O.A.R. - Hammerstein Ballroom

drew0drew0 Posts: 943
edited August 2006 in Other Music
A friend just gave me a copy to this, but I don't know their work that well. Is this a good performance, by their standards, and is it a good introduction to the band? No 'O.A.R. Sucks!', but I would like to hear from OAR fans.
Pittsburgh 6/23/06
Madison Square Garden 6/25/08
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,761
    It should give you a decent idea as to what the band is like live. They left out a lot of songs on the DVD which are on the 2 disc concert CD. I think they will be putting out another live album this fall, with DVD to hopefully understand where they are now. I know a lot of people on this board hate O.A.R., but I have really grown to liking them. The only thing that sucks is the fanbase, but the musicianship live is top notch
  • rizzdaddyrizzdaddy Posts: 262
    I used to hate O.A.R. just because of all the douchebags I saw that liked them during high school. I gave them a chance after high school and now they are one of my favorite bands, saw them live about 4 months ago and the show was amazing. The newest CD is the best IMO. so if you are new to O.A.R. I would suggest "Stories of a Stranger"
    08-19-08 (Riverside Theater) Vedder(Solo) Milwaukee, WI
    07-02-11 (Orpheum Theatre) Vedder(Solo) Minneapolis, MN
  • NitroNitro Posts: 265
    I am also a big OAR fan. For classic OAR pick up "Risen", and as mentioned, "Stories of A Stranger" is very good as well. For live OAR the "Any Time Now" double CD is what you would probably like as well.

As much as I enjoy their music I would also echo what was said in that I can't go to their shows anymore. It's a bunch of absolutely WASTED high school kids stumbling and puking all over and what not...and it's just not fun anymore.

They do put on a good show though. Crowd is just annoying. Hope this helps.