Tom Petty Touring?

drew0drew0 Posts: 943
edited April 2007 in Other Music
I've been checking his website every chance I get, but I can't find word whether he will be touring this summer or not, or at least if it's a definite no. It's my senior year of high schoo, and me and all my guys love Tom Petty - late night sing-a-longs and whatnot, and we were all going to make it that one last trip this summer...but I can't find if the tour is going to happen or not. I'll be heartbroken if he doesn't, so we'll see...any idea if it's going to be happening or not?
Pittsburgh 6/23/06
Madison Square Garden 6/25/08
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• pearlzepfanpearlzepfan Posts: 456
    Didn't he officially retire?
    "I'm a thief, and I dig it"
  • Clifwith1fClifwith1f Posts: 143
    He hasn't officially retired or anything like that, but the word on the street is that he's taking an extended break from touring. He also apparently dropped hints that last summer was his last tour with the Heartbreakers.
  • drew0drew0 Posts: 943
    I was fortunate enough to see him last year, but I didn't know if there was a chance. I mean, come on, how many artists say that it will be their last tour? KISS has been on how many farewell tours now?
    Pittsburgh 6/23/06
    Madison Square Garden 6/25/08
  • patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    Didn't he officially retire?

I heard he was thinking of doing another tour. Since he said he had so much fun last yr. Let just hope no more PJ/Pettty shows happen again. heh :D