    sales of vigil candles will be through the roof!!
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    dunkman wrote:
    sales of vigil candles will be through the roof!!

HAHAHAHAHA

first post of yours ive actually laughed at.

Most times i wonder what the hell are you on about! :p
  • civ_eng_girlciv_eng_girl Posts: 2,001
    i haven't really thought about Shannon Hoon for years, but in an attempt to research a Slash halloween costume for this year, i watched the video for Don't Cry last night... strange timing... spooky.... :eek: :(
    ~~*~~ ...i surfaced and all of my being was enlightend... ~~*~~
  • HermanBloomHermanBloom Posts: 1,764
    Shannon was simply amazing and I almost cry every time I hear his voice and ache for what more could have been.
    SLC 11/2/95, Park City 6/21/98, Boise 11/3/00, Seattle 12/9/02, Vancouver 5/30/03, Gorge 9/1/05, Vancouver 9/2/05, Gorge 7/22/06, Gorge 7/23/06, Camden I 6/19/08, MSG I 6/24/08, MSG II 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield II 6/30/08; Eddie Albany 6/8/09, 6/9/09; Philly 10/30/09, 10/31/09; Boston 5/17/10
    I thought the world...Turns out the world thought me
    listened to some melon the other night,some of the songs on Nico are up there with best from either of the other two: All That I Need, Soup, Life Aint So Shitty............maybe my favourite of theirs is Sleepyhouse.