Mayonaise May Be...

drew0drew0 Posts: 943
edited May 2007 in Other Music
Mayonaise may be the greatest, most beautiful song I have ever heard. I always thought it was good, but I put in Siamese Dream the other day and it blew me away. Heavy, mysterious, beautiful, powerful, soft...amazing.

Not only that, but Siamese Dream may be the greatest album ever. It's currently above Ten, Evil Empire, OK Computer, Blood Sugar Sex Magik, Who's Next, Physical Graffiti, and Abbey Road for my favorite albums...
Pittsburgh 6/23/06
Madison Square Garden 6/25/08
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    drew0 wrote:
    Mayonaise may be the greatest, most beautiful song I have ever heard. I always thought it was good, but I put in Siamese Dream the other day and it blew me away. Heavy, mysterious, beautiful, powerful, quit...amazing.

Not only that, but Siamese Dream may be the greatest album ever. It's currently above Ten, Evil Empire, OK Computer, Blood Sugar Sex Magik, Who's Next, Physical Graffiti, and Abbey Road for my favorite albums...

Hell yeah Siamese Dream is an incredible album, an absolute classic for sure. And Mayonaise is one of my favourite songs ever, it has a real bittersweet quality to it that i just love.
  • holtzholtz Posts: 509
    Mayonaise and Soma are my two faves, by far, from that album, two great songs.
  • gvn2fly12gvn2fly12 Posts: 787
    Best Pumpkins song ever!!!
    Arms wide open with the sea as my floor.
  • vitodacatvitodacat Posts: 475
    drew0 wrote:
    Mayonaise may be the greatest, most beautiful song I have ever heard. I always thought it was good, but I put in Siamese Dream the other day and it blew me away. Heavy, mysterious, beautiful, powerful, quit...amazing.

Couldn't agree more.....what a song

*Official Marker in the Sand Fan Club Junkie*
    Member # 0003

wont let the light escape from me
    wont let the darkness swallow me
  • sadprofessorsadprofessor Posts: 1,034
    Best thing they ever recorded. I was lucky enough to see them play it on their last tour, after a 2+ hour show, they came back out and that was the second encore and last song... one of my favorite live music moments ever.
    The Man has a branch office in each of our brains, his corporate emblem is a white albatross, each local rep has a cover known as the Ego, and their mission in this world is Bad Shit.
  • prytocorduroyprytocorduroy Posts: 4,355
    It is indeed a perfect song. I just bought that Rarities and B-Sides album from iTunes (when they fucked up the price ;)) and there is a different version of it on there. No new lyrics or anything, just different tone and vibe. Not my favorite, nor their best in my opinion, but it is way up there.....one of the greats.

And yes, Siamese Dream is the best album ever. Okay maybe tied with Vs.
  • bladworth116bladworth116 Posts: 344
    doesn't Mike Mills from R.E.M. play piano on that song?
  • doughdough Posts: 9
    It's my favorite song and that album is the greatest of the 90's imo. I have it on a rare red vinyl. At least I think it's rare.
  • Evacuation RulesEvacuation Rules Posts: 2,162
    I loved Mayonaise the first time I heard it...

...when it was called "Purple Rain"
  • BrainofdzBrainofdz Posts: 1,617
    I can't even put into words how that song makes me feel, such a perfect song from a great album
    "Stunned by my own reflection, It's looking back, sees me too clearly and I swore I'd never go there again, Not unlike a friend that politely drags you down,down,down"

When you see me on the street, yell out "FAVO!!!"

I've been to alot of Pearl Jam shows;So fucking what.
  • itsevobabyitsevobaby Posts: 1,809
    drew0 wrote:
    totally agree, amazing, amazing album
    Look Alive,
    See These Bones
  • hodgehodge Posts: 519
    yes it is my fav pumpkins song
    i really hope they play it live when i see them
    ..and you will come to find that we are all one mind, capable of all that's imagined and all conceivable