Band of Horses

SavedFuckerSavedFucker Posts: 215
edited March 2008 in Other Music
i got into them after reading that they had a similar sound to Built to Spill. i was immediately blown away. Great sound, great songwriting..lead singer has a similar tone as Jim James of My Morning Jacket

any other fans out there? or any info on how they sound live?
i'll trade you my tee shirt for a grilled cheese
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• jb13lettersjb13letters Posts: 220
    i got into them after reading that they had a similar sound to Built to Spill. i was immediately blown away. Great sound, great songwriting..lead singer has a similar tone as Jim James of My Morning Jacket

any other fans out there? or any info on how they sound live?

I'm a huge fan. They're a fantastic live band. I got to see them in Orlando last month. If they play anywhere near you, go. And get your tickets early, they sell out quick.
    Statistically speaking, you're more likely to be pitied by Mr. T than you are to have feet.
  • iamsampjiamsampj Posts: 784
    they are amazingness live!!! I'm going to see them next weekend in orlando AND tampa...thats how much I love them. their live show sounds just like their cd. and their quite hilarious, given that they don't have the flu :)
    yes...i do feel like a human. i do not feel like a tree.
  • Recently bought their albums. I'm loving the latest one. I've been playing that pretty regularly as of late. Hopefully they make it somewhere close in the near future.
    "Everyone is a patriot in some form or another.... i prefer the intelligent ones."

"She fell funny"

"Klaus Daimler, 40, engineer, calm, collected, German"
  • Uber Fan, love them , they are one of my favorite bands. saw them back in january and they were fucking amazing
    "I Will Scream my Lungs out 'til it fills this Room "

" I Will Feel Alive as Long as I am Free"

"Are We Getting SomeThing Out Of this All Encompassing Trip? Makes Much More Sense To Live In The Present Tense"

www.myspace.com/ehoff12982
  • ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    very good band indeed. Just listening to cease to begin this morning on the way to work. very nice sounds.
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • merkinballmerkinball Posts: 2,262
    I only have Cease to Begin, but it's gotten a lot of airplay. Not a bad track on the disc.
    "You're no help," he told the lime. This was unfair. It was only a lime; there was nothing special about it at all. It was doing the best it could.

http://www.last.fm/user/merkinball/
    spotify:user:merkinball
  • mark armmark arm Posts: 962
    they're just ok. The Sub Pop boys know how to hype a band.
    11/25/05 - Buenos Aires
    11/26/05 - Buenos Aires
    11/28/05 - Porto Alegre, BR
    06/01/07 - Sao Paulo, BR
    10/16/08 - Sao Paulo, BR
    10/17/08 - Sao Paulo, BR
    10/19/08 - Buenos Aires