Panic at the Disco

pazmanpazman Posts: 197
edited October 2006 in Other Music
Plenty of hype and magazine covers but are they any good. I'veheard their single but that is about it
What does everyone think?
I had it all once I gave it back
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• amentvedderamentvedder Posts: 3,610
    Prepare to get fried! Did you read the My Chemical Romance thread? lol Anyway i like them, i like Fall Out Boy and MCR :o:o guilty pleasures
  • I ended up at a Panic! At The Disco gig back in April. I'd heard the record a couple of times and it wasn't completely awful but they were absolutely abysmal live.

They had no stage prescence and just looked lost up there.....we left before the end.

The crowd were also terrible.....very rude and ignorant
    A democracy on paper, apparently well ordered, regularly subverted by irrational chaos.

Manchester - 4/6/2000
    London - 20/4/2006
    Dublin - 23/8/2006
    London - 18/6/2007
    New York City - 24/6/2008
    New York City - 25/6/2008 - we will be "what is up" New York
    Manchester - 18/8/2009
    Manchester - 20/6/2012
    Leeds - 6/7/2014
    London - 18/6/2018
  • stu geestu gee Posts: 1,174
    Simply put, in my opinion, panic at the disco are a bad band.
    People say im paranoid. Well, they dont say it, but i know that's what they are thinking.
  • I find them totally inoffensive, and actually think they're more talented than people give them credit for. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying they are amazing or anything, but they are way more original than a band like Fall out boy.
    I find them totally inoffensive, and actually think they're more talented than people give them credit for. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying they are amazing or anything, but they are way more original than a band like Fall out boy.

But they are a total rip off of Fall Out Boy, who's debut album was in 2002. A carbon copy of their sound and it was because of help from the Fall Out Boy bassist that they became famous.
  • But they are a total rip off of Fall Out Boy, who's debut album was in 2002. A carbon copy of their sound and it was because of help from the Fall Out Boy bassist that they became famous.

Perhaps you need to listen closer, I don't know any other pop-rock band that have such a heavy vaudeville style influence in their music. I'm not saying they are ground-breaking, but it certainly is a different spin on the pop-rock genre, which is more than Fall out boy have done.
    Perhaps you need to listen closer, I don't know any other pop-rock band that have such a heavy vaudeville style influence in their music. I'm not saying they are ground-breaking, but it certainly is a different spin on the pop-rock genre, which is more than Fall out boy have done.
    but they are way more original than a band like Fall out boy.

^ That is you yes and not an impostor??

Fall Out Boy is the original band as they were out first and Panic At the Disco copied them, there is no argument in that
  • ^ That is you yes and not an impostor??

Fall Out Boy is the original band as they were out first and Panic At the Disco copied them, there is no argument in that

Mate get over it, they are both pop-rock and the singers have very similar voices, this doesn't mean Panic explicitly copied Fall out boy. What I'm saying is that musically speaking Panic's incorporation of vaudeville style music is far more original.
  • God-awful.
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2018 Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 MSG I, Fenway I, Fenway II
    Mate get over it, they are both pop-rock and the singers have very similar voices, this doesn't mean Panic explicitly copied Fall out boy. What I'm saying is that musically speaking Panic's incorporation of vaudeville style music is far more original.

Gee you really hate to be wrong eh, it's not because they were out 1st listen to them haha you wont find a bigger copy of another group! i don't really give a shit i only know these bands cos of my 14 yr old niece. But you made out they are more 'original' than Fall Out Boy which is stupid, everyone laughs at how much they try to rip off Fall Out Boy. Also you started the cheeky perhaps i need to listen better or wotever
    God-awful.
    Journey? :p
  • BinauralBinaural Posts: 1,046
    Producer: Jump!

Panic At The Disco!: How high?

PEACE
    ~*~*~*~*PROUD EVENFLOW PSYCHO #0026~*~*~*~*

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^RED MOSQUITO #2^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Dublin 08/06
    Katowice 06/07 London 06/07 Dusseldorf 06/07 Nijgemen 06/07
  • Gee you really hate to be wrong eh, it's not because they were out 1st listen to them haha you wont find a bigger copy of another group! i don't really give a shit i only know these bands cos of my 14 yr old niece. But you made out they are more 'original' than Fall Out Boy which is stupid, everyone laughs at how much they try to rip off Fall Out Boy. Also you started the cheeky perhaps i need to listen better or wotever

Yeah but the difference is that I've listened to both bands (more than just the singles). I have no issue saying if I'm wrong, but the fact remains that there is a heavy vaudeville element to panic's music which is not present in FOB's music, therefore making them more unique. From a casual listen I'm sure they do sound 'the same' but given a proper listen it's not hard to tell them apart.

I wanna state for the record I loathe FOB, and find panic catchy at best. I'm not gonna bust a nut trying to point out the differences in their music, BUT if you give it a proper listen it is plain to hear.
    Yeah but the difference is that I've listened to both bands (more than just the singles). I have no issue saying if I'm wrong, but the fact remains that there is a heavy vaudeville element to panic's music which is not present in FOB's music, therefore making them more unique. From a casual listen I'm sure they do sound 'the same' but given a proper listen it's not hard to tell them apart.

I wanna state for the record I loathe FOB, and find panic catchy at best. I'm not gonna bust a nut trying to point out the differences in their music, BUT if you give it a proper listen it is plain to hear.

Ok, fair enough
  • Whatever it is that Panic! at the Disco are doing, it's not rock n' roll. I hate it.
    It is time to admit that we used to rock like hurricanes. It is time to run for the hills and go round and round. It is time for us to shout at the devil. We've got the right to choose it, there ain't no way we'll lose it, and we're not gonna take it anymore.
    - C. Klosterman
    I watched them live on a podcast at that lollapalooza and they looked an absolue nightmare live. Coupled with the fact that i hate the music they play, attending one of their live shows would be terrifying.
    People say im paranoid. Well, they dont say it, but i know that's what they are thinking.
  • 3sheets3sheets Posts: 284
    haven't you ever heard of...changing the goddamn radio station (when this song comes on)?
    Live Free or Die!
    3sheets wrote:
    haven't you ever heard of...changing the goddamn radio station (when this song comes on)?

You need to listen to something first to realise you dont like it.

I dont make a point of listening to them when they are on, but its impossible to avoid them completely when they are everywhere.
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    you wont find a bigger copy of another group!

1. both bands are aweful to my ears.

2. i must say the biggest rip off i've ever heard in rock was probalby godsmack ripping off alice in chians.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22