Rush In Concert

drew0drew0 Posts: 943
edited June 2007 in Other Music
I've been listening to Rush a lot lately - are they worth going to see live this year? Tickets are pretty pricey, but I figured it would be worth it if they still put on a good show.

Also, how are the shows selling? This might seem weird, but I hate it when I go to a concert and it's half empty. I love the feeling of a full house and sold out crowd...
Pittsburgh 6/23/06
Madison Square Garden 6/25/08
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• bovy_jbovy_j Posts: 1,008
    Rush rules! Hit it up, I've seen them before, great show!
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,216
    I've seen them their last two tours and am going to see them next week. They have sounded fantastic and the house has been about 90+% full. If you dig 'em, I definitely recommend going.
  • LedZepFanLedZepFan Posts: 1,009
    i'm seeing them at the end of next week...im a casual fan but looking forward to seeing them for sure
    I've faced it, a life wasted, and I'm never going back again.

Some die just to live.
  • kenny olavkenny olav Posts: 3,319
    drew0 wrote:
    I've been listening to Rush a lot lately - are they worth going to see live this year? Tickets are pretty pricey, but I figured it would be worth it if they still put on a good show.

Also, how are the shows selling? This might seem weird, but I hate it when I go to a concert and it's half empty. I love the feeling of a full house and sold out crowd...

i'll let you know after Wednesday. got tix for the Mansfield, MA show. the only time I saw them before was during the 2002 tour, but they sounded pretty much flawless. sometimes the high notes are rough for Geddy, particularly on the older songs - i've noticed this on the R30 DVD.
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    I'm a casual fan, seeing them in September. First concert since Albany that I'm going to with the whole family. Excited!
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V