Options

Tool Info Today?

drew0drew0 Posts: 943
edited January 2006 in Other Music
This little blurp was in the Tool article released awhile ago,

"Anyway, other than the possible release of David Gilmour's new solo album and Kat's birthday, the March date everyone keeps emailing me about means nothing to me (or anyone else that I asked). I don't even think it has anything to do with the UK release of the DVD Schism and Parabol(a) singles, but I suppose that could be the case if they haven't already been released there. Somebody will let me know - that much I'm sure of (January 23?)."

Anyone else thinking we might her info today?!
Pittsburgh 6/23/06
Madison Square Garden 6/25/08
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    LBC1076LBC1076 Posts: 224
    I figure that April is about when we should expect the new album. April seems to be the month to watch for some really good music.
  • Options
    Oh, JimmyOh, Jimmy Posts: 957
    Their new newsletter is posted at toolband website. At the very end there is a Oiuja board puzzle to figure out the release date of the live dvd. I am not sure but it looks like April for that. I am confident that the album will come out on June 6 (06-06-06).
  • Options
    they are doing a promo tour
    Run to the hills
    run for your life
  • Options
    TOOL PROMO TOUR

As it now stands, in a few weeks (mid-February) the members of the band (except for Adam) and their manager will be traveling to parts of Europe, England, Japan and Australia on a bit of a promo tour, meaning that they will be meeting with record company people and doing various interviews with the press in order to promote their new record and upcoming tours. Although any press releases are usually timed to coincide with the release of the record, there will undoubtedly be leaks, so those of you who scour the internet should be on the lookout around this time. As the others field questions and deal with promo issues abroad, Adam will remain in Los Angeles to direct the new Tool video.
    Run to the hills
    run for your life
  • Options
    TOOL PROMO TOUR

As it now stands, in a few weeks (mid-February) the members of the band (except for Adam) and their manager will be traveling to parts of Europe, England, Japan and Australia on a bit of a promo tour, meaning that they will be meeting with record company people and doing various interviews with the press in order to promote their new record and upcoming tours. Although any press releases are usually timed to coincide with the release of the record, there will undoubtedly be leaks, so those of you who scour the internet should be on the lookout around this time. As the others field questions and deal with promo issues abroad, Adam will remain in Los Angeles to direct the new Tool video.

Sweet info Drifting. Thanks.
  • Options
    hodgehodge Posts: 519
    the album will most likely come out april (perhaps the 11th)
    with the live DVD coming out 6/06 which is the time Alex Grey's book comes out about working with TOOL on the tour
    ..and you will come to find that we are all one mind, capable of all that's imagined and all conceivable
  • Options
    hodge wrote:
    the album will most likely come out april (perhaps the 11th)
    with the live DVD coming out 6/06 which is the time Alex Grey's book comes out about working with TOOL on the tour

If you do the Ouija board thing from the newsletter it points to the 4 then goes to 6. 4-4-06 falls on a Tuesday. If you have no idea what I am talking about, go to http://www.toolband.com and go to the end of the newsletter.
  • Options
    genevievegenevieve Posts: 1,203
    When I read that whole thing last week and did the Ouija board thing I thought to myself...

Holy shit if this was posted on the Pit here people would freak right out!
    I thought it was great. I wouldnt be pissed, I think its really creative and gives you some insight into the bands ideas and religion.

Being Pagan though I scratched my head thinking most of this stuff is waaaay over the heads if an average Tool fan.
    the person below me smells like cat pee and raisins...
  • Options
    genevieve wrote:
    When I read that whole thing last week and did the Ouija board thing I thought to myself...

Holy shit if this was posted on the Pit here people would freak right out!
    I thought it was great. I wouldnt be pissed, I think its really creative and gives you some insight into the bands ideas and religion.

Being Pagan though I scratched my head thinking most of this stuff is waaaay over the heads if an average Tool fan.

I didn't read most of it. I read the question and answer rumor pit sorta thing.
    What did you gather from the Ouija board thing.
  • Options
    It just goes very in depth into some ceremonial magick.

I just thought it was hilarious how cryptic it was and if some people dont get straight facts and obvious timelines around here they freak right out. Good job Tool.
  • Options
    genevieve wrote:
    It just goes very in depth into some ceremonial magick.

I just thought it was hilarious how cryptic it was and if some people dont get straight facts and obvious timelines around here they freak right out. Good job Tool.

I plan on readin all that sooner than later. Could you decipher the puzzle, or was that just somethin to throw people off.
  • Options
    That is great news. I hope they tour soon. Maynard Rocks!
  • Options
    I'm just glad that Tool's finally giving us some news this year on the album. We've been waiting forever for it and the new Pearl Jam!!
    "Darth Vader would say 'Impressive'."

-Eddie Vedder

6/24/06 Cincinatti, Ohio
    6/14/08 Manchester, Tennessee
  • Options
    Oh, Jimmy wrote:
    I plan on readin all that sooner than later. Could you decipher the puzzle, or was that just somethin to throw people off.

It wasnt a puzzle but instead a ritual.
    Nothing to decipher, just lots of syudying if you dont know the terms.
    The Ouija board thing was cool though.
  • Options
    hodgehodge Posts: 519
    they just got announced to the Rokkslide festival lineup this year
    ..and you will come to find that we are all one mind, capable of all that's imagined and all conceivable
  • Options
    genevieve wrote:
    It wasnt a puzzle but instead a ritual.
    Nothing to decipher, just lots of syudying if you dont know the terms.
    The Ouija board thing was cool though.

If you read it it says to look to the Ouija to possibly find the release date of the live dvd.
  • Options
    JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    hodge wrote:
    they just got announced to the Rokkslide festival lineup this year

http://www.roskilde-festival.dk/object.php?obj=539000c&base=49f82e7e&Letter=alle&code=1

Along with Fanz Ferdinand and Kanye West... how peculiar!
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    Interesting...
    I doubt Tool and Kanye will be back to back though! ;)
  • Options
    VEDHEAD27VEDHEAD27 Posts: 3,091
    Mmm TOOL news!

*drools*

I agree, I thought the Ouija board idea was really cool & creative. Damn this band is fuckin awesome. I'm beyond excited (like everyone else) for the new material and soooooooooo looking forward to FINALLY witnessing this "holy experience" live. :eek: :D It's long overdue.

Funny that everyone is referencing the numbers 4 & 6. A local DJ just played Stinkfist tonight and when it was done he was talking about "new Tool" and how we don't have to wait much longer cuze it should be coming our way in 4-6 weeks. Just thought that was kinda funny after reading this. :p

Anyways, Roskilde huh? Wow.
    .......they can't get here soon enough! :D
    ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤

"Lo√e, you know the word
    ...YOU invented it!" ~ E√

¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤
    ...::STONE--YOU--OWN!::...
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
  • Options
    VEDHEAD27 wrote:
    Mmm TOOL news!

*drools*

I agree, I thought the Ouija board idea was really cool & creative. Damn this band is fuckin awesome. I'm beyond excited (like everyone else) for the new material and soooooooooo looking forward to FINALLY witnessing this "holy experience" live. :eek: :D It's long overdue.

Funny that everyone is referencing the numbers 4 & 6. A local DJ just played Stinkfist tonight and when it was done he was talking about "new Tool" and how we don't have to wait much longer cuze it should be coming our way in 4-6 weeks. Just thought that was kinda funny after reading this. :p

Anyways, Roskilde huh? Wow.
    .......they can't get here soon enough! :D

I am lookin for alotta big tour announcements in february. It seems like this is gonna be a year where I spend too much on goin to shows. Hopefully my band can get some regular gigs rollin in to fund it. I figure for every show we play, I can catch a show. Although, we may be supportin Pygmy Love Circus in the late summer.
    It's in the very preliminary stages right now. We gotta get a solid demo first.
  • Options
    Ive seen Tool live only once. But Ive seen A perfect circle 3 times.
    Ive never been dissapionted with either bands performances.

A Tool tour will be awsome. Last ime you could barely see Maynard
    cause he was sorta behind the rest of the band in this body suit on a turntable.
    Very wierd and almost creepy. I loved how at that show you didnt have to
    just watch the band or Maynard cause of the giant Tv screens on either side of the stage.
    Apparently they are working on a video for this new single too.
    I just wish it was easier to see these videos cause Im still waiting to catch a glimpse of
    the last QOTSA video on a music channel.
  • Options
    A few blurbs from toolband.com:

03 Feb 06

RELEASE DATES NOT OFFICIAL
    Although there are lots of release dates being bandied about, NONE are official as of this posting. However, in all likelihood, the CD will be released sometime in MAY, and hopefully earlier in that month as opposed to later. As soon as the date becomes official (or, as soon as I'm told that it's official) I will post it on the site, and then some of you can respond that it's old news.

BMB

01 Feb 06

TOOL PERFORMING AT COACHELLA FESTIVAL
    Some of you may have heard that TOOL will be headlining the Coachella Festival the last weekend in April. This is now official. I'll have more information about this in the coming days.

BMB

01 Feb 06

TOOL RECORD MASTERED
    Salma stopped dancing on January 29th. The next morning the members of the band flew to Portland, Maine to have the record mastered by Bob Ludwig. This was done on January 31, no doubt followed by a lobster dinner.

BMB