is the new alice in chains worth it?

drew0drew0 Posts: 943
edited September 2006 in Other Music
a couple friends and i are talking of going, but i dont want to be dissapointed. how is it - they put on a good show, or is it a lame excuse for a reunion? just wondering what to expect, and if its worth the money.
Pittsburgh 6/23/06
Madison Square Garden 6/25/08
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    drew0 wrote:
    a couple friends and i are talking of going, but i dont want to be dissapointed. how is it - they put on a good show, or is it a lame excuse for a reunion? just wondering what to expect, and if its worth the money.
    I asked the same question awhile back, and alot of people seem to like it. I have decided not to go, only because the who was coming and I opted to see them, and then I just got Peter Frampton tix. None of my friends like AIC so I would be going alone anyway. I think you'll find that most of the people have been heavily supporting the new AIC and the reviews I have read have been really good.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • JD SalJD Sal Posts: 790
    I got tickets for the Electric Factory show in October.

I haven't seen the new AIC yet, but I've heard nothing but good things.
    "If no one sees you, you're not here at all"
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    It is Jerry Cantrell... you should go.

I have not seen AIC, but I've seen jerry three times solo and William was with him all three times as the rythme guitar player and as the back up singer/ sing layne's parts when they did AIC covers and it was awesome then.

I'm checkin AIC out on 10/10 i think if you are a fan of the band you should get tickets ASAP before they sell out.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • i saw them at starland ballroom and they only played 17 songs. this was before their tour, and it was amazing. now imagine how good it will be with all the special effects in the background, layne montage, oh and playing so far 21-24 songs per concert. i can guaretee this is a great reunion. they wipped out a few songs the have never played live before, and ontop of that they played sludge factory unplugged at their second show!

highlights so far:
    what the hell have i
    grind
    frogs
    dont follow
    nutshell
    brother
    over now
    heaven beside you
    bleed the freak
    sludge factory unplugged.

you be the judge.
  • You should go, thay are still amazing and William is really good.
    Astoria 20/04/06, Leeds 25/08/06, Prague 22/09/06, Wembley 18/06/07,
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

Ain't gonna be any middle anymore.
  • has anyone heard if there will be any releases(CD/DVD) coming from this reunion? Those of us in parts of the US where they won't come tour(NM) would love to hear/see the reunion.
    I am Jack, The Pumpkin King!
    The eyes are the groin of the head.
  • will there be a DVD/CD release from this reunion tour?
    I am Jack, The Pumpkin King!
    The eyes are the groin of the head.
  • Yes it is worth going to. Granted William isn't Layne but he does a great job of the vocals. Well worth spending money on :)
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • You should go, thay are still amazing and William is really good.
    ^^

I agree.

I'm really looking forward to seeing them when they wheel around my area :cool:
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    ALICE IN CHAINS
    Monday, November 27th
    Wiltern LG

Here are the details:
    . Friday (9/29) at 10am log on to: Alice in Chains Pre Sale
    . If the above links do not open a Ticketmaster screen on your computer, log on to http://www.Ticketmaster.com
    • Search Alice in Chains
    • Select November 27th-The Wiltern LG
    . In the KROQ Presale Password box enter: BOX
    . Tickets are $39.50 plus service charges.
    . There is an 8 ticket limit
    . You will need a major credit card.
    . Pre-sale ends Friday (9/29) at 10pm, or when the pre-sale ticket allocation is gone
    . As with all internet ticket sales, there may be an initial surge of people on the system. Please keep trying, it may take several attempts.
    . If you are unable to buy tickets during the pre-sale, you can still try and buy them during the public on-sale Saturday, Sept. 30th at 10am, at all Ticketmaster locations, Charge By Phone (213-480-3232 or 714-740-2000), or Ticketmaster.com
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life