Travis Meeks

IWishIWasASailorIWishIWasASailor Posts: 129
edited February 2007 in Other Music
Ridiculous fucking talent.

Judged way too much based on his record at the age of 16. he's an absurd talent. Has a new myspace up with some awesome new shit.

http://www.myspace.com/treecolors
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I saw him on "Intervention"...any word if he's doing any better? The dude was fucked up real bad.
    "I'll do whatever the song dictates - if it doesn't need a real lead, then I won't do one. But if it does, then I'll fuckin' go off." - Mike

"Japan is awesome; the fans there knew all the words to all the songs...at least phonetically." - Stone

"I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version." - EV
  • Yeah, I hope he's able to have some more success...Face Of The Earth is one of the best acoustic songs I know of. Great writer.
  • Yeah, it's kinda sad that Days of the New got looped into the whole "grunge revival" bands that sucked, because Meeks was incredible. The second Days of the New album (the green one) had the best song transitions I have ever heard on an album.

9/17/95-New Orleans,LA 8/14/00-New Orleans,LA 4/8/03-New Orleans,LA 4/13/03-Tampa,FL 10/8/04-Kissimmee,FL 8/5/07-Chicago,IL 6/16/08-Columbia,SC 6/23/09-(EV Solo)Atlanta,GA 5/1/10-New Orleans,LA 9/21/12-Pensacola,FL 11/1/13-New Orleans,LA 4/11/16-Tampa,FL  4/23/16-New Orleans,LA

• Thanks for posting that. Good to hear that he's doing some new stuff. I remember talking to a buddy in college around the time the second album came out and we agreed that he was an amazing talent and hopefully he could keep his head on straight.
  • He's gonna be back soon and he's gonna dominate.

It's just sad that people wrote him off for shit he wrote at literally age 13-14
  • Yeah, the new stuff sounds great. I enjoyed all 3 albums he put out and that they all had a different sound. Any word on when a new disc would drop or any chance of a tour?
  • Ridiculous fucking talent.

Judged way too much based on his record at the age of 16. he's an absurd talent. Has a new myspace up with some awesome new shit.

http://www.myspace.com/treecolors

he wrote yellow when he was 17, but anyway...he is amazing. he seems to be moving past that part of his life...so, hopefully, with prayers and perseverance, he can make it all the way through the dark tunnel.
    I'll dig a tunnel
    from my window to yours
  • Neruda25Neruda25 Posts: 266
    Yeah, the new stuff sounds great. I enjoyed all 3 albums he put out and that they all had a different sound. Any word on when a new disc would drop or any chance of a tour?

Here are some dates:-

3/9/07: portland, maine

3/10/07: bedford, new hampshire

(for you arkansans, he'll be there solo on 3/23/07.)

Travis just kick-ass!!!!!!
    22 nov. Santiago
    23 nov. Santiago
    25 nov. Buenos Aires
    26 nov. Buenos Aires

http://www.myspace.com/delonelyman
  • Recorded at that age.

Songs like freak and others were written very young.