Options

On screwing my friends, should I?

PopeOfChiliTownPopeOfChiliTown Posts: 14
edited March 2008 in The Porch
Well, here's the thing: I plan on going to both MSG shows using the trusty tenclub. But now I have a few of friends who want to come along to one of the shows, they're not huge fans and probably wont go unless I go with them. So, should I say screw them, and get 10club tix for both nights for myself, or only get 10club tix for one night and go through ticket master for the other? keep in mind, of course, that tickmaster seats for 4 people will probably be miles up and away from 10club seats.

I'm just looking for a general consensus.
days will keep moving along. it doesnt really make a difference if you're well, sick, crazy or boring. the days will keep moving despite you and your small life. the point is to make each day that surrounds your life as big as possible.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    DPrival78DPrival78 CT Posts: 2,259
    they're not huge fans

screw 'em. who needs friends like that?
    i'm more a fan of popular bands.. like the bee-gees, pearl jam
  • Options
    DaytimeDilemmaDaytimeDilemma Posts: 2,008
    Buy through the 10c then hold some sort of competition among your friends where the winner gets the other 10c tic.

My suggetion: plant the 10c tix in a shipment of candy bars and see who is a true fan.
  • Options
    id buy one ten club and go the rest with your mates....youll prob find you enjoy it more with company
  • Options
    Kel VarnsenKel Varnsen Posts: 1,951
    Well, here's the thing: I plan on going to both MSG shows using the trusty tenclub. But now I have a few of friends who want to come along to one of the shows, they're not huge fans and probably wont go unless I go with them. So, should I say screw them, and get 10club tix for both nights for myself, or only get 10club tix for one night and go through ticket master for the other? keep in mind, of course, that tickmaster seats for 4 people will probably be miles up and away from 10club seats.

If you buy 10club tickets for both nights, why can't a different friend come with you on each night using your second ticket?
  • Options
    nuzpapernuzpaper Posts: 211
    screw your friends and bring someone from the board who gets shut out.
    Toronto 96, Barrie 98, Toronto 00, Toronto 03, Ottawa 05, Toronto 05, Toronto 06, Toronto 06, Denver 06, Denver 06, Chicago 07, New York 08, New York 08...I'm just getting started
  • Options
    If you buy 10club tickets for both nights, why can't a different friend come with you on each night using your second ticket?

problem is there's 3 friends, so someone's gonna get left out in the cold.
    days will keep moving along. it doesnt really make a difference if you're well, sick, crazy or boring. the days will keep moving despite you and your small life. the point is to make each day that surrounds your life as big as possible.
  • Options
    DaytimeDilemmaDaytimeDilemma Posts: 2,008
    screw the board and bring one of your friends who doesn't give a shit about PJ*.
  • Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,942
    go with your friends for one show man!!! it will be fun, dont deny them the jam. its in your power for you to decide whether they see them or not. thats a no brainer. spread the jam.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I '24
  • Options
    abramowpabramowp Posts: 15

i'd go with that one. even if there is 4 of you if they aren't big fans 1 shouldn't mind not being "that close" and they would get better seats just trying to get a pair rather than 4 together.
  • Options
    Long Answer:
    I'm in the same boat. But there's no problem. I"m taking a different person both nights, that are really into the band or I really want to go with. If they're your friends, you should be able to say "Hey dude, sorry. This is what I'm doing and why..."

Short Answer: Screw 'em.
  • Options
    go with your friends for one show man!!! it will be fun, dont deny them the jam. its in your power for you to decide whether they see them or not. thats a no brainer. spread the jam.

yea this is probably the best way to go. im thinkin i'll go with 10club for the first show, since the second show will probably have more tenclubbers, therefore giving me a shot at better seats the first night. and the second night, i'll just have to deal with ticketmaster seats.

yea. i like to plan things out.
  • Options
    go with ticketmaster seats both nights so it's easier for me to get 10c seats
    4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/8/03, 7/14/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 9/15/05, 9/16/05, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 10/3/05, 5/4/06, 5/12/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/3/06, 6/23/06, 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/30/08, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/18/10
  • Options
    A friend in need is a pest.
    Noblesville 6/03
    Toledo 10/04
    Grand Rapids 10/04
    Grand Rapids 5/06
    Cleveland 5/06
    Cincinnati 6/06
    *hopefully sometime before I die* Noblesville

Songs I'm hoping to hear live: Nothingman, In My Tree, Indifference, and Animal
  • Options
    UKpearljammerUKpearljammer Bath, UK Posts: 910
    I had the same dilema in 2003, there were 3 of us travelling from the UK, I coulda had sweet tix with my TC number being 32,### but wanted us all to be together. We ended up behind the stage and had an amazing time, it didn't matter the fact we had average seats it was just being there and together. Looking back though, tix were quite cheap maybe I shoulda got the TC tix as well and tried to sneak the other in with us. It'd be easy if you got 2 tix, one stays and the other goes out with the 2 tix. As long as you can live with maybe pissing a few peeps off around you, you should be okay.
    My PJ shows:
    London 28/10/96, Las Vegas 11/7/98, London 29/5/00, Nurnburg 11/6/00, Prague 14/6/00, Salzburg 18/6/00, Verona 20/6/00, Milan 22/6/00, Zurich 23/6/00, New York 8-9/7/03, Boston 11/7/03, Reading Festival 27/8/06, Shepards Bush 11/8/09, Berlin 15/8/09, Manchester 17/8/09, London 18/8/09, Dublin 22/6/10, Belfast 23/6/10, London (HRC) 25/6/10, Alpine Valley (PJ20) 3-4/9/11, Manchester 20-21/6/12, Leeds 8/7/14, Milton Keynes 11/7/14 To be continued....
  • Options
    rhinomagicrhinomagic Charlottesville, VA Posts: 2,549
    Be careful in screwing your friends. At least use protection.

You don't know who they've been screwing...

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736

when it comes to PEARL JAM and the selection of frenz going to the shows with u are NOT other PEARL JAM fans.........SCREW THEM!!! They could possibly ruin your night by complaining or getting way too drunk and acted retarded or other stuff if u ended up sitting with them.
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    cuyler41cuyler41 Posts: 383
    I'd take one friend with me for each night. Throw there names in a hat or somehting. If they don't like it , screw em ! :P