• Options
    pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    I would love for them to play Summerfest here in Milwaukee
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • Options
    stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    Seriously? I see them as the precursers of Oasis. That's certainly where Liam got his posturing and I see a lot of similarities in their song construction and guitar orchestration.

Absolutely LOVE The Stone Roses.I like Oasis,but listen to T.S.R. much much more than Oasis.They were heavily influenced by them.Ian Brown is awful on his own though.The Roses were always John Squires band.He held them together.They were astonishing live.
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • Options
    stargirl69 wrote:
    Absolutely LOVE The Stone Roses.I like Oasis,but listen to T.S.R. much much more than Oasis.They were heavily influenced by them.Ian Brown is awful on his own though.The Roses were always John Squires band.He held them together.They were astonishing live.

I agree on Ian Brown - his solo work is a little patchy to say the least. I have tickets to see him later this year - I'm just going because I know he'll do stone roses songs. John Squire is an amzing guitarist... but explain the Seahorses? Even with Noel and liam's support, that turd couldn't be polished!
  • Options
    I agree on Ian Brown - his solo work is a little patchy to say the least. I have tickets to see him later this year - I'm just going because I know he'll do stone roses songs. John Squire is an amzing guitarist... but explain the Seahorses? Even with Noel and liam's support, that turd couldn't be polished!

LOL.I actually quite liked the Seahorses (black affronted :) ) until I bought their album!
  • Options
    Ach I suppose they were alright, and to be honest I have not heard them since I saw them at T in the park. They certainly weren't what you would expect from the great guitarist of the Stoen Roses debut, but I suppose it was nearly 10 years later. I believe he's now very happy as an artist.
  • Options
    Ach I suppose they were alright, and to be honest I have not heard them since I saw them at T in the park. They certainly weren't what you would expect from the great guitarist of the Stoen Roses debut, but I suppose it was nearly 10 years later. I believe he's now very happy as an artist.

Ahh just got your Signature.You are a Scot (tish) person in Amsterdam not Scot from Amsterdam.Or maybe a Scottish Scott who happens to be in Amsterdam.:)I saw them at T to.In the tent (King Tuts poss?) when was that?98/99 something like that.I thought they were good so bought the album and then though I had maybe dreamt it had been a good gig or was more pissed/stoned than I thought.The singer Chris? John Squire found him busking didn't he.Wonder if he went back to it :)
    Squires is a great guitarist,often overlooked in favour of more "rock" guitarist's as is the great Johnny Marr overlooked in guitarist polls to.
  • Options
    I'm Neil. I live in Amsterdam. I'm orginally from Ayrshire. My memory has them playing early on the main stage probably 1998....... but I have similar memory problems.

A little browse on the ole' wikipedias tells me that your memory is better than mine, he was called chris:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Helme

and he's now in a band called The Yards:

http://www.theyards.org
  • Options
    I'm Neil. I live in Amsterdam. I'm orginally from Ayrshire. My memory has them playing early on the main stage probably 1998....... but I have similar memory problems.

A little browse on the ole' wikipedias tells me that your memory is better than mine, he was called chris:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Helme

and he's now in a band called The Yards:

http://www.theyards.org

Yeah that was the man Chris Helme.I def saw them in a tent late on in the day,poss headliners,King Tuts or N.M.E. before it went open air.There was a near riot to get in and then Noel Gallagher came on stage with them and sang a beatles song.The news that Noel was on stage went round like wildfire and security had to close the tent.It was caving in as people tried to climb it to get in.Ah back in the day before T became a ned's weekend out of Saughton.:)
    I havn't been for years.Yes for music trivia and such like I have freakishly good memory.
    Cool to meet you Neil.I'm Mhurraine.I used to go to Butlins in Ayr every summer.:)