Options

No more A Perfect Circle ....

allmyrivalsallmyrivals Posts: 228
edited April 2006 in Other Music
It seems A Perfect Circle are done ....acording to a recent TOOL interview in a french magazine.....

being a big fan...i wish i would have seen them live before they called it quits .....
EVENFLOW PSYCHO #0031
WHAAHYEAH!!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    If that means Maynard intends to dedicate himself to Tool fully, then I won't be upset over that.

Oh, wouldn't it be nice if Tool started to produce albums with frequency.
    "It's not British music, it's American music. Now c'mon." -Bob Dylan
  • Options
    murph83murph83 Posts: 122
    I would like to see another APC album, i hope this isn't the end.
  • Options
    Oh, JimmyOh, Jimmy Posts: 957
    They still plan on recordin a little, but no tours or album releases. Billy Howerdell is expected to find a new singer or start his solo career.

Maynard is supposed gonna work with Puscifier in the down time now.

Tool only want to release an album every 5 years or so. There is not enough time for change between albums if they release more often.

Also, Adam Jones is tired of people calling Tool Maynard's band. It's his band. I think he seems like the coolest guy in the band. He should be the leader.

Oh yeah, look for one more Tool album before the breakup. They have one album left on their contract. In 7 or 8 years the member are gonna be 50.
  • Options
    not4u10not4u10 Posts: 238
    I saw A Perfect Circle on their last tour and thought they were awesome. I hope they have a change of heart. While both bands are great, I like them a little better than I like Tool.
    08/28/98-09/01/00-12/08/02-12/09/02-04/28/03-05/03/03-07/05/03-07/06/03-07/08/03-07/09/03-07/12/03-10/01/04-10/03/05-05/13/06-05/27/06-05/28/06-06/01/06-06/03/06-06/19/08-06/25/08-10/28/09-10/31/09-05/17/10-10/19/13-10/21/13-10/27/13-4/28/16
  • Options
    hodgehodge Posts: 519
    Oh, Jimmy wrote:
    Also, Adam Jones is tired of people calling Tool Maynard's band. It's his band. I think he seems like the coolest guy in the band. He should be the leader.

i think you had your sarcasm detector turned off when you read this from the guitarworld article
    ..and you will come to find that we are all one mind, capable of all that's imagined and all conceivable
  • Options
    depploverdepplover Posts: 189
    really? i hope thats not true.. i love APC!
    5/09/06, 5/10/06 - FUCKIN AMAZING!!!!
  • Options
    gtbrown77gtbrown77 Posts: 140
    Maybe this is an indicator that James Iha has rejoined the Pumpkins.....
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."
    -John Lennon
  • Options
    hodgehodge Posts: 519
    gtbrown77 wrote:

good call, seems plausible
    ..and you will come to find that we are all one mind, capable of all that's imagined and all conceivable
  • Options
    That sucks. Never got to see them live either. Guess I'll just have to keep listening to Thirteenth Step.
  • Options
    depploverdepplover Posts: 189
    5/09/06, 5/10/06 - FUCKIN AMAZING!!!!
  • Options
    Oh, Jimmy wrote:
    They still plan on recordin a little, but no tours or album releases. Billy Howerdell is expected to find a new singer or start his solo career.

Maynard is supposed gonna work with Puscifier in the down time now.

Tool only want to release an album every 5 years or so. There is not enough time for change between albums if they release more often.

Oh yeah, look for one more Tool album before the breakup. They have one album left on their contract. In 7 or 8 years the member are gonna be 50.
    Wow, you seem to be all knowing. Are you psychic? Can you tell me my future please?
    Life reveals what is dealt through seasons
    Circle comes around each time
  • Options
    haffajappahaffajappa British Columbia Posts: 5,955
    i saw APC live at a small venue and it was AMAZING :)
    i was supposed to go a second time but maynard got sick, and cancelled vancouver.

i hope its not the end for them, everyone should get the oppertunity to see them live i really enjoyed it and hopefully will be able to enjoy some more in the future.
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • Options
    EvvoEvvo Posts: 193
    gtbrown77 wrote:

i hope so. cant get enough of the mellon collie album today

http://www.smashingpumpkins.com !!!! =D
  • Options
    mrwalkerbmrwalkerb Posts: 1,015
    gtbrown77 wrote:

the only positve thing about the smashing pumpkins reforming is the end of Billy corgan's crap side and solo projects. Can't bands fucking break up any more? if I had the choice I would let teh pumpkins lie and put out another APC record. But I don't so shit
    "I'm not suicidal, except when I drink. That's why we don't all drink at the same time, there'd be no-one alive to drive home..."
    Chris Cornell

http://www.myspace.com/mrwalkerb
  • Options
    danedane Posts: 1,062
    No more a perfect circle? Ah man, this is so not fair. That always happens to me. Just when I "discover" a new band and start digging them, they either brake up or I find out that the singer died in the 90's. :(
    Roskilde 30-06-00
    Berlin 23-09-06
    Copenhagen 26-06-07
    :-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-
    "This is not wine that I'm drinking tonight. This is Gatorade!" EV-Copenhagen 26-06-07
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    Oh, Jimmy wrote:

what makes you think he's not?
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    Oh, JimmyOh, Jimmy Posts: 957
    I dont think he is being sarcastic. I think he is just tired of people thinkin its Maynard's band, as I am sure alotta people do. Thats what I gathered from it.
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    yes, and a lot of people were of the opinion that APC was maynard's band as well.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    MarkBMarkB Posts: 115
    i want APC back
  • Options
    loucifaloucifa Posts: 42
    was able to see APC once.. very good show but personally dig the Tool sound more. APC will be missed .
    2008-06-28\\2008-06-30\\2006-05-25\\2006-05-24\\2006-05-13\\2005-10-03\\
    2004-09-28\\2004-09-29\\2003-07-11\\2003-07-02\\2003-07-03\\2000-08-29\\
    2000-08-30\\1998-09-16\\1998-09-15\\1996-09-26\\
  • Options
    genevievegenevieve Posts: 1,203
    I would love to see APC do one more album.
    But it does seem like the members all have other things on the go.
    So Im glad they arent spreading themselves too thin.

What? APC isnt Maynards band?

hehehehehe

I love Billy. :D
    the person below me smells like cat pee and raisins...