Smashing Pumpkins U.S. Tour

drew0drew0 Posts: 943
edited July 2007 in Other Music
They announced it. I'll be at the Pittsburgh show on October 9th. It makes me more excited because I'm a student at Duquesne University, and they're playing in our gym. :D
Pittsburgh 6/23/06
Madison Square Garden 6/25/08
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• 7 Kettles7 Kettles Posts: 86
    when do they go on sale?

as an ontarion (and already going to their toronto festival show...), i'll have to make the trip to either detroit or pittsburgh to check them out.

they've been playing amazingly awesome sets and their new songs are sooooooooo good live. can't wait!!!
    they say god makes problems just to see what you can stand ~ elliott smith
  • pearljam0000pearljam0000 Posts: 450
    drew0 wrote:
    They announced it. I'll be at the Pittsburgh show on October 9th. It makes me more excited because I'm a student at Duquesne University, and they're playing in our gym. :D

I'll be there too man.
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    Very poor tour in my opinion, that many straight nights at the same couple venues is just stupid and the fall tour doesnt even have any stops in Chicago or Milwaukee, I am quite disappointed right now and may buy the new Interpol instead of The Pumpkins
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • drew0drew0 Posts: 943
    Very poor tour in my opinion, that many straight nights at the same couple venues is just stupid and the fall tour doesnt even have any stops in Chicago or Milwaukee, I am quite disappointed right now and may buy the new Interpol instead of The Pumpkins

I agree somewhat. I think it was stupid how they spent so long in Asheville and San Fran (I think 23 total days?) instead of doing a summer U.S. tour to promote the album. They'd probably sell more tickets in the summer than the fall, but maybe I'm wrong, and it would promote the album more because they'd go out an buy a copy around the time of when they'd see them, keeping the album higher during the summer (when it came out).

I'm sure more dates are to come. At least a Chicago date.
    Pittsburgh 6/23/06
  • El_KabongEl_Kabong Posts: 4,141
    7 Kettles wrote:
    when do they go on sale?

as an ontarion (and already going to their toronto festival show...), i'll have to make the trip to either detroit or pittsburgh to check them out.

they've been playing amazingly awesome sets and their new songs are sooooooooo good live. can't wait!!!

well...pumpkins are harvested in the fall....

i agree, the've been playing amazing! well, i was only at 1 show but they had to play at least 3 1/2 hours total i never knew billy was such a good guitarist, i always thought it was james
    standin above the crowd
    he had a voice that was strong and loud and
    i swallowed his facade cos i'm so
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
    someone who seemed to feel the same
    someone prepared to lead the way
    drew0 wrote:
    I agree somewhat. I think it was stupid how they spent so long in Asheville and San Fran (I think 23 total days?) instead of doing a summer U.S. tour to promote the album. They'd probably sell more tickets in the summer than the fall, but maybe I'm wrong, and it would promote the album more because they'd go out an buy a copy around the time of when they'd see them, keeping the album higher during the summer (when it came out).

I'm sure more dates are to come. At least a Chicago date.

maybe he wanted to have a good time?

maybe he wasn't sure how the 3 new ppl would work out?

i don't mind b/c the south seems to get shafted quite a lot. florida gets more shows but i've been to easily over 15 shows in the 3 years i've lived in sc and only 2 of those (ani difranco and tool) have been instate...pj didn't come close, radiohead didn't come close on their little mini tour...asheville is a beautiful place, who wouldn't want to play there for 9 or so nights!? :D

why does east rutherford always get shows? it seems like everyone plays there? seriously, is it a nice venue?
    standin above the crowd
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
  • The VacantThe Vacant Posts: 271

That isn't the full list of dates, only one leg. If you look at the list, there are several major markets missing (New York, LA, Chicago, St. Louis, Baltimore/DC, ect.). More dates will be released after a while.
  • iOnlyownMymindiOnlyownMymind Posts: 2,744

You're not going to buy the album just cause they aren't going to make a stop in one of your select cities? Wow.
  • pearljam0000pearljam0000 Posts: 450
    I'm pumped for this concert. October 9 can't come soon enough. Well I'll be seeing them at V-fest also. Does anybody have an idea of ticket prices?
  • duggroduggro Posts: 1,343
    come on guys, of course they are gonna play chicago. they'll probs announce 50 shows in a row there
    Dublin Leeds Berlin Wembley
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Just finished listening to cd. Not too great. about 3 noteworthy songs off the album.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • duggroduggro Posts: 1,343
    Just finished listening to cd. Not too great. about 3 noteworthy songs off the album.
    fair play to you, i love it:)
    Dublin Leeds Berlin Wembley
    The Vacant wrote:
    That isn't the full list of dates, only one leg. If you look at the list, there are several major markets missing (New York, LA, Chicago, St. Louis, Baltimore/DC, ect.). More dates will be released after a while.

they're already scheduled to play baltimore, at least according to the back of the shirt i got at an asheville show
    standin above the crowd
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
  • drew0drew0 Posts: 943
    El_Kabong wrote:
    they're already scheduled to play baltimore, at least according to the back of the shirt i got at an asheville show

The Virgin Festival is in Baltimore, which they're playing at...probably what the shirt was referring to. They haven't announed a regular date, however.
    Pittsburgh 6/23/06
    drew0 wrote:
    The Virgin Festival is in Baltimore, which they're playing at...probably what the shirt was referring to. They haven't announed a regular date, however.

ah, i understand, festivals usually don't compare to a regular show

i think they will announce more dates, but who knows...i thought the same about pj
    standin above the crowd
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    duggro wrote:
    come on guys, of course they are gonna play chicago. they'll probs announce 50 shows in a row there

I really hope
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • I will going to the Pittsburgh show as well.

Can't

Fucking

Wait.
  • bryionakbryionak Posts: 27
    Well they are playing DC on the day the album is released, next Tuesday.

Saw them there in '96, first show for the new 9:30 club. I saw the Asheville show on the 30th, so I am going to try to get tickets. We will see.
    1994-4-08 Fairfax, VA GMU Patriot Center
    1996-9-24 Columbia Maryland Merriweather Post Pavilion
    1998-9-18 Columbia Maryland Merriweather Post Pavilion
    2006-5-30 Washington, DC Verizon Center
    2008-6-22 Washington, DC Verizon Center
    2010-5-13 Bristow, VA Jiffy Lube Live
    2013-10-29 Charlottesville, VA John Paul Jones Arena
    2022-9-14 Camden, NJ 
  • i got idi got id Posts: 867
    bryionak wrote:
    Well they are playing DC on the day the album is released, next Tuesday.

Saw them there in '96, first show for the new 9:30 club. I saw the Asheville show on the 30th, so I am going to try to get tickets. We will see.

I'll be trying for 2 and if I get them I'll have an extra...