Conor Oberst to drunk to finish show

tylerj1462tylerj1462 Posts: 40
edited April 2007 in Other Music
1st night of the tour in Milwaukee.

He got though about 10 songs and then started to slur lyrics, forget lryics, rambling for minutes about the opening bands between songs. Finally on the last song he attempted to walk up by the stings band that was onstage and he fell. then jumped in the crowd. The was pulled out be security and stage hands, then broke free and did it again. In the end he was dragged off stage. The last song was "Road to Joy", that was the only song he played from the "Im wide awake" Cd. Didnt even play "When the President Talks to God".
"so this is how liberty ends, with thunderous applause"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• thats crazy, and this is only the first show!

I wanted to see him in Portland but never got tickets

His new album is pretty crazy. Very apocalypse sounding
  • tylerj1462 wrote:

He got though about 10 songs and then started to slur lyrics, forget lryics, rambling for minutes about the opening bands between songs. Finally on the last song he attempted to walk up by the stings band that was onstage and he fell. then jumped in the crowd. The was pulled out be security and stage hands, then broke free and did it again. In the end he was dragged off stage. The last song was "Road to Joy", that was the only song he played from the "Im wide awake" Cd. Didnt even play "When the President Talks to God".

That's funny. I'm too sober to listen to one of his Albums.
    NERDS!
  • cornnifercornnifer Posts: 2,130
    honestly, i don't really get his popularity. Oberst and i are from the same neck of the woods (generally speaking, not exactly). Don't know him, never met him, (i'm actually much older) but i've heard stories from people who used to see him play in coffee houses and shit singing songs about heartache and shit like that at the age of about 13. Wtf do you know about heartache at 13?
    "When all your friends and sedatives mean well but make it worse... better find yourself a place to level out."
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    tylerj1462 wrote:

is that song even on an album? i couldn't really care less if he plays it or not, but i am going to see him in a few weeks and i hope he pulls it together by then. hate to see him go the way of stapp and ryan adams.
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    cornnifer wrote:
    honestly, i don't really get his popularity. Oberst and i are from the same neck of the woods (generally speaking, not exactly). Don't know him, never met him, (i'm actually much older) but i've heard stories from people who used to see him play in coffee houses and shit singing songs about heartache and shit like that at the age of about 13. Wtf do you know about heartache at 13?

wtf does any rock star know about heartache? they've had girls throwing themselves at them their whole lives.
  • cornnifer wrote:

I really dont like any of the early "heartache" stuff. I think hes gotten away from that over the couple albums.

I really hope he would add another Milwaukee date to make up for that crap last night. But i dont expect it.
    "so this is how liberty ends, with thunderous applause"
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    That sucks when you spend your hard earned money and some asshole musician thinks he can just waste your time. Dick.

I have tickets for the Orlando show (2 1/2 hours drive), but it's mostly for my g/f. I'm bringing a variety of fruit to pelt him with if he's drunk. It'll be just like the movies.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • mauichickmauichick Posts: 964
    I'm hoping this is a joke
    I'm seeing two of the townhall shows (1st and last)

seen them one other time (tampa) and they were amazing
    '96 7 shows / '97 3 shows / '98 15 shows
    '00 12 shows / '03 4 shows / '06 6 shows
    '08 3 shows / '09 5 shows / '10 6 shows
  • mauichick wrote:
    I'm hoping this is a joke
    I'm seeing two of the townhall shows (1st and last)

seen them one other time (tampa) and they were amazing

what band is this dude with
    Some people have religion I have Pearl Jam.

no more shows
  • what band is this dude with
    Bright Eyes
    NERDS!