What Has More Balls...

drew0drew0 Posts: 943
edited August 2007 in Other Music
So, a couple of friends and I were laying out by the pool the other day - we forgot our CDs and iPod, so we were stuck with the radio. First off, the friends I was with all love country music - mainly Kenny Chesney, Rascall Flatts, Brad Paisley, and other such artists (not older country, but modern country).

They hate classic rock, and we were forced to listen to either Top 20 or Country, and we put on Top 20. The songs were all horrible - Fergie's "Big Girls Don't Cry", Rhianna's "Umbrella", Fall Out Boy, etc. Alanis Morisette's "You Oughta Know" came on the radio, and I said "Finally, a good song". They all made fun of me for liking it, saying it was "girly" and "gay".

Now, maybe I'm just imagining things, but what has more "balls" to it and is more "girly" - 'You Oughta Know' by Alanis Morisette or the Rascall Flatts?
Pittsburgh 6/23/06
Madison Square Garden 6/25/08
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• DocChicagoDocChicago Posts: 653
    Well there really is no winner here, but as Alanis is technically a girl, the song is probably more girly. That song does have some balls though.

I consider myself fortunate enough not to know any Rascal Flatts songs.
    It is time to admit that we used to rock like hurricanes. It is time to run for the hills and go round and round. It is time for us to shout at the devil. We've got the right to choose it, there ain't no way we'll lose it, and we're not gonna take it anymore.
    - C. Klosterman
  • drew0drew0 Posts: 943
    I argued that she was brave enough to say the F word. Rascall Flatts are, no joke, a boy band with a country accent. Despite Morisette being a girl, I think liking her song would be more masculine than the Rascall Flatts. I'm not a huge fan of the song, but it's not bad - and after listening to Fergie & Fall Out Boy, it sounded a whole lot better.
    Pittsburgh 6/23/06
  • markymark550markymark550 Posts: 5,138
    I think it would be more girly and gay if you liked the Fergie or Rhianna song more than Alanis Morrissette's song. I'm not an Alanis fan, but at least I would be able to tolerate that over that other crap you listed....
  • You should've went an bought a Rage CD right then and there, and said "Zach would murder anyone of those fuckers!!"
    Ignore your rights and they'll go away!

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to have fun." Benjamin Franklin

www.AllAmericanBiofuels.com
    Biodiesel: No War Required!
  • drew0drew0 Posts: 943
    They always tells me that Rage is horrible, and I just reply that Zack de la Rocha would murder Kenny Chesney in a fight.
    Pittsburgh 6/23/06
  • Allanis Morrissette has more balls than anyone close to the music your friends listen to. Stand tall.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"