Peeping Tom.......there i said it!!

allmyrivalsallmyrivals Posts: 228
edited September 2006 in Other Music
I am just hooked on the new (7 years in the making) Mike Patton project.

I just can't get enough of it! Ihave been trying to get as many ppl as i can to pick this disc up .....

those who have heard it , what do you think?

and to those who haven't GO GET IT !! :-)
EVENFLOW PSYCHO #0031
WHAAHYEAH!!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Todd76Todd76 Posts: 1,469
    LOVING IT.....

it blows me away that this is Mike Pattons version of what he thinks pop music should/does sound like......he admits that he never listens to the radio - its obvious - this is pop music on crack

soooo many Mike Patton posts today....makes for a good day

EDIT: "I don't listen to the radio, but if I did, this is what I'd want it to sound like," Patton says of the project. "This is my version of pop music. In a way, this is an exercise for me: taking all these things I've learned over the years and putting them into a pop format."
    In my world everyone is a pony,
    and they all eat rainbows and pooh butterflies!
  • I like it and if anyone is gonna enjoy anything Patton this is probably as accessable as its gonna get.
  • I think it's great! Second best Patton band to Tomahawk! For me that says alot, cause everything the man does is great.
  • InkdaubInkdaub Posts: 235
    Peeping Tom is great. I agree this is about as accessable as Mike gets.
  • I think I posted this the last time Peeping Tom was discussed, but what the hell, I'll say it again. Any man who can get Norah Jones to say "motherfucker" on his record is clearly the man.
    "We've done really well with teenage death songs." -EV
  • sickwillie wrote:
    I think I posted this the last time Peeping Tom was discussed, but what the hell, I'll say it again. Any man who can get Norah Jones to say "motherfucker" on his record is clearly the man.

that is such a badass song
    Minneapolis 98, Chicago 00, San Fransisco 00, Fargo 03, Thunder Bay 05, St Paul 06 (night 2), Chicago 08 (EV) both nights

Don't it make you smile?
  • I downloaded "Sucker" from iTunes because Norah Jones saying "motherfucker" is really sexy, IMO.
    "As long as the music's loud enough, we won't hear the world falling apart."—Jubilee

"I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions." - George Carlin
  • did anyone catch peeping tom on conan a couple of months back? i don't know the title of the song they played, but it had a chorus of "roll it up and smoke it again" and it was fuckin' badass.

Thats the single "Mojo" theres actually a video for that song but it was kind of lame. the song though is great.
  • And they're opening for The Who!

Wow, I want to witness that.
    "If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done"

If you can't get high on purely music and the sounds that you hear, you're missing out on something.
  • great album....my fav tracks are '5 seconds', 'mojo', 'your neighborhood spaceman' and 'we're not alone'....but when is mike patton ever not completely awesome?
  • Dear Mike Patton,

Quick fucking around and get Faith No More back together.

Thanks,

Everybody
    09/12/92-Irvine, 11/05/93-Indio, 06/24/95-San Fran, 11/06/95-SD, 11/07/95-SD, 7/13/98-LA, 07/14/98-LA, 10/25/00-SD, 10/28/00-Devore, 06/02/03-Irvine, 06/05/03-SD, 06/06/03-LV, 10/28/03-Santa Barbara, 09/02/05-Vancouver, 06/24/06-Cincy, 07/06/06-LV, 07/07/06-SD, 07/09/06-LA, 07/10/06-LA, 07/13/06-SB
  • pr4mojo1 wrote:
    Dear Mike Patton,

Thanks,

Everybody

lol
    "...follow the strangest tribe..." - pj

www.flickr.com/photos/vainch

http://loveanddestruction.blogspot.com/

http://www.davidveentjer.com
  • ramspamramspam Posts: 130
    pr4mojo1 wrote:
    Dear Mike Patton,

Thanks,

Everybody
    If any Patton band needs to get back its Mr Bungle, FNM are awesome too but we need Mr Bungle more. But neither are gonna happen..:(
    Only fools have signatures...

+--+-Official Upcoming Australasian Tour:Member #20-+--+
  • eleonoraeleonora Posts: 3,198
    ramspam wrote:
    If any Patton band needs to get back its Mr Bungle, FNM are awesome too but we need Mr Bungle more. But neither are gonna happen..:(
    FNM is one of my favorite bands ever!!!!

I want they come back please!!

I also like Mr bungle, California always seems to me awesome!

come back come back come back :D
    " You, you are so special
    You have the talent to
    Make me feel like dirt
    And you, you use your
    Talent to dig me under
    And cover me with dirt.."
  • InkdaubInkdaub Posts: 235
    FNM has a better chance of getting back together than Bungle. Patton and Spruance seem to seriously dislike one another. FNM split fairly amicably as far as I know. They'd need a guitar player, though, as I don't see Jim Martin coming back and Spruance would be out. Maybe that Hudson guy. I bet Paul Leary would be a great FNM guitarist.
  • eleonoraeleonora Posts: 3,198
    Inkdaub wrote:
    FNM has a better chance of getting back together than Bungle. Patton and Spruance seem to seriously dislike one another. FNM split fairly amicably as far as I know. They'd need a guitar player, though, as I don't see Jim Martin coming back and Spruance would be out. Maybe that Hudson guy. I bet Paul Leary would be a great FNM guitarist.
    I hope God Patton hears what you`re saying
    I want to see that band again :)
    " You, you are so special
    You have the talent to
    Make me feel like dirt
    And you, you use your
    Talent to dig me under
    And cover me with dirt.."
  • pr4mojo1 wrote:
    Dear Mike Patton,

Thanks,

Everybody

lol

Patton was fucking around when he was still in FNM. FNM was like his "side project". lol But I see your point. FNM was such a good band. Angel Dust stil blows me away.
    "If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done"

If you can't get high on purely music and the sounds that you hear, you're missing out on something.