Why doesn't the 3rd Oasis album get any attention?

57Goldtop57Goldtop Posts: 218
edited November 2006 in Other Music
I don't see one song from it on the new greatest hits.

Don't Go Away
Stand By Me
All Around the World
Know What I mean

All those were great. There are more good ones, I just can't remember names.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• holtzholtz Posts: 509
    Be here Now is my second fave Oasis album, great songs like the ones you mentioned plus I Hope I think I know.
  • Marie CurieMarie Curie Posts: 1,250
    Be Here Now is my least favorite Oasis album.
    “Life is life everywhere. Life is in ourselves and not outside us. There will be men beside me, and the important thing is to be a man among men and to remain a man always, whatever the misfortunes, not to despair and not to fall - that is the aim of life, that is its purpose.”
    Fyodor Dostoyevsky
  • KellerKeller Posts: 177
    I was shocked how big oasis is in europe. they are 10x bigger there then they are in the states. In london they are in the news paper every single day.
    "Be what you want to be, see what you came to see"
  • brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    you're my wonderwall
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    it's "bloated"! that's why their 3rd album gets no love. i think it ruined them. never were the same again!
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    57Goldtop wrote:

Don't Go Away
    Stand By Me
    All Around the World
    Know What I mean

the bar was set quite high by Whats the Story and Def Maybe.

I am seeing Noel and Gem acoustic tonight!!!!!.....a block away from my office!....gimme convenience or gimme death!
  • goldrushgoldrush Posts: 7,481
    probably because Noel thinks it's shit (he's right). He was being interviewed the other day and when BHN was mentioned he just said "What was I thinking? It's an awful bloody record"
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • It's my fav Oasis album. Those buzz bombs "D'ya know what I mean" & "My big mouth" are totally underrated. I'll take them over Wonderwall & Champagne Supernova anyday. Noel said he and the boyz were totally strung out on cocaine during the making of that album. Still my fav
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    it has its moments. but it does seem a little TOO "epic."
  • it's my favorite... granted the songs are a bit more extended than i'd choose to make them, but the songwriting is some of noel's best, IMO.
  • holtzholtz Posts: 509
    goldrush wrote:
    probably because Noel thinks it's shit (he's right). He was being interviewed the other day and when BHN was mentioned he just said "What was I thinking? It's an awful bloody record"

Be here Now is way better than the last few albums by Oasis, IMO of course.
  • mrwalkerbmrwalkerb Posts: 1,015
    holtz wrote:
    Be here Now is way better than the last few albums by Oasis, IMO of course.

yes, the last one was decent but Heathen Chemistry was a fucking wash, it's the one I didn't even bother to buy.
    "I'm not suicidal, except when I drink. That's why we don't all drink at the same time, there'd be no-one alive to drive home..."
    Chris Cornell

http://www.myspace.com/mrwalkerb
  • 57Goldtop wrote:

Don't Go Away
    Stand By Me
    All Around the World
    Know What I mean

yeah man, it's probably my favorite album by them - so solid.

noel admitted in an interview years later that he had a nasty cocaine habit during the making of that album and all the lyrics are about bein in an 'over-blown' state...if you go back and re-read the lyrics, it's even trippier. and the funny part was he said somethin like "all the songs felt like 2 minutes" but then they recorded them they were all like 7+ minutes long. good ol' cocaine.

i love the self-titled track, 'be here now' and the epic 'we're gettin better man.'

i am so pissed AT&T took 'all around the world"
  • AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    love Be Here Now as well..
    some songs though were a tad bit draggy.
    was a great era for Oasis music for me...fantastic B-sides too especially from the Stand By Me single.
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA