Ozzfest's Groundbreaking Announcement

drew0drew0 Posts: 943
edited February 2007 in Other Music
Well, I was wondering what this "historic" announcement could possibly be. I pondered, and thought of some ideas...but this had me beat.

Ozzfest this year will be...free.

I applaud and cheer Ozzy & Sharon, a wonderful move on their part.
Pittsburgh 6/23/06
Madison Square Garden 6/25/08
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Yeah I am excited about this news. Now I'm just curious who will be headlining it besides Ozzy.
  • even flow?even flow? Posts: 8,066
    I heard Heaven & Hell are headlining the show.
    You've changed your place in this world!
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Not in a million years would I have guessed Sharon and Ozzy would have a free ozzfest. Good for them. Now lets see what kind of hoops you have to jump through on their sponsors web site to get the "Free" tickets.

rumor is AIC might headline some of the nights. If that is so and they have a couple other good bands i might actually try I've never been to Ozzfest before.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    intodeep wrote:
    Not in a million years would I have guessed Sharon and Ozzy would have a free ozzfest. Good for them. Now lets see what kind of hoops you have to jump through on their sponsors web site to get the "Free" tickets.

rumor is AIC might headline some of the nights. If that is so and they have a couple other good bands i might actually try I've never been to Ozzfest before.
    same here. I may actually go, as for the tickets actually being "free" I'm not so sure. There has got to be a catch 22 in this somewhere that makes us pay somebody something I'm sure.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    red mos wrote:
    same here. I may actually go, as for the tickets actually being "free" I'm not so sure. There has got to be a catch 22 in this somewhere that makes us pay somebody something I'm sure.

It looks like you will have to visit sponsors sites and jump through hoops and do little games for the sponsors in order to obtain those free tickets.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • even flow? wrote:
    I heard Heaven & Hell are headlining the show.

lol... yeah, and then maybe velvet revolver can open for guns n' roses.

seriously though, i was kinda hoping they'd announce some bands today.

this thing about free tickets through sponsor sites confuses the hell out of me. definitely seems too good to be true.
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,213
    The one downside I can think of is ticket distribution. You can either:

1) Send out the free tix once fans do whatever they need to do. Tix then promptly show up on eBay.

2) Try to circumvent scalpers and set it up as will call only. Then it's a massive clusterfuck when the will call window is 7 blocks long.

I hope for their sake that they have thought this through. If I were a gambling man, I'd be betting heavily on #1.
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    If the ozzfest audience wasn't already scary enough, now it will get scarier!, but I am glad that those who can't afford tickets will now have the chance to attend.

Think of how many sponsors you will have to put up with....sometimes its better to just pay!

The website says you will have to go to sponsor websites to get tickets.....I wonder how many hoops people will have to jump through......the average OZZFest date grosses around $600,000, so I bet the sponsors are really going to expect a lot if they will be funding such a large amount per show.

It will be interesting to see how it turns out!
  • JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    If the ozzfest audience wasn't already scary enough, now it will get scarier!

high school kids aren't scary...

...except for the ones who think avenged sevenfold and linkin park are actually metal bands.
  • Whoops I just started a thread on this. Should have looked first.
    www.myspace.com/olafvonmastadon