Nick Cave - Dig Lazarus Dig

ManimalManimal Posts: 152
edited April 2008 in Other Music
I just picked this album up this weekend and love it. It is so catchy. I haven't given much listen to the middle section of the cd yet. I'm too hung up with Dig Lazaurs Dig, Midnight Man and More news from nowhere.

Anyone else get a listen yet?
DVD: http://db.etree.org/Manimal
Posters: www.expressobeans.com/trader.php?id=Manimal&view=4
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• It's good stuff. More News from Nowhere, We Call Upon the Author, Albert Goes West are the stand out track to me. I need to give the disc a few more spins, but I like what I'm hearing.
  • AlBorlandAlBorland Posts: 117
    excellent album! the band sounds excellent and cave's writing is so disturbingly awesome.
    Skeletons ain't got nowhere to stick their money.
  • glasshouseglasshouse Posts: 1,762
    i got this album last night. i'm a bit disappointed after the first listen.
    but, the jury is still out on this one.
    Athens, Greece: 2006/09/30

"Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world." Herman Melville : Moby Dick
  • OutOfBreathOutOfBreath Posts: 1,804
    A step down from his last release. Which makes this just pretty good overall.
    But Abbatoir etc really is one of my favorite albums ever, that would be hard for anyone, even Cave himself, to repeat.

As for "Dig", I like the mellow tracks the best actually. Looking forward to seeing him live in a month. :)

Peace
    Dan
    "YOU [humans] NEED TO BELIEVE IN THINGS THAT AREN'T TRUE. HOW ELSE CAN THEY BECOME?" - Death

"Every judgment teeters on the brink of error. To claim absolute knowledge is to become monstrous. Knowledge is an unending adventure at the edge of uncertainty." - Frank Herbert, Dune, 1965