Warren Zevon

SavedFuckerSavedFucker Posts: 215
edited April 2007 in Other Music
i know dave letterman is a huge fan of Zevon. i just recently got into him. i saw that he was friends with dr. hunter s. thompson and alot of his stuff is really good. he seemed like a reallly great guy...any other fans?
i'll trade you my tee shirt for a grilled cheese
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• sadprofessorsadprofessor Posts: 1,034
    Grandpa pissed his pants again, he don't give a damn...
    The Man has a branch office in each of our brains, his corporate emblem is a white albatross, each local rep has a cover known as the Ego, and their mission in this world is Bad Shit.
  • SavedFuckerSavedFucker Posts: 215
    Grandpa pissed his pants again, he don't give a damn...

haha god bless it...i heard the Drive-By Truckers cover that song...amazing
    i'll trade you my tee shirt for a grilled cheese
  • sadprofessorsadprofessor Posts: 1,034
    haha god bless it...i heard the Drive-By Truckers cover that song...amazing

Yeah their cover of it is just awesome... I have seen them do it twice, the first time they just ripped into straight out of another song, I was kind of, um... trashed, and just started screaming along... it was only after the song that I actually stopped to think about what song it was.
    The Man has a branch office in each of our brains, his corporate emblem is a white albatross, each local rep has a cover known as the Ego, and their mission in this world is Bad Shit.
  • direwolf74direwolf74 Posts: 1,622
    His final album "The Wind" is one of the best albums I've ever heard. The entire thing just bleeds emotion.
    "I try my best to chug, stomp, weep, whisper, moan, wheeze, scat, blurt, rage, whine, and seduce. With my voice I can sound like a girl, the boogieman, a Theremin, a cherry bomb, a clown, a doctor, a murderer. I can be tribal. Ironic. Or disturbed. My voice is really my instrument."

-Tom Waits
  • brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    the shit has hit the fan.
  • bossman3188bossman3188 Posts: 263
    warren zevon is very good. in my mind, he really is the most underrated artist of all time
    there'll be time for laughin'
    there's no time to cry
    soon i will be leavin'
    look me in the eye
    no matter what's in front of me
    it's your face that i'll see
  • zircona1zircona1 Posts: 293
    Excitable Boy - great album.
    "As long as the music's loud enough, we won't hear the world falling apart."—Jubilee

"I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions." - George Carlin
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    Beck sorta reminds me of Warren Zevon....very quirky, and you never know what to expect next.

There was a special on VH1 about him recording his last album while he knew his time was short. Very emotional!