Options

the flaming lips

robbyblaylockrobbyblaylock Posts: 428
edited March 2006 in Other Music
anyone get their hands on the new album coming out soon?
at war with the mystics leaked a couple of weeks ago and i am beyond blown away by it. i dont even know if its the final copy but if its not im absolutely in for a treat...we all are
i think it comes out april 11th...
wayne is a genius and this album has a much more upbeat pace than yoshimi (though fight test is still my favorite lips song - i could care less if its "ripped off")
i just got tickets to both of their shows in nyc (webster hall) looking forward to it insanely. anyone else digging them or better yet, attending those shows?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    sadprofessorsadprofessor Posts: 1,033
    It has some tracks I really like, but I have yet to come to a final decision about it... im still digesting it.

Will be seeing them next weekend down in South Florida at the Langerado Festival. Should be good times, I have been wanting to see that band live for years.
    The Man has a branch office in each of our brains, his corporate emblem is a white albatross, each local rep has a cover known as the Ego, and their mission in this world is Bad Shit.
  • Options
    merkinballmerkinball Posts: 2,262
    It has some tracks I really like, but I have yet to come to a final decision about it... im still digesting it.

Will be seeing them next weekend down in South Florida at the Langerado Festival. Should be good times, I have been wanting to see that band live for years.

I haven't searched it out yet. I've only heard Mr. Ambulance Driver (which has grown on me) and The W.A.N.D., which rocks. Love that fuzzy guitar.

Hey Sadprofessor, I haven't said it yet, but Langerado looks amazing. The chance to see the Lips (hopefully Wayne will bring out the big hamster ball), the Drive By Truckers, and Robert Randolph in the same weekend would be unreal.

Enjoy the Lips, their live show is really like no other I've been to.
    "You're no help," he told the lime. This was unfair. It was only a lime; there was nothing special about it at all. It was doing the best it could.

http://www.last.fm/user/merkinball/
    spotify:user:merkinball
  • Options
    noalarmsnoalarms Posts: 40
    It's my fav since The Soft Bulliten
  • Options
    clayton12clayton12 Athens, GA Posts: 322
    The Soft Bulletin was only two albums ago.
  • Options
    sadprofessorsadprofessor Posts: 1,033
    merkinball wrote:
    I haven't searched it out yet. I've only heard Mr. Ambulance Driver (which has grown on me) and The W.A.N.D., which rocks. Love that fuzzy guitar.

Hey Sadprofessor, I haven't said it yet, but Langerado looks amazing. The chance to see the Lips (hopefully Wayne will bring out the big hamster ball), the Drive By Truckers, and Robert Randolph in the same weekend would be unreal.

Enjoy the Lips, their live show is really like no other I've been to.

Oh yeah I am fucking psyched for Langerado, I can't think of a festival of this size ever occuring this close to me, other than bonnaroo and that is always undoable for some reason or another... We are catching the drive-by truckers the night before at the Culture room, which should be awesome, and then the two full days of Langerado, which of course leads right into my spring break from college... but I am probably going to need that week just to recover.. Good times ahead, I shall do my best to provide a decent review for those interested around here, you know once I get home and am lucid enough to write such a thing. :)
    The Man has a branch office in each of our brains, his corporate emblem is a white albatross, each local rep has a cover known as the Ego, and their mission in this world is Bad Shit.
  • Options
    yeah i enjoyed this one as well as the last two. i lost my yoshimi in surround sound and only have the dvd, id really like to pick up the soft bulletin surround sound too.
    the surround sound for this one is due in october.
  • Options
    PyramidPyramid Posts: 61
    i cant get into it, the songwriting is weak and the lyrics are terrible. im pretty dissapointed after the goodness of yoshimi
    "...follow the strangest tribe..." - pj

www.flickr.com/photos/vainch

http://loveanddestruction.blogspot.com/

http://www.davidveentjer.com