Options

New Album - Essential Alice In Chains

stonesgstringstonesgstring Posts: 4,613
edited August 2006 in Other Music
I see that Alice in Chains are releasing a new album,called Essential Collection. It's basically a best of or greatest hits.

Link: http://store.aliceinchains.com/catalog/product.aspx?Id=DM000231
20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    prytocorduroyprytocorduroy Posts: 4,355
    Don't they already have two? Guess Jerry's solo career isn't going to well ;)
  • Options
    No Don't Follow, Shame In You, Or Rotton Apple!!!! Easily 3 Of Their Best Songs!!!
  • Options
    tonadaxtonadax Posts: 594
    i expect this one don´t be as a bad as their last greatest hits, sucks....

i recomend you the best of the box ...
  • Options
    facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    No Junkhead!
  • Options
    Pointless.
  • Options
    r2g2r2g2 Posts: 66
    No Don't Follow, Shame In You, Or Rotton Apple!!!! Easily 3 Of Their Best Songs!!!

Exactly!! I scanned for Don't Follow and decided it really isn't that "Essential"
    Could've went for some God Am too.
    I said Yeaaaaaaah!
  • Options
    mrwalkerbmrwalkerb Posts: 1,015
    these essential discs are generally pretty good, I mean the ten track greatest hits from a year ago is a fucking joke but this should be good, I totally listened to dirt for the first time in a loing time at work today.
    "I'm not suicidal, except when I drink. That's why we don't all drink at the same time, there'd be no-one alive to drive home..."
    Chris Cornell

http://www.myspace.com/mrwalkerb
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    at least "Died" is on there.. one of AIC's best songs.
    no It Aint Like That, Bleed the Freak, Junkhead, Rotton Apple, God Am, or DOWN IN A FUCKING HOLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that Nothing Safe: Best Of the Box from a few years back is a much better buy, even though this has "Died" on it.

wasn't Fear the Voices a single too? that song was weak but still.. i also remember hearing a cover of Bowie's Suffragette City on a boot years ago.. where's that?
  • Options
    adam42381adam42381 Kernersville, NC Posts: 2,505
    The absence of Down In A Hole is a bit puzzling. This is one of their biggest hits. Kind of like REM's greatest hits without It's The End of the World as We Know It. I just don't understand.
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    adam42381 wrote:
    The absence of Down In A Hole is a bit puzzling. This is one of their biggest hits. Kind of like REM's greatest hits without It's The End of the World as We Know It. I just don't understand.

Its on their other greatest hits cd. This CD is really pointless
    Pearl Jam - London Astoria 20/4/06....One hell of a night :)

Reading 2006 - WOOOOW!!!!!

Paris 2006 - Fucking amazing

Wembley 2007 :D
  • Options
    LedZepFanLedZepFan Posts: 1,009
    From my experience, these "Essential" collections aren't always supposed to serve as just greatest hits, but also collections that will easily introduce someone to an artist. Therefore, maybe now ALL the hits will be on it. "Down In a Hole" blows anyway, AIC had much better songs.
    I've faced it, a life wasted, and I'm never going back again.

Some die just to live.
  • Options
    They only have 3 albums and 2 EPs, how is it possible to squeeze 3 best of's?
    "I sometimes wonder why there isn't a Tee-Pees R Us."

-Ed
  • Options
    Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    LedZepFan wrote:
    From my experience, these "Essential" collections aren't always supposed to serve as just greatest hits, but also collections that will easily introduce someone to an artist. Therefore, maybe now ALL the hits will be on it. "Down In a Hole" blows anyway, AIC had much better songs.
    In no way whatsoever did down in a hole suck. it was frankly awesome.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Options
    Edved82Edved82 Ireland Posts: 1,256
    As much as i love Alice In Chains, to have as many greatest hits CD's as they had full-length studio albums, is quite frankly ridiculous. I wish they'd change the name of the band and come out with some new stuff. But do NOT continue as AIC - that name should've died with Layne
    "...though my problems are meaningless....that don't make them go away...."
  • Options
    adam42381adam42381 Kernersville, NC Posts: 2,505
    LedZepFan wrote:
    In no way, shape or form did Down In A Hole ever blow. It is a brilliant song. End of story.
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    darthvedder88darthvedder88 Posts: 1,023
    Shame In You was their best song IMO. How it's not on their puzzles me...
    "Darth Vader would say 'Impressive'."

-Eddie Vedder

6/24/06 Cincinatti, Ohio
    6/14/08 Manchester, Tennessee
  • Options
    PaulJamPaulJam Posts: 163
    No Down In A Hole on an 'essential' AIC CD? AHAHAHAHAHH!!!! What a f*ck up!!
  • Options
    They only have 3 albums and 2 EPs, how is it possible to squeeze 3 best of's?

I was thinking the same thing when I read the thread title. I think that they now officially have as many live/ greatest hits collections out as they did proper albums, if you include the box set.
    Statistically speaking, you're more likely to be pitied by Mr. T than you are to have feet.
  • Options
    Cropduster84Cropduster84 Posts: 1,283
    Oh.

Good.

Another best of.
    'The more I studied religions the more I am convinced that man never worshipped anything but himself.' - Sir Richard Francis Burton
  • Options
    Who's cashing in here: the band or the record company? I had read that the last Best-Of, which was a real joke, was done to fulfill the contract with Columbia. That, of course, could have been wrong. But now it seems that this Essentials collection is simply being done to cash-in on the nostalgia that has been rekindled by the current tour. Who's behind it? The band or Columbia Records?

Whatever. Let this be the last AIC Best-Of.

Start a new group with the new lead singer.